Search results for query: *

1. campbellj21

Road holes, do they bother you?

At the course I frequent the most #8 is parallel with the interstate, It's not really close enough to worry about taking out a windshield, but the truckers LOVE to blast their horn when someone is in their backswing. I just expect it at this point.
  2. campbellj21

Kyle Berkshire's (long drove champ) Stock Yardages

Was just going to post this, his YouTube channel is a good watch for sure.
  3. campbellj21

Difficult Finishes

The course I play the most has what I consider to be a very difficult finish to it, the last 4 holes go: #15-2HCP a longish par 4 dogleg to the right (usually around 400 yds from the middle tees), force carry over water off the tee and tree lined. #16-1HCP a medium length par 5 (usually...
  4. campbellj21

How do you handle the mental aspect of the game?

You're definitely not alone in that. However, one thing that I'm learning now that has helped a little, is realizing you have much more control over how you react to a blow up hole than actually avoiding it. When a blow up hole starts to happen and things unravel, find something ANYTHING...
  5. campbellj21

How do you handle the mental aspect of the game?

I usually try and not know my score, I track it on an app and just enter the score and hit next without looking at the total. However, it still creeps in my mind when I'm having a particularly good stretch. Recently I was tracking for a high 70s/low 80s round, I was 2 over through 11 with 1...
  6. campbellj21

Why Did The Golfer Cross The Road?

Would it be an understatement to say that was a good recovery? I feel like that is an understatement...
  7. campbellj21

Playing Through: Where is your mind?

I definitely do not like playing through, if I have the time and the course really isn't that busy, I will do my best not to creep up on the group in front of me to avoid being asked to play through. My nerves while in front of strangers is something that I need to work on in my golf game and...
  8. campbellj21

The golf swing is stupid...

I definitely relate to this post. I'll get on streaks where I feel like I'll never hit another bad shot. Then I'll completely lose it, feeling like I'm struggling to even make contact, tops start creeping in, big blocks out to the right, just completely lost. I feel like I'm constantly having...
  9. campbellj21

Music on the course, yeah or nay?

I don't personally enjoy listening to music while playing, doesn't bother me if others do as long as they keep the volume at a level it doesn't distract others. If you're going to listen to music on the course, have some awareness of how close you are to tee boxes and whether or not someone is...
  10. campbellj21

Why...just why?!?!

I guess I shouldn't rule that out, maybe they parked at the top of the hill and forgot to lock the brake in and it rolled down there. I bet that would be a tough walk, especially if you didn't know management that well, knowing they probably wouldn't believe you lol.
  11. campbellj21

Why...just why?!?!

So my girlfriend and I were out on the local public course the other day and we came across this beauty in the penalty area in front of the sixth hole. I'm sure alcohol was involved to a certain degree lol, but just WHY!?!?!
  12. campbellj21

Pardon Me: Have you seen my ball? An interesting interaction

Ugh, some people! Similar story from this year: Hit my tee shot a little right into the rough on a short part 4, ball was sitting up and I could see the ball off the tee box. The 10th hole parallels the 9th (I'm on 9), it was path only on 9 that day because it is at a low point on the course...
  13. campbellj21

Shortest tee club

8i 280ish par 4, water starts around 200 and it's an island green. I usually go 7i then GW, took 8i a few times with a very generous helping wind.
  14. campbellj21

Golf course design

I agree with a lot that has been posted already. I will add in when the course is really just a subdivision with fairways as back yards. I don't mind houses around a course necessarily, but when the course has to put OB stakes 10 yards off the fairway, kind of saps the enjoyment out of it for...
  15. campbellj21

Determining Possible Issues Through Strike Pattern?

Yesterday while practicing in the garage in the net, I just happened to look at the wear pattern on my irons and noticed that the wear areas away from center were high toe and low heel. So basically most of my fat shots come off the toe and most of my thin shots come off the heel. Is there any...
  16. campbellj21

What is the worst lie in golf?

Aside from lies that require me to significantly change how I address the ball, I would say I hate a hard pan dirt lie around the green when I have to take some loft to get over something, I just always feel like I'm going to skull that shot...and I usually do ;)
  17. campbellj21

Realistic Expectations Versus Positive Thinking

I try my best to let "the score will be what it will be" be my expectation, but the PB thought always tries to weasel it's way into my mind right before I tee off :D
  18. campbellj21

Why bother playing in any HC tournaments or leagues if sandbagging ruins it too much for you?

This year I played in my first amateur event ever. I signed up for the Golfweek Amateur Tour and played in two events towards the end of the season. For those of you not familiar, it is flighted by handicap and then each flight plays gross score stroke play and after a few events played you're...
  19. campbellj21

Who has won his LAST major?

Agreed, I hope he does turn it around.
Back