Search results for query: *

1. GolferDad66

Post Round Cool Down

Over the past 2 years I've noticed that the night and next day after a round I stiffen up. Thinking that possibly a warm down or post round stretches might help. Anyone have a good routine they use?
  2. GolferDad66

Cause to Pause on the purchase of those new Irons?

From Golf Digest Online: In his book “12 Myths That Could Wreck Your Golf Game,” club designer Tom Wishon said “When you go to the driving range for a demo day, you’re hitting your 6-iron farther than you hit your old 5-iron. [And] it’s because that shiny new 6-iron in your hands was a 5-iron...
  3. GolferDad66

Closing the Face on Driver HELP

Biggest problem for me right now is the Drive. Now its no longer the outright banana slice that I once had. Been working on swinging from the inside (and my worst out-to-in swings these days when they happen are less than 2* o-t-i). Also working hard to keep the hit on the driver to center-toe...
  4. GolferDad66

2023 US Mid-Amateur

Just curious if anyone on the site is playing in the 2023 US Mid-Amateur Sept 9-14. I'm a volunteer at the tournament this year.
  5. GolferDad66

7 Woods

Just read an article about more tour pros switching over to 7 Woods from hybrids and low 2-3 irons. So it begs the question, who in the THP community has made the switch to 7 woods? Or tried it out? And what are your impressions?
  6. GolferDad66

Handicap

Think its about time for me to get a true handicap, but don't know where to subscribe to get one. I can't afford to join a country club in my area, and the muni's don't offer the service. Any folks in the same boat? What do you guys do? thanks.
  7. GolferDad66

Help from our Vermont Members

Hello all and Merry Christmas. Hope Santa was good to you all! looking for help from any VT members out there. I am looking for a weekend home in lower Vermont - prob south of Stratton (trying to keep it 3 hours from my Westchester NY house). looking for a place perhaps in a gated community-...
  8. GolferDad66

Pros/Cons Golftec

Hi Guys - Seriously considering buying a package of these for the holiday season for me and one of my sons. let me hear your guys experiences with Golftec- recognizing it may be instructor specific sometimes.
  9. GolferDad66

Black Friday Golf Specials - Codes

Let’s all list the Black Friday golf specials with codes in this thread.
  10. GolferDad66

TPC Sawgrass

I’m in a contest to win a free trip to TPC Sawgrass. Its all based on total votes. Surprisingly, I have passed the first two stages. Now is votes for the top 10 (I'm sitting in 5th). If you can take a minute and vote for me, it would be much appreciated. You can vote daily. (I think you will...
  11. GolferDad66

What "Golf Stuff" did you do today, that didn't involve playing golf?

Today I cleaned my clubs (overdue) and put my golf towels through the wash.
  12. GolferDad66

Some help for a free driver

Hey guys (and gals). If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Never wanting to miss an opportunity for free golf stuff, I have a chance to acquire a free Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Driver should I get a certain # of new subscribers to SwingU's "free" email newsletter. SwingU is a...
  13. GolferDad66

Indoor Putting Green Giveaway

came across this in my emails. My wife would kill me if I popped that green in my living room. https://golflife.com/giveaways/
  14. GolferDad66

Checking your own Lofts/Lies

Had another post, but it seemed to have disappeared. Who on this board checks their own lofts/lies? And is there anyone that uses a cost effective device. I'm not interested in spending money on the big equipment. Just a way for me to check, and if its off by a lot; know it and take it to a...
  15. GolferDad66

Simple Loft-Lie Measurement Tool

With all talk about checking Loft/Lie on clubs, I was searching around and came across the following. While I am not ready to fix my own clubs, and buy the necessary equipment, I came across this simply tool - $15 - that seems to handle measurements. If I check the clubs, then I can go to...
  16. GolferDad66

Is a Hook better than a Slice?

Was wondering about this. If you hook is that a sign that you are closer to hitting 'em straight, or are you just as bad as when hitting a slice. Used to hit slices with my irons, now they go more straight but I do pull them or hook them per se. Someone once said first you slice, then you...
  17. GolferDad66

Shaft Learning

A bit overwhelmed with all the different shaft selections out there, and the various tech in them, and honestly don’t have the first clue what kind of shaft would be the best for me. Yes I can go to a fitter, and I do plan to for my next driver. But I want to have a better understanding about...
  18. GolferDad66

GolferDad66 2,000th Post of the Quarter

I didn't want my 2,000th post of the Q to be an Emoji. So while not the most frequent of posters, I hope my small contribution helped to reach the 7,000,000 goal that has everyone so excited. Just wanted to take an opportunity to wish everyone a healthy and happy New Year and I look forward to...
  19. GolferDad66

THP Members in Lower NY

Just Curious if there are any THP members in lower NY - the City, or Westchester, L.I., Rockland or Orange counties.
Back