Search results for query: *

1. maomaobear

Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

I have also found the X to be lower launching, so I’ve been playing it set at one click “higher” and with a Ventus Red
  2. maomaobear

7 wood or 3 hybrid and why

Recently switched to a 7 wood from a 3 hybrid (still carry a 4 hybrid) and couldn’t be happier. The bigger head shape of the 7 wood fills me with confidence, and as others have said, it is really, really easy to launch.
  3. maomaobear

As I’ve been working on my swing with my instructor more, my driver miss is now a low hook (previously a high slice). I wonder how much of it is from the ST-X, but now I can’t seem to hit the ball right! Feels weird being on the left side of the course.
  4. maomaobear

What hosel setting is everyone using for their ST-X? Just left mine in standard/stock for now, since I haven’t gotten the chance to tinker with it yet, but curious to see what others are playing theirs in
  5. maomaobear

Fourteen RM4 Wedges

Looks beautiful! The market is definitely lacking some forged wedge options
  6. maomaobear

The Masters 2021 Contest and Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

Winner: Collin Morikawa Ball: Tour B RXS
  7. maomaobear

Thanks for the note! Where can we purchase the heavier weight (didn’t see it on Mizuno’s site)? I take it you also need a special wrench to remove and install the weights?
  8. maomaobear

Received mine late last week and have only gotten one range session in with it so far. I will second those who said that this is one of the best sounding/feeling drivers out there. Will put it in play this Saturday... and if that goes well, it will be very hard not to order a ST-Z fairway.
  9. maomaobear

Has anyone here received their (custom) driver yet? I placed an order on 2/4 for a ST-X with a custom shaft, and have not heard any updates regarding my clubs
  10. maomaobear

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

The hosel is unforgiving for me too... but at least it’s soft and Endo-forged 🤣
  11. maomaobear

Not sure if you guys are sick of photos yet, but I just took these to the range for the first time and they look so good and are buttery soft. I could see these staying in the bag for a long, long time.
  12. maomaobear

Ordered on 1/18 with Recoil 95 F4. Just glad I got my order in before these sold out!
  13. maomaobear

My set finally came today... without the pitching wedge. Got in touch with Discount Dan’s and they said that it’s backordered (not sure if it’s the head or the shaft), and will check with Srixon to see when I should expect it by. I’m just excited to have 5 irons in hand after being without a set...
  14. maomaobear

Yup my split is: ZX5 5i and 6i, ZX7 7-P. I did also hear the reports of them being backordered, but maybe I got my order in before they ran out?
  15. maomaobear

For those of you still waiting for your orders, do not lose hope. I just got shipping confirmation for my combo set with Recoil 95 F4. Ordered on 1/18 via Discount Dan’s, and should be here next Tuesday.
  16. maomaobear

As a 4-iron replacement for a ZX5/7 combo set, would you guys go for a ZX Utility (23 deg) or a ZX4 4-iron? Which would be easier to hit both off the deck and off the tee?
  17. maomaobear

UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Sounds good! Think we probably saw each other post in the ZX5/7 thread, but those are the exact same irons I have coming. Would love to hear what you think, as I’ll keep the PX LZ in my wedges for the time being.
  18. maomaobear

Thanks to all for the feedback! Looks like there are two approaches here: same weight in the wedge and iron shafts, and the other is going heavier in wedges. Just wasn’t sure if jumping from 95 in irons to 11x in wedges would be too big of a difference
  19. maomaobear

For those playing Recoil 95 in their irons, what shaft are you using in your wedges? I have a set of new irons coming with 95 F4, and was wondering what I should put into my Vokey SM8s
  20. maomaobear

Has anyone here considered getting a ZX Utility (23 deg) as a 4 iron replacement? Was wondering how they would compare to the ZX5 4 iron, both in Recoil 95. I’m someone who typically needs help with some launch and forgiveness in the long irons.
Back