Search results for query: *

1. OverPar247365

FS- SkyTrak Launch Monitor, Protective Case and Game Improvement Plan

Through various injuries (shoulder, back, having a kid) my time and hobbies have shifted and I just don't have the time to enjoy this anymore. Selling my Skytrack and the metal housing that comes with it. Currently, I have the "Game Improvement Plan" active. It's been taken care of, used inside...
  2. OverPar247365

Average Age of THP Members??

I am not sure how I got to this point or what caused the thought process but I got to thinking, What's the average age of members of THP? This has zero relevance to anything in particular, just thought it was an intriguing thought exercise. Any guesses? 40? 45? 47? We should start a contest...
  3. OverPar247365

Audio Book Recommendations?

I do a lot of driving so I am a huge fan of Audible. I think my library is close to 100 titles. I listen to everything from business improvement, The Great Courses (lectures from university professors), CIA Thrillers (Mitch Rapp > Jack Ryan) and even biographies. So I don't mind branching out...
  4. OverPar247365

Anyone Care to Provide Some Insight

Being stuck at home, I have worked on my game and I was hoping some of you far more experienced golfers could take a dive into these numbers and tell me what you think. Obviously, I am inconsistent which is why there is 14 shots our of the 85 I hit during my round. One thing that I am a little...
  5. OverPar247365

Is there a preferred shot shape?

Being a newer player, I'm curious what some of you with way more experience on the course think about this. I guess you could say my "natural shot shape" is a little baby fade. I generally start the ball left of the target, works it's way to about 4-5 yards left of the target and then will end...
  6. OverPar247365

Bag Dividers Debate

Where do y'all stand on the 14 dividers vs 5/6 dividers in the bag? I know most favor the 5/6 dividers over the 14 but could y'all input why you prefer the 5/6? There seems to be a major and hard line in the golf community when it comes to the 14 vs 5/6 debate
  7. OverPar247365

PGA Merchandise Show First Timer

I know several of the site mods are heading down for a full week of coverage. However, I’ll be down there for business and my instructor is attending the show and was kind enough to get me a pass. I’m only going to have a few hours Thursday afternoon to go and won’t be able to see everything...
  8. OverPar247365

PGA Merchandise Show Attendees???

I’ll be down in Orlando the same week as the show for my national sales meeting. I plan to play a bit of golf while I’m down there as well. I will have some free nights to do as I please and if anyone of the THP crew will be down for the show and open to a few drinks, I’d love to indulge in...
  9. OverPar247365

New Clubs...When would you buy/upgrade?

So I am a newer golfer and I'm not great. I love the game and the set of clubs I have now are 10+ years old. They are hand-me-downs with what I am assuming are stock shafts and stock specifications. I want to buy new clubs. End of story. I want to get fitted. End of 2nd story. However, I want...
  10. OverPar247365

What can a fitting fix??

I am still relatively new to the entire golf game and the industry but I have hit HARD! I hit about 200-300 balls a week and attempt to pay at least once a week. I’ve also been taking lessons and have been on this fix for a little over a year. I don’t have an issue getting the ball in the air...
  11. OverPar247365

Injured and Looking For a Golf Fix

Of course, peak golf season cranks up in the South and I’ve got a herniated disk. I’ve been instructed to lay off the golf for 4-6 weeks as well as a 3x/week physical therapy. So basically, I’m stuck inside with a back injury for the rest of April and most of May! If you’ve had an injury that’s...
  12. OverPar247365

Modern Drivers and Sound

I’ve been playing a very old Cleveland Launcher for a long time now. I am going to upgrade in the near future. However, one thing I’ve noticed with my driver is I’m rather fond of the higher “ping” I get with this older driver and older tech. I’ve hit a few new ones and the sounds seem more...
  13. OverPar247365

The PGA and Gambling

I know it isn't currently possible to do so but there are things in motion to where people will be able to officially gamble on PGA events and such. I was wondering what takes people had and how they think it might impact the game. I personally think it's a wonderful idea! With daily fantasy...
  14. OverPar247365

Need some help upgrading my bag

THPers, The title says it all. I have all hand me down clubs minus my putter. I have been playing more (1-2 times a week) but in my own eyes, I’m not good enough or playing enough to justify buying an entire new set of 13 clubs and possibly emptying out my savings. Obviously, being conscious...
  15. OverPar247365

New Golfer...Old Clubs (First Post Alert)

Ladies and Gents! Like so many before myself, I have recently taken up golf and am playing once or twice a week. I try to hit the range once or twice and play 18 each week. I love the game and have picked it up rather quickly I feel. I have "hand-me-down" clubs for the most part...Here's what...
Back