Search results for query: *

1. JZ777

I hate golf

6 birdies, 6 pars and 6 bogeys for an even par 72. It was 90* with 75% humidity and the boys are chaffed. Game is so frustrating. Could of stayed home and watched my dog chase her tail.. On a side note, if have never hit the G430 hybrids, give it a shot. Such a solid club from fairway or...
  2. JZ777

The worst Monty ????

General Montgomery - for his debacle in Operation Market Garden or Collin Montgomery - never won a PGA tour event or a major
  3. JZ777

Handicap Question

After shooting a 69 (-3) today and entering my score into the computer, a -0.3 popped up as my handicap. Should I assume I have finally made it to the promised land of a plus handicap?
  4. JZ777

Why……

do I torture myself and go to the range when it’s 43 degrees out and blowing 15mph right to left in my face. Maybe I like to self loath about how much I suck.
  5. JZ777

Little experiment

Played last week here in the Northeast. Weather was in the 50’s, so it wasn‘t too bad. Played the round with my Garmin S62, as I always do. I kept track of all the usual stuff, club used, fairways hit, how many putts, score on each hole. The watch also tells me wind direction, speed, what...
  6. JZ777

Is it me?

Is it me or is wearing a bucket hat seem like the most un-athletic look for a golfer?
  7. JZ777

When do you …….

When do you think about or buy new gear? After reading a review, THP talk, watching golf on TV, a you tube video, a demo day, watching a playing partner hit a certain piece of gear, etc. I have just realized that my own style is usually reading or watching a review, ponder it for a day or 2...
  8. JZ777

Weird Club Rattle

Bought 2 new Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges with 115g Nippon Modus shaft exactly 3 weeks ago. Same exact ones i played last year. Yesterday while at the local golf sim, I hear some rattling in the 56* degree shaft. When got in the car, call the place I bought them, they send me a UPS return...
  9. JZ777

Time to fess up

How many putters do you currently have? 2 myself - Scotty 2.5 / Odyssey OG 7s
  10. JZ777

Cool pix in your library

Was doing some cleaning up of iPad and came across a couple of cool pix i had. First one is of the north pole. We usually are a little below the pole on our flights to Asia. But on this particular trip, we literally were just about on top of it, about 2 miles south according to the GPS. Taken...
  11. JZ777

Looking for input from the gear heads on numbers

The fitter I use religiously is down south for the winter like a bird. Current driver set up is Ping G425 LST with a Ventus Blue Stiff shaft playing at 45”. At times, I can feel the head/shaft twisting on me a little. I went out and bought the Ventus Blue XS to see if might eliminate the...
  12. JZ777

Your ONE commitment for 2022.

Use 3-wood on any hole 365 yards or less.
  13. JZ777

Who would’ve thunk it

Who would of thought shooting a 78 today on Bethpage Black was more satisfying than the 69 I shot at my local muni on Monday, but it was. Go figure. Local Muni - Par 72 - 6300 yards at 70.3/121 Black - Par 71 - 6750 at 73.8/135
  14. JZ777

Slacks or shorts?

On the men’s tours, are you in the shorts or slacks corner? I think it’s about time to let the guys wear shorts when conditions warrant. I wouldn‘t want to be wearing shorts when temps get above the mid-80s.
  15. JZ777

Does Hideki pull it out?

I think he does
  16. JZ777

Good/Worst rounds ever

Yesterdays round was one of the best (birdies made) and worst (pars made) ever played. Shot a 78: - 6 birdies - 5 pars And the rest total crap, to include: - 1 OB penalty stroke - 2 3 putts wtf
  17. JZ777

Too Much Range: I Am an idiot

Cause I didn’t walk away after the first 10 minutes, but stuck around to hit 2 large buckets in to a left to right 25 mph head/x-wind.
  18. JZ777

Theragun

Just got home from playing my 4th round in the last 4 days and much to my surprise my new Theragun Prime was waiting for me on the fronts steps. I threw it on the kitchen table and did my late afternoon routine. Walked the dog, cleaned the clubs and did an hour workout with some practice...
  19. JZ777

Cruel irony

A few weeks ago I started a thread on here complaining how I have been playing for 40+ years and have never had a hole in one. I complained how I witnessed a HIO by some hack hitting a 3 wood a foot off the ground worm burner 187 yards. Well, cruel irony struck today. Yes, I finally made a...
Back