Search results for query: *

1. cnl390

Waterproof Summer Jacket?

Looking for a moderately priced waterproof jacket for golf in South Texas. Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. cnl390

Has anyone tried, or play Ping G730's?

My G710's turned 4 years old last month. Although I play well with them, I have the new club itch. Any feedback from you all will be appreciated.
  3. cnl390

Hole you just can't play well.

Do you have a relatively easy (or should be) hole that for whatever reason you just can't play well? Mine is #4 at Northern Hills here in San Antonio. 150ish par 3 slightly uphill, wide open, no bunkers or trouble in front. I can't remember ever hitting this green in regulation. I go way right...
  4. cnl390

Thinking about replacing my hybrids with a fairway wood.

I'm a 70 yr old with an average driver distance of 220-240, hit my 5i 170ish and play the courses around 6000 yds. I have a 2h & 4h that I only use for the second shot on par 5's and off the tee when the dogleg is less than 220 or there is a creek or something around that distance. My ball...
  5. cnl390

Hitting off hard pan!

On some (most) of the courses I play in and around San Antonio, even if you hit a good shot you are likely to end up with a hard pan lie. What's the correct way to play this shot?
  6. cnl390

9 Wood?

I currently have a Ping G425 4h which I hit pretty well. But I would like to flight the ball higher and am thinking about a 9 wood. Is it as easy to hit as the 4h?
  7. cnl390

What's your go to club around the green?

What's your go to club for chipping around the green? I almost exclusively use my PW.
  8. cnl390

For Sale Mitsibishi Tensei Orange AV 55 R Ping Driver Shaft +1/4"

Pulled from my G425 SFT $90 shipped free to Albatross members.
  9. cnl390

Sigpro Softy vs Preferred

I need a new hitting strip. I realize the Softy is the favorite. But the Preferred is more in my price range. Is there a big difference between the two?
  10. cnl390

Budget Golf discount code

Is there still code for Budget Golf
  11. cnl390

Aftermarket shafts

I am thinking about going to my fitter to see if I can find an aftermarket shaft (currently playing a G430 SFT w/Tensei Orange 55R) that will help tighten up my dispersion. Is there anything good in the $200 price range?
  12. cnl390

Suggestions on a launch monitor for indoors.

I have a Rukknet (https://www.rukket.com/products/rukknet-the-original-pop-up-golf-net-w-ball-return-feature-10x7x5-practice-your-swing-anywhere) golf net and a Country Club Elite mat set up in my garage and would like to add a launch monitor. Looking for one that has both launch numbers and...
  13. cnl390

Need recommendations for a golf jacket.

Looking for a new jacket for golf and casual wear. I don't play in the rain or in temps under 50 degrees. But the jacket does need to cut the wind. Suggestions please. Thanks
  14. cnl390

My bunker play sucks!

When I end up in a bunker it always takes me a minimum of two shots to get out. To make matters worse the range I go to does not have a bunker practice area. Dumb question, but is there any way to to practice without a bunker?
  15. cnl390

For Sale Ping Tour 85 R 2H Shaft

Ping Tour 85 R shaft pulled from G425 2 Hybrid. $50 shipped free to Albatross members. $8.50 shipping for non members.
  16. cnl390

For Sale Ping ChipR

Ping ChipR in great condition. THis club really helped me around the green. But need to make a space in the bag (and raise $$$) for a G430 6H. $130 shipped free to Albatross members.
  17. cnl390

Hole in one?

Something has been haunting me for awhile. My friends and I are casual, have fun golfers. Handicaps 19-25. Play by The rules, except we do one mulligan per 9. Par 3 I hit a crappy shot. Take my mulligan... Hole in One. I'm counting it. How about you all?
  18. cnl390

For Sale Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5

Love this putter, but wife gave me Club Champion putter fitting + putter for my birthday. So this has to go. Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5, 35" with brand new never used Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0. Never in the bag without the headcover. $250 free shipping to Albatross members.
  19. cnl390

Swing Caddie SC4

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Swing Caddie SC4?
  20. cnl390

Club Champion Putter Fitting Today

My wife gave me a CC gift card this morning for my birthday. Didn't waste any time and booked a fitting for 2:30 this afternoon. Interested in seeing if my current putter (Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5) is the optimal one for me.
Back