Search results for query: *

1. Out West

Hawaii Big Island course recommendations

I played the Waikoloa Beach Course about a week ago and thought I would share some observations. Cons - One set of rental clubs were terrible. The set my dad was given included a broken driver (had a rattling sound) and the head of the 5 iron broke completely off while using it at the range...
  2. Out West

What did you shoot today?

I played 9 holes the other day and shot a 46. That score for me is pretty good because I am usually in the 52ish+ range. Cutting six or more shots off my game I was very happy with. Holes six and seven things went off the rails and I was surprised looking back at my score card after the round...
  3. Out West

Best Midnight Snack?

🍑
  4. Out West

For Sale Blast Golf Motion Swing Analyzer & Bridgestone Tour B RXS balls

Is the Blast Motion still available? Do you know is it the Gen 3?
  5. Out West

Short game lessons??

I agree to a degree. I think personal lessons will always be best because everyone has a different swing and different things that needs to be changed. Taking lessons over the past few months has been more helpful than all the YouTube videos I have ever watched. I understand my swing a bit...
  6. Out West

How do you golf lesson?

I started taking lessons this year for the first time. I have completed nine lessons and I think my swing has definitely improved, but my score has not. I have learned enough from the lessons and YouTube that I can now start to self diagnose some of the swing issues I am having. Due to...
  7. Out West

How Good is Your Short Game?

It's not. I have been working on straightening out my irons and driver. I have that a bit more dialed and my summer goal is to focus on short stuff, including putting.
  8. Out West

How far do you hit a 7 Iron?

I started the year hitting my 7 about 150 yards. I have taken a handful of lessons and if I hit the ball well I can get 170ish with a TP5 ball. At the range this week I was averaging 160 yards.
  9. Out West

Range Etiquette

The range I use is matts only, so that solves that issue. I listen to headphones, try to not take the bay next to anyone if spacing allows, and pretty much stay to myself. The ringer on my phone has not been on in years, so that is not something I am going to annoy anyone with. I am not really...
  10. Out West

Hat Off in Clubhouse?

Have not played anywhere that requires hats off, but I always take my hat off if I am sitting down to eat.
  11. Out West

Golf Club Turnoff’s

It is weird for me. I have the Cleveland CBX2 46, 50, and 56 in black and love the look. My 60 is a Wilson that is the standard chrome color. I just do not like the look of the Wilson sitting behind the ball. I don't understand because all of my irons are chrome, just some weird mental...
  12. Out West

Headcover question

I take the driver cover off and it stays off the rest of the round. It bothers me when the clubs clank around in the bag, but not enough to keep fussing with the covers.
  13. Out West

Your Current Wedges

Cleveland CBX2 46, 50, and 56. Love them and will add the 60 soon.
  14. Out West

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I’ll adjust my plans. I really don’t like being rushed or having to wait. That more than anything ruins a round for me.
  15. Out West

I will be on the Big Island in July and plan on playing the Waikoloa Beach Course. Is there anything specific you didn't like about the course? I will be playing with my dad and brother and picked this course because we are staying Waikoloa and it is cheaper than some of the other courses...
  16. Out West

A Bad Day On The Course Definition

If I can not slice my driver and the number of balls lost. If I can keep the ball in front of me I am very happy.
  17. Out West

2021 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

I played 9 holes with a white TP5 and saw no issues with the ball. Unlike the yellow TP5, the cover seemed to hold up and I did not notice any scuffs or marks on the white ball. Unfortunately, the next day when I went to play 18 holes I lost too many balls to be able to give any sort of review...
  18. Out West

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I lost too many balls to count today, one being a TP5 pix. Losing that one stung just a bit more.
  19. Out West

Review A Review of Bandon Dunes/Sheep Ranch/Trails

Awesome review. Since listening to the NLU podcasts about these courses, I really want to make a trip and play. I would love to play all of the courses, but I think I would also pick Bandon, Trails, and Sheep Ranch if I had to pick three. I may try to find a way to play in April or May of 2022.
Back