BrianW

Reaction score
Handicap
My current driver, a Ping K15 from 2011, is being replaced. Last Tuesday I went to the Bellevue Wa PXG fitting center. The fitter spent 45 minutes with me. I tried 8 different shafts and different weight settings. In the end I ended up with the PXG 0811 XF Gen 4 driver. At the current prices it was a great deal. Its an inch short, heavy weight in heal position, an Evenflow Riptide CB 5.0 R 50 gram. Received it today exactly one week after ordering it. Was really pleased with all aspects of dealing with PXG. We will see how it fares on the course tomorrow. The rest of the clubs in my bag are all from 2011. I am looking to get new irons with graphite shafts. I have a low swing speed, and at 62, I think the graphite will be nicer to my wrists.

Congrats! I hope you two have a long, happy relationship. What loft did you get?

Just curious because you mentioned a slower swing speed. I discovered that as I age (63 this month) my carry has been going up with more lofted drivers. I have slowed down, I am still swinging a bit over 100mph, but not over 110 like I was 20 years ago. Don't have data from back then to see if my angle of attack has changed, we just had speed.

Congrats and enjoy!

Congrats on the new driver!

Congrats. Make sure you check out the Recoil Darts. Had my first experience with them yesterday and they felt very good

Enjoy the new driver. It’s nice to hear that you had a good fitting experience.

I have been all graphite for a long time. Enjoy driver and get the irons/fw/hybrids in graphite soon. ;)

Great to hear you got fitted for a shorter driver. The stock driver lengths are too long for nearly everyone, which is why most of the Pros use shorter drivers!
I cut mine down so that my longest driver is now 42 inches.

Congrats, my bil has a PXG driver and was empressed with it when I visited and swung it a few times. Enjoy!

My current driver, a Ping K15 from 2011, is being replaced. Last Tuesday I went to the Bellevue Wa PXG fitting center. The fitter spent 45 minutes with me. I tried 8 different shafts and different weight settings. In the end I ended up with the PXG 0811 XF Gen 4 driver. At the current prices it was a great deal. Its an inch short, heavy weight in heal position, an Evenflow Riptide CB 5.0 R 50 gram. Received it today exactly one week after ordering it. Was really pleased with all aspects of dealing with PXG. We will see how it fares on the course tomorrow. The rest of the clubs in my bag are all from 2011. I am looking to get new irons with graphite shafts. I have a low swing speed, and at 62, I think the graphite will be nicer to my wrists.
Nice! Look at them yesterday when they were posted on the Coupon Thread.
$190 for a Driver is a deal.
I'm the same age and I was fitting myself in the same shaft at 6.0 50 Gram.

Congrats on the new driver. PXG is making some nice stuff. You might want to contact PXG and see if you can get a credit on the price difference based on the current sale. When I ordered the Gen5 0311 when they were on sale in August, one day after my order, they announced the free shipping deal, worth $30. I contacted them and they agreed to credit me with $30 against a future order. Ultimately, we bought another 0311 Gen5 for my wife and were able to use the $30 against that purchase. Could save you some more coin.

Congrats on the new PXG, I have the same one and it has been amazing!!

Congrats on the new big stick!

Congrats on new driver.

Back