Why...just why?!?!

campbellj21

Reaction score
Handicap
So my girlfriend and I were out on the local public course the other day and we came across this beauty in the penalty area in front of the sixth hole.

I'm sure alcohol was involved to a certain degree lol, but just WHY!?!?!20201019_154128.jpg

in a word.....Stupidity

that's a visual deterrent

Dang, I mean its pretty obvious you can't or shouldn't go there.

One time, I got out of my cart, thinking the parking break had engaged. It hadn’t. I was on the green to putt when I caught sight of the cart rolling down the hill. It kept rolling until it lodged itself into scrub oak. I could not extricate it. I pulled my bag off of the cart and began my slow walk back to the clubhouse.

These things happen. 😂

One time, I got out of my cart, thinking the parking break had engaged. It hadn’t. I was on the green to putt when I caught sight of the cart rolling down the hill. It kept rolling until it lodged itself into scrub oak. I could not extricate it. I pulled my bag off of the cart and began my slow walk back to the clubhouse.

These things happen. 😂

I guess I shouldn't rule that out, maybe they parked at the top of the hill and forgot to lock the brake in and it rolled down there. I bet that would be a tough walk, especially if you didn't know management that well, knowing they probably wouldn't believe you lol.

No idea, but I'd DEFINITELY use that thing to get some "Line of sight" relief from the bunker I'm in.

Last week I was in a cart, and pulled my drive just over a fairway bunker. To the left and beyond the bunker are salt marshes, not cart friendly. Between the bunker and the marsh is a ‘path’ that appeared to be used often by carts. Except in this case, it must be used by the groundskeeper machines with more power.
it was like that Fesh Fesh stuff- sand with the consistency of baby powder and acts almost like water. And it was over half the wheel height deep. I made it about 1/4 of the way when I realized it and knew that POWER is the key. Until it got 3/4 of the way and sank to the full depth. No way to go forward, only way was to back it out the tracks I just made. Yikes- it was a delicate balance of gassing the cart in reverse while unweighting and pushing with the left leg which could reach the ‘solid’ ground just off the ‘path’. Took a few minutes of that to finally get some grip and escape.
After all that, ball was lost.

Maybe the on-cart GPS unit showed a path through there?

the real question is, did they get a free drop for grounds under repair?
or penalty for water hazard?
or?

I guess I shouldn't rule that out, maybe they parked at the top of the hill and forgot to lock the brake in and it rolled down there. I bet that would be a tough walk, especially if you didn't know management that well, knowing they probably wouldn't believe you lol.
I have enjoyed other walks more. I thought I would be banned from the course or asked to pay for whatever was used to retrieve the cart.

These things happen. 😂
Our cart at work will start beeping if it rolls without power being applied. How do I know?:rolleyes:

These things happen. 😂

so many self-centered, inconsiderate d-bags :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wish I could witness these things, even if it may have been a mistake. Would have been quite the scene

Someone moved the "Steep Hill" sign....

Stupid is as stupid does!

My home course has a lot of desert waste areas, and they deal with stuck carts on an almost daily basis when idiots drive out into the sand and bury them up to the frame. They just got all new carts with GPS, and they have the feature that shuts the cart down to about 1/4 mile an hour and flashes a big warning on the screen when you go into an area you're not supposed to be in - you have to use reverse and back out of it. That should stop a lot of the problems, since they have it programmed to where it will shut the carts down before they reach the waste areas. Only problem is, there are going to be a lot of very angry snowbirds this winter when they can't drive out on the course on par 3s and park the carts 2 feet from the greens like they usually have in the past! :ROFLMAO:

I've gotten stuck in mud before, and oddly at my local course its where it says cart path only but some holes don't have paths all the way down

Still, never in a hazard or ditch like that, thats baaaadd

Back