Search results for query: *

1. BrianW

2024 Maltby Playability Ratings

I know these are contentious but I thought I would put them here for those who are interested. These are only 2024 clubs. Callaway AI Smoke Max 817, AI Smoke HL 766, AI Smoke 599, Apex CB 486, Apex MB 470, Apex Pro 239. Cobra Dark Speed One Length 755, Dark Speed 713. Ping G730 555, Blueprint S...
  2. BrianW

Yellow Kirkland availability near Seattle

I was at the Aurora (North Seattle) and Lynnwood Costco's and they both have the yellow Kirkland Performance Plus balls.
  3. BrianW

Results of my PXG fitting.

I got fitted on Tuesday and my expected ship date is this coming Tuesday. So excited to get them out on the course. I got fitted at PXG Seattle(Bellevue actually). I am 63 and always had very slow swing speed. Fitter had me try KBS Tour Lite Steel, Project X Cypher 50i 5.0(which is what I was...
  4. BrianW

I would love some input from this great forum!

I have a PXG fitting for irons set for Tuesday. I am currently playing Ping G15's. My swing speed has gone down and my wrists protest a bit much these days . Looking to get a set of PXG 0211 XCore 2 with graphite shafts. My biggest quandry is the black heads or chrome. Anybody habe experience...
  5. BrianW

Seattle area fans of Kirkland golf balls.

As of Thursday the Kirkland Costco has about a half pallet of the Performance Plus golf balls at $19.97 for 2 dozen. The Aurora Village and Lynnwood Costco are out.
  6. BrianW

A new driver!

My current driver, a Ping K15 from 2011, is being replaced. Last Tuesday I went to the Bellevue Wa PXG fitting center. The fitter spent 45 minutes with me. I tried 8 different shafts and different weight settings. In the end I ended up with the PXG 0811 XF Gen 4 driver. At the current prices it...
  7. BrianW

Just got some Kirkland Performance plus. Now made in Vietnam.

Got My first double dozen Kirkland V2 at the end of last year and I like them. Just starting to get low and went into Costco today to get another double dozen. I opened the box when I got home and noticed they are Made In Vietnam now instead of China. Wonder what that will mean?
  8. BrianW

Good sale on Maxfli Tour and Tour X At Dicks Sporting Goods.

I was at my local Dicks Sporting Goods and they had boxes of 48 Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls for $104.99. They also had practice Chromesoft for $29.99.
  9. BrianW

What not to say to your golf buddies.

I was 100 yards out on the 18th at Auburn Golf Course here in Washington State. 100 yards is my Ping G15 U Wedge distance. I was very excited. I mentioned to my buddies that this will be the third round I have used this Srixon Q star Tour. Water left and left back of green. Of course I...
  10. BrianW

2020 Maltby Playability Factor.

Well here goes my annual contribution to people discussing the Malby Playability Factor. I know many think its useless and some find it a little useful. So here are the 2020 additions. Callaway Mavrik Max 780, Mavrik 677, Epic E19 631, Mavrik Pro 592. Cobra SZ One 865, SZ 824, T Rail 770. King...
  11. BrianW

Have these golf balls at work, dont know anything about them.

We just started carrying these balls at work. They re not on the USGA conforming balls list and I typed Impulse golf balls into google and got nothing. They are Surlyn covered made in China.
  12. BrianW

2019 Maltby Playability Ratings.

I was on the Golfworks website and I went to the Maltby ratings and the new 2019 club ratings are up. I know many don't care but for those who do I thought I would post them. Callaway: Big Bertha CF 19 924, Apex Forged 476, Apex Forged Pro 460 Cleveland: Launcher HB 789, CBX 706 Cobra: F9 887...
  13. BrianW

I did a crazy thing yesterday.

I was playing my first round of the year. Got in a sand trap, grabbed what I thought was my sand wedge. Hit a pretty good sand shot, got out nicely, Went to put my club back in the bag and there was my sand wedge, in the bag! I had my Ping U(gap) wedge. I was a little shocked and even more...
  14. BrianW

A high handicap. slow swing speed golfers observations on golf balls.

I am a 20 handicap who drives it about 200-210. I hit a 6 iron from 150. For the last few years I have been using the Callaway Super Soft.I got my only hole in one with it. Prior I used the Bridgestone E6 for about 4 years. This year I decided to try a urethane ball. Played a box of Srixon...
  15. BrianW

New 2017 Maltby playability ratings.

I was on Golf Works website and noticed there were new 2017 Maltby playability ratings up. I know there are some that think these are not very useful, I thought I would post them for your enjoyment. Callaway: Big Bertha OS 720, Big Bertha Senior OS 745, Steelhead XR Pro 916, Steelhead XR 967...
  16. BrianW

Ping Glide wedges onsale.

Puetz Golf here in Seattle has Ping Glide wedges on sale for $99. I'm sure this is probably nationwide.
  17. BrianW

I would love to see a golf ball shootout between...

Being a high handicapper I would love to see a big golf ball shootout between Bridgestone Extrasoft, Top Flite Gamer Soft, Titleist Trusoft, Callaway Supersoft, Taylor Made Aeroburner Soft, Volvik Crystal, Srixon Softfeel, Snell Get Sum, Maxfli Softfli, Wilson Duo and Wilson 50. I have been...
  18. BrianW

Question on Ping Glide ES sole grind.

I am a 19 handicap who's looking to add a 60 degree wedge. What is the benefits of ES sole vs SS sole? At my handicap level am I crazy to consider it? I am currently using my 56 for everything under 85 yards. I do have trouble when I am short sided.
  19. BrianW

Good golf ball deal at Walmart.

Just paid $9.86 for a dozen Titleist Surlyn xouts. They were all NXT Tour S, yellow. It looked like 4 of the 5 other boxes I checked were all NXT Tour S. One box had 3 sleeves of NXT Tour S and one sleeve of DT Solos.
  20. BrianW

2015 Maltby Playability Factors.

I went to the Golfworks website to see if any of the newer clubs had been rated. Here are the new ratings I could find. Im not sold on the ratings but I know some find them interesting. Cobra Fly Z XL 699 Cobra Fly Z 633 Cobra Fly Z XL Forged 683 Callaway Big Bertha 867 Callaway XR 660 Callaway...
Back