Search results for query: *

1. Duffer Seamus

The Official Banter Away Thread

Umbilical hernia surgery is absolutely not a fun ride :( That is all.
  2. Duffer Seamus

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Lower day, yesterday: Squats, Weighted back hypers, Trap bar deadlifts, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets. May have been my last workout for six weeks, depending upon how today goes. That's gonna blow.
  3. Duffer Seamus

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I turned 73 this year. I identify as a senior mainly because it gets me discounts :), otherwise I don't really think about my age much. I'm in the gym 3-4 times/week. Do cardio. Yard work in the summertime, shoveling snow in the wintertime. Other than my eyesight and hearing not being what...
  4. Duffer Seamus

Yesterday was an upper day: Benches, Incline benches, Lat pull-downs, Standing bicep curl/Cable reverse fly supersets, Wrist rollers.
  5. Duffer Seamus

They're difficult, an' no mistake. But what fun would they be if they weren't challenging? :) For a while there I actually preferred front squats over squats. Then I started correcting my squat form so I like 'em pretty much equally, now.
  6. Duffer Seamus

An easy way to get used to the motion is goblet squats with a DB or kettle bell. I've been struggling with squat form. Then I added goblet squats with my adjustable kettle bell to my golf swing training warmup routine. I started out with the KB at only 20 lbs. or so, and slowly, over a couple...
  7. Duffer Seamus

Are you wondering what is the reason for doing them? The difference between (back) squats and front squats? There are plenty of articles explaining these. Just search on "front squat vs. back squat." In short: They more target the quads and core than (back) squats. Even I never had that...
  8. Duffer Seamus

You can do a lot with nothing more than a weight bench and a decent set of adjustable dumbbells. (Where "decent" does not include BowFlex.)
  9. Duffer Seamus

Don't just grab one and go. Do research on proper form and technique. While the hex (or trap) bar is easier than BB DLs, it's not free, and doing TBDLs come with their own challenges because you don't have the bar travelling up and down the fronts of your legs for bar stability. There are a...
  10. Duffer Seamus

My guess is probably this one: Starting Strength - Tampa I stopped doing BB DLs because they were a hassle and I spent as much time, or more, working to maintain good form as actually lifting. So now it's trap bar DLs, RDLs, and Pendlay rows for me.
  11. Duffer Seamus

Lower day: Front squats, Romanian deadlifts, Leg extension/curl supersets, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets. Everything from the waist down feels pretty tired :)
  12. Duffer Seamus

Upper day: DB overhead presses, Cable chest flies, Lat pull-downs, Pendlay rows, Cable lateral raise/Tricep push-down supersets.
  13. Duffer Seamus

Lower day: Squats, Weighted back Hypers, Trap bar DLs, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.
  14. Duffer Seamus

Upper Day: Benches, Incline benches, Lat pull-downs, Tripod rows, Incline curl/Reverse fly supersets, Wrist rollers. I am making gains, but they're really, really slow gains. Fat loss isn't happening real fast, either. Then again: Easter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. Duffer Seamus

Missed an update: Day-before-yesterday was a lower day: Front squats, Romanian deadlifts, Leg extension/curl supersets, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.
  16. Duffer Seamus

Upper Day: Seated DB overhead presses, Cable chest flies, Lat pull-downs, Pendlay rows, Face pull/Skullcrusher supersets, Wrist rotations.
  17. Duffer Seamus

Lower day, yesterday: Squats, Weighted back hypers, Trap bar DLs, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets. I've strongly suspected my squat form wasn't good. Somebody posted a thread about squat form and five things many people get wrong. I started addressing these...
  18. Duffer Seamus

Let's talk about swing speed.

Either the PRGR or The Stack System's new device.
  19. Duffer Seamus

What is your current “must try”club?

Cobra Darkspeed irons. A TM mini-driver.
  20. Duffer Seamus

Let's talk about swing speed.

That's good to see. I'm happy for you :) I expect to eventually do swing speed training--after I have my new swing and really have it grooved. In the meantime I'm hoping (somewhat expecting, really) my time in the gym will help.
Back