Search results for query: *

1. thewilderside

Course Recommendations for Miami area

Hey all, my brother is headed to the Miami area next week (Sunny Isles) and is looking for some course recommendations. He's thinking more hidden gem than bucket list. What ya got? @BigDill tagging you as most famous Miami THPer 😂
  2. thewilderside

Caddying Tips

I have an incredible opportunity coming up late in June where I'm going to be caddying for my buddy in the Pro-Am for the Travelers Championship. I'm looking for any and all advice on how not to look like a fool as I've never caddied before, let alone when in a group with PGA Tour player :LOL:
  3. thewilderside

Switching Styles?

For roughly 15 years I've played something akin to a 7-series style putter (fanged mallet). First the Odyssey 2-ball F7 for probably 12 years, then a Ben Hogan that was very similar. I went that route as I felt it would help with my alignment issues I always felt I had, but with Triple Track...
  4. thewilderside

Purchasing Used Irons

I'm probably a year or two away from being in this position but always dreaming. In the past I've always looked to purchase used irons and get them bent and extended to my specs. Does anyone know / anyone seen anywhere roughly what you're giving up in performance going used versus new?
  5. thewilderside

Suspect my shaft is too stiff

Long backstory so sorry about that. Last year I was unbelievably fortunate to be selected for the Project X with Mizuno experience. I was fit into a RDX Smoke Blue in TX. I hit it pretty darn well on the course and was pumped for this season. Fast forward to a season that has been all over...
  6. thewilderside

Anyone know how to watch last two episodes of Joe Pickett?

So I got sucked into Joe Pickett and love it. Problem is it says season 1 is available on Paramount Plus, but they don't have the final two episodes of the season available. Last episode (#8) left on a doozy of a cliffhanger and I can't find anywhere that episodes 9 and 10 are available...
  7. thewilderside

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who struggles off grass at the range? Went to the range yesterday with my 5-9 irons to try to find my swing again. Warm up on mats and things are going great. Crisp contact, smooth swing, very satisfied. Move over to grass section and suddenly my good shot % goes from like...
  8. thewilderside

Lowering ball flight?

Anyone have any tips for a less than stellar iron player for lowering ball flight? We're headed to Cape Cod for a three day golf trip and unfortunately it looks like we're gonna be facing steady 20 mph winds with 35 mph gusts the whole time 😢. I frankly often have trouble just making solid...
  9. thewilderside

Wedges or Putter?

I've got a $360 budget (thanks to a trade-in) to use at Callaway. I originally was all over getting a new putter, but due to some unforeseen circumstances traveling and paying for a fitting is not an option so I'd be rolling some putts with options at LGS and choosing based on that. My other...
  10. thewilderside

Golftec or Club Champion

Hi all, no secret that I'm planning on doing a putter fitting. I have to travel a couple hours and there's a Golftec and a Club Champion pretty much in the same town. Both fitting cost the same, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both and leans one way or the other?
  11. thewilderside

Callaway Trade-in Questions

I will soon have a Max LS that I can trade in. Current value they're offering is $300. A couple questions that I figure someone here will quickly be able to answer. One, how often do they update (drop) trade-in values? Will the Epic line lose it's current high value once the Rogue line is...
  12. thewilderside

Pulling graphite shafts

Curious how often one can pull graphite shafts and install new heads in them? At some point I'll want to move on from the PTX Pros, but I love the shafts I have in them. Is this something that should only be done a few times, no times, or as long as it's done correctly it can be done until the...
  13. thewilderside

WTB Spare Callaway tipped shaft

I'm wondering if anyone has a Callaway tipped shaft that would fit a Max LS kicking around they'd like to move for cheap. I'm only looking to buy so I can plug in and trade my Max LS since CPO won't take head only. Anyone got anything kicking around they're willing to part ways with for...
  14. thewilderside

Charleston SC Area

I'll be in the Charleston area in mid-May and wife has granted me at least one round (hopefully one day for two rounds) and I'm curious of several things. First, it's easy driving distance to Kiawah Island and I'd love to play the Ocean Course but at $400+ that's not realistic. Does anyone...
  15. thewilderside

Book Airfare now or wait?

Calling all travelers. Just a general question as to whether it's better to book air travel well in advance to get the best price or do the prices tend to drop lower? Planning a trip in June and unsure if it's smart to grab the tickets now or wait a little? Fares are pretty decent ($260 round...
  16. thewilderside

Pros and Cons - North Carolina (Charlotte) edition

So my wife and I (mostly me) have been kicking around moving to North Carolina. It's finally reached a point where we're discussing at minimum doing an Airbnb in the greater Charlotte (Mooresville specifically) area for a week to see if we want to further explore the idea after that. Neither...
  17. thewilderside

Justice for Reacher!

I may be alone on this island but I'm a massive fan of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. I was bitterly disappointed to see Tom Cruise cast as Reacher in the two movies. I'm sorry (spoiler alert) but Reacher in the books is over 6'4 and huge, so seeing Cruise towered over by his co-star in...
  18. thewilderside

For Sale Callaway Epic Max LS Head

Selling this Epic Max LS 10.5* head only. Good shape, I've used for a month and a half. Asking $250 OBO shipped.
  19. thewilderside

Give me your Project X - Mizuno Gear Questions

OK THP, as you know Wednesday night's itinerary of the Project X Experience with Mizuno states "This is a chance to spend the evening with Chris Voshall from Mizuno and Keenan Phillips from Project X talking about golf equipment, asking any questions" My technical knowledge is very limited...
  20. thewilderside

For Sale Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver

Selling my Big Bertha B21 10.5* with the stock RCH55 stiff shaft and head cover. Used one year, in good shape with plenty of life left I'm just looking to go a different direction with my driver. Asking $old plus shipping. Interested in trades for Epic Max LS (head only) or G425 LST (x-stiff...
Back