Search results for query: *

1. T

Callaway UW vs Cleveland HyWood

Is anyone playing the 17° Callaway UW?
  2. T

Maybe let me ask differently. Would the 17° UW be an (easier, if shorter) option to replace a 3-wood (for a long-rolling second ball on a par 5, or off the tee)? 10.5° Driver - 17° UW - 17.5° 5W (turned down)? Intuitively, I would think the 17° UW with a shorter shaft should be shorter than my...
  3. T

Oh, I have read some reviews comparing the flight of the 17° to a driving iron? Edit: And/Or compare it to a 3-wood in terms of distance, launch and spin?
  4. T

Has anyone tried both and could provide some input? It seems that the HyWood is more of a high-launching / high-spinning option, that - despite 18° - may be comparable to a 7 wood in distance, while the 17° UW seems to be a low-launching, low-spin option, that could go more towards a 3 or 4...
  5. T

G425 Wood / Hybrid distances

Did someone compare the G425 woods and hybrids distances? I've had a few sessions now and the tables on the Ping website don't seem to work out. Based on the website, the 3-Hybrid should be comparable to the 7-Wood, but I actually seem to hit it longer than the 5-wood. 5-wood would be...
  6. T

SuperStroke putter tube

*revive* Is there anything like this still available today?
  7. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

Easier living in Singapore :)
  8. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

I bought 50• and 56• in Japan, and just ordered a 60• from the US...
  9. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

Which one are you referring to? The HM has too much offset..
  10. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

No GW for HM Pro :(
  11. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

What do you use for a gap wedge with these, since they only start at 54?
  12. T

Switch from iron to hybrid - rationale?

Well, I am talking about the "less commonly used" hybrids. My current bag below - the clubs I am unsure about are 6-iron vs. a 6-hybrid, and 3-hybrid vs. a 7-wood.
  13. T

The biggest difference I see in numbers is really height and landing angle.. I like the higher angle of the hybrid (for dry greens), but dislike the height for windy days. I wish I could bag both...
  14. T

The Ping G425 hybrids are causing somewhat of a problem for me - I can't choose what to play. I hit my Mizuno irons down to 6 around the same carry distance as the equivalent G425 hybrids, and I enjoy hitting both... Distance gapping is fine, so I am looking at secondary numbers. What would be...
  15. T

Ping G425 Hybrids

Played Sim Max and didnt think twice about switching when I tried the Ping G 425. Sooo much straighter for me, its not even funny. (Playing the JDM with lighter shafts...)
  16. T

SGI vs. Utility Irons

With the lofts of newer SGI irons being much stronger (as low as 20° for a 5-iron), I am wondering whether these are indeed easier to play than utility irons with the same lofts. E.g. would a Titleist T400 #5 be easier or harder to play / more forgiving than U510 #3 with the same loft? Or a...
  17. T

Your Favorite of 2020 – Irons

Well, I just started, but of all the irons I tried during fittings and lessons, I prefer the set I ordered online because I could not find it anywhere to try: Mizuno JPX 200X ;)
  18. T

Ultra-Light, higher-launching shafts? (Driver, Fairway, Hybrids)

I'm looking at ultra-light options for moderate swing speed, not only for driver, but also fairway and hybrids. Grand Bassara Beta comes to mind for the driver, but there must be some other options as well? Does anyone know more about the Mizuno Platinum MFusion shafts? They seem to be very...
  19. T

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Thank you both! Now I just have to find information about the Tensei Blue TM60...
  20. T

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Is there a website with shaft details to compare the Miyazaki C. Kua 60 shafts with other options? I have a "spare" set of Tensei Blue TM60 iron shafts and am wondering how they compare, but it seems difficult to find information about these "OEM branded" shafts...
Back