Search results for query: *

1. X

Nervous to get fit for a new driver because I don't know how to swing my driver

Hey everyone! So for 2024, I'm looking to see if a new driver is right for me. I currently hit a 10.5* RADSPEED XB with a Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 shaft, which works well for me when I make good contact, but I did not get fitted for that setup. I fully embrace getting fitted for a driver and I...
  2. X

Just got a Nitron for Xmas - any accessory recommendations?

Got a Bag Boy Nitron push cart for Xmas and I’m super stoked, especially as my CaddyLite lost a screw and needed a tee inserted in the bottom wheel section to keep it going. Seems people’s opinions of this push cart is very high which is great to see😀. Any recommendations on possible...
  3. X

Bingo Bango Bongo - anyone else play?

So back when my buddy got me into golf again about four years ago, the difference in skill made it impossible to play against each other - he shoots in the 80’s regularly and I was lucky to break 120. He then taught me a game called Bingo Bango Bongo that would help lower the skill gap and we’ve...
  4. X

Putter you just can’t quit?

So I’ve been through a lot of putters in my relatively short golfing career, and I’m currently very happy with my black Cobra Supernova-30, but for some reason I can’t stop wanting to play my TM Hydroblast Spider X. I can’t really explain it - maybe it’s the shape? Maybe because it was all the...
  5. X

New 2023 Maxfli Tour/Tour X balls?

Just got home from a shopping trip at Dick’s and the golf guy told me they just got the new 2023 Maxfli balls in as I was leaving. Didn’t get a chance to look but I’ll keep my eye out next time I’m there - anyone happen to know more about these?
  6. X

Going to my first putter fitting.

Got a gift card to Club Champion for Xmas and I’m going to schedule a putter fitting as soon as I can. This is something I’ve always wanted to do but just never got around to it, but I have to admit I’m a little nervous. On the one hand, while I’m a high handicapper, putting is easily the...
  7. X

Scotty's - which one do you have and why?

Saw my first ever SC (looked like a Rossie-style) out in the wild during last week's round, and it made me curious - which Scotty do THPers have and why did you choose that model? I've always wanted one but only because lots of Tour players seem to use them lol. I'm pretty happy with my Cobra...
  8. X

Lessons really paid off today

So I've been taking golf lessons semi-regularly (as budget and life allows) over the past year and a half, and although I've certainly seen a lot of progress in my game since I picked up golf again after a 15 year break, I've consistently struggled with my iron/2nd shots. No matter what I did or...
  9. X

Any tips on how to clean/wash golf shoes?

So a few days ago I was looking for a mishit ball and accidentally submerged my shoes into a puddle of some of the most foul smelling stuff this Earth has ever seen. Any thoughts on how to clean/wash them so the smell maybe goes away? I was wearing Adidas CodeChaos spikeless shoes if that helps...
  10. X

Thank goodness I'm taking lessons again

Title pretty much says it all. I started taking lessons regularly to start the season, saw some real progress, then life got in the way and my game was OK...for awhile. Now, however, my 2nd shot woes have come right back. Hit the ball 90 degrees to the left? Check. Hit behind the ball all the...
  11. X

Proper golf etiquette - a question

So yesterday something happened that I’d love to get feedback from others on. My buddy and I were waiting to tee off on the 14th hole, a drivable 260 yard par 4, while the foursome ahead was on the green. The group ahead was moving really slow and they had their stand bags about 10 yards in the...
  12. X

Crisis of confidence - golfing with others

Fair warning, this is going to be shameless plea for support from the excellent THP community. I have a tee time booked for this afternoon, and although I'm excited, I'm also very nervous, because this will be the first time in a very long time that I will be on the course golfing with others...
  13. X

Anyone use Cleveland's Smart Sole wedges?

I was on Cleveland's website just looking around and I saw the Smart Sole 4 wedges - hadn't heard of them before. My short game (outside of putting) is easily my biggest weakness, and I'm definitely the target audience for these, but I do have CBX2 wedges and I'm slowly getting better with them...
  14. X

Maybe New Cleveland HB Launcher Irons Incoming?

Just went on Cleveland's website to compare specs of my current HB Turbo Launcher irons to the G425 Hybrids, and apparently these are no longer available from Cleveland's website and they recommend getting from authorized dealers "while supplies last." I guess its possible they are simply out of...
  15. X

How hard to transfer Cobra driver shaft to Calloway driver head?

Was out golfing with a buddy who really liked my Ventus Blue 6R shaft setup with my RADSPEED XB, but he swears by his B-21 Big Bertha, and the question of changing shafts between the two came up, and since I had no idea I figured I'd ask here. Can a shaft fit for a 2021 Cobra driver head also...
  16. X

Maxfli 2021 Tour Balls

I currently game the Maxfli 2019 Tour balls (matte green), but I recently noticed that my local GG is carrying the 2021 version (gloss white only, unfortunately), so I picked up a box for around $35 and gave them a try yesterday. Overall I couldn't tell much of a difference (which is a good...
  17. X

Does anyone use a 7 Hybrid?

Just curious if anyone uses one. I'm really enjoying my Ping G425 3h, and over my morning coffee I was just wondering what hitting the 7h would be like, even though I currently game Cleveland HB Turbos, which are SGI iron/hybrids, and thus I have absolutely zero reason to acquire a 7h (or really...
  18. X

Looking for thoughts on Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Odyssey White Hot OG #7

Hey everyone, So I've been tinkering with my putting stroke (trying to develop an actual stroke as opposed to cocking my wrists), and I've been finding that lately I'm putting better with my 2019 Tommy Armour Impact #3 then with my Odyssey BoP - for whatever reason I'm hitting more putts in the...
  19. X

Total Noob Putter Grip Question

I have literally zero experience with changing putter grips, so please excuse me if what I'm about to ask is ridiculous, but does anyone know if it might be possible to switch one Odyssey Stroke Lab putter grip with another Odyssey Stroke Lab putter grip? I'm specifically thinking of getting the...
  20. X

Bouncing back from a tough round

Just looking to commiserate a bit with my fellow THPers. I've been playing golf seriously for a little over a year now, and have taken lessons with a great instructor for me, which have helped me steadily get better. When I first started golfing, breaking 100 seemed impossible, and recently I...
Back