Search results for query: *

1. AUWU11

Ball Rec - Tour Ball with lower side spin

Hi all, I’ve played the Chrome Soft for a long time. Today, I tried a TP5 on a whim (couple generations old, but new condition), and noticed much better distance off the tee. Couple of drives were 300+, a first for the season. That was great, as well as the greenside spin. What I didn’t like...
  2. AUWU11

“Bio Mat” Putter Fitting at Golf Galaxy

I’ve been contemplating doing a putter fitting at Golf Galaxy. I called earlier today, and the person I spoke with said they do an analysis on their “bio mat” that analyzes everything with your stroke, arc, posture, lie, loft, etc. Very in-depth breakdown from the sound of it. Has anyone here...
  3. AUWU11

For Sale FINAL ROUND AT PGA CHAMPIONSHIP - One (1) Ticket

I have one available ticket for the final round Sunday 5/23 at the PGA Championship at Kiawah. Selling for $155 (i.e. what I paid after taxes and fees). A friend was originally going to go with me and my wife, but he could not get off of work. TICKET CAN ONLY BE ELECTRONICALLY TRANSFERRED...
  4. AUWU11

Why are my grips sticky?

I’ve always had grips get sticky over time, and eventually just replace them. But during a 9-hole scramble this evening at a local course, I noticed my putter grip was noticeably sticky. I’ve only had this current grip on my putter since late December, so 5 months at this point. Grip definitely...
  5. AUWU11

Question about traveling with clubs

I’ve never flown with clubs before, so wanted to check with those who have before. And apologies in advance if any of these seem like dumb questions. Below is American Airlines policy on flying with clubs. 1) For the other items typically in a golf bag (gloves, sunscreen, rangefinder, rain...
  6. AUWU11

How to “get better” at reading greens

With putting, most people practice a wide range of factors - stroke, pace, consistency, roll, stance, etc. I’ve gotten to the point where my stroke is incredibly consistent and I typically can get a feel for speed pretty quickly when playing. But lately, my struggle has been with reading the...
  7. AUWU11

Adjusting lie on some irons but not all

Anyone ever hear off raising the lie on just the higher irons instead of the whole set? I have a pretty steep swing and hit down in the ball, and have noticed some toe digs with 8i thru AW. But I don’t have the same issue with 5-7i. My line of thinking is because I hit down on the ball note...
  8. AUWU11

Seeking recs for Milwaukee area courses

We’re going to Milwaukee mid-May to play Erin Hills and the Irish Course at Whistling Straits. The group is discussing the idea of a “tune up” round our first day when we all arrive. Anyone have any good recommendations for the Milwaukee area? We’d like to have this first round be a little more...
  9. AUWU11

Wisconsin Golf Trip - Erin Hills and Irish Course at Whistling Straits

Just got the invite today for a golf trip in mid-May to Milwaukee. Going to play the Irish Course at Whistling Straits, followed by Erin Hills. Beyond excited!
  10. AUWU11

Chrome Soft 2018 vs 2020

I recently played a Chrome Soft for the first time and loved it. Turns out it was a 2018 model. Loved everything about it tee to green. My question is what’s the difference between the 2018 and the 2020 Chrome Soft models (in a nutshell)? I’ve read reviews, compared specs, etc, but curious what...
  11. AUWU11

Best app to track stats

I’m looking for an app to keep track of FIR, GIR, and Putts. Can obviously keep scores, etc. But the first 3 stats are what I need the most. I have the GHIN app that keeps my handicap, and I don’t need an app for GPS and yardage and all that. Best ones out there?
  12. AUWU11

One positive from your round today

Too often, I think we as golfers are too hard on ourselves, and too often dwell on the negatives from a round. I had a football coach that used to end practice by having each assistant coach say one positive they saw from their position group in practice that day. I try to take that same mindset...
  13. AUWU11

Need help - bending two wedges

I have two 50 degree wedges, and want to bend one to 48 degrees. The first is an old SM6 Vokey 50-12. I know if I bend it to 48, then the bounce would drop to 10 degrees. Pretty straight forward. Not sure if it’d have any impact on the F-grind or not. The other is the AW in my Srixon 585 set...
  14. AUWU11

Putter fitting

The time has finally come.. I think I need to be fit for a putter. I’ve gone through a handful over the last few years, and different issues with each. I’m starting to think getting fit for one is the right call, if nothing else but for peace of mind. What’s everyone’s thoughts on putter...
  15. AUWU11

How much stock do you put into your play in a scramble?

Played in a scramble today. It was the best ball striking day I’ve had in recent memory. Tee to green, I played very well. Everything was “on.” - 9/14 FIR (and three misses were because we had a ball in play, so I had the green light to try to rip it all-out just because). - Won closest to the...
  16. AUWU11

Need some input - replacement shaft from warranty

My driver has a huge crack in it, and TaylorMade is sending me a replacement under warranty. They don’t have my same shaft, so they are sending one that is “similar specs.” I can always put my previous shaft in the replacement, no issue. But curious how similar the shafts are. My shaft: Matrix...
  17. AUWU11

Titleist SM8 Vokeys - Seem Heavy

I got a set of SM8 Vokeys a few months ago and have been playing with them ever sense. They are phenomenal on full swings. But on feel shots, less than full swings, chips, pitches, etc, they seem heavy. Much heavier than the SM6 and SM7 Vokeys I had previously. Anyone know if the swing weight is...
  18. AUWU11

Way to detect refurbished golf balls

I bought two dozen used 2020 AVX on eBay for $50 (plus $8 shipping). They were described as Mint/5A. They arrived, and they look phenomenal. Can’t tell they are used whatsoever. Almost makes me paranoid that they are refurbished or something, because I’ve bought used mint/5a online before, and...
  19. AUWU11

Which of the balls (generally) is....

Out of the TP5, Z-Star, and Tour B XS, which is generally... The softest feeling? Has the lowest side spin off the tee? Highest ball flight? Lowest?
  20. AUWU11

What to do when your swing is lost

My swing can officially be reported as missing. Usually when I have a couple lesser rounds, I can figure out my swing issues and get back on track. But as of late, I legitimately cannot get it worked out and back on track. And the worst part is, it’s steadily been getting worse, both scores and...
Back