Search results for query: *

1. tequila4kapp

Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

I was expecting it too - even tried to pay / asked how much. @Jman - order is in and yes, I'm going Recoil Darts 75g, stiff instead of regular. I am pretty darn confident they'll work great for me - I've had a long run with assorted UST / Recoil iron shafts.
  2. tequila4kapp

I liked that it was quick and easy. In past fittings I have reached a point of fatigue and diminishing returns; at a certain point the time with the fitter just hasn't been productive or additive. This cuts through all of that. I was not charged for the fitting (they normally charge $100)...
  3. tequila4kapp

The fitting is completed. Interesting experience. Finding A Fitter Start by going here and navigating to "Find a Wilson Fit AI Location": https://www.wilson.com/en-us/explore/golf/golf-fit-ai. This was choppy at best for me. Search results for my address showed 1 fitting location. Turns...
  4. tequila4kapp

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I am not an expert. My opinion is that it is correct but incomplete. You need to plan for your personal situation. This is where professional help can be helpful. I expected to draw from Social Security as soon as eligible and to use the 4% rule. We were advised not to, all for reasons...
  5. tequila4kapp

Lets kick this off with an About The Tester post. The goal in sharing this is to provide the reader some context about my testing. Age / Skill Level I'm a mid to late 50's RH golfer without a current index. My last accurate number was 13.2. I've been as low as 10.1(?) and as high as 30...
  6. tequila4kapp

TESTERS Congrats! You are Testing Wilson Dynapower Forged

My fitting is scheduled for midday today. I'm excited to see how that goes. Heads up everyone, the tester feedback will be posted to @Hawk 's review thread, here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/wilson-dynapower-forged-irons-review/
  7. tequila4kapp

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

There was a round at Pacific Dunes where sideways hail was hitting us on the first tee. The hail/rain was heavy and never stopped. Temps had to be just above freezing, maybe mid 30s??? The wind was strong enough that it blew a stand bag over and the caddie had to run to retrieve it before it...
  8. tequila4kapp

Your retirement scheme has inspired me. We are eyeballing an entirely different part of the country for retirement. Unlike now, summers there will be brutal. Getting back to the west for outdoors will be a heavy lift, but we will have time. Anyway, I mention to the wife last night how you...
  9. tequila4kapp

TESTERS Congrats! You are Testing Wilson Dynapower Forged

What a fun way to start the day! This will be the first new gear to enter my bag since 2019 and I don’t think I have ever gamed Wilson before. This will be fun. The AI fitting shop that was shown on the website is a place on the other side of town that I had never heard of before. I’ll be...
  10. tequila4kapp

NBA 2023 - 2024

Reeves and Russell (especially) had such nice seasons, then they got owned again vs Denver. Pretty disappointing
  11. tequila4kapp

NBA 2023 - 2024

Russell, Reeves and Hachimura are atrocious tonight. No chance of winning when 60% of your lineup shoots 25% from the floor for 17 points.
  12. tequila4kapp

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

6 QBs in the 1st 12 picks, 3 from the now defunct Pac12.
  13. tequila4kapp

Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

I would consider packing for a week and plan to do laundry 3 times. If I’m staying at decent enough hotels I could pay to have the laundry done. That’s a hassle but maybe less painful than trying to pack for 4 weeks.
  14. tequila4kapp

Would this stop you from playing?

Regular course, regularly scheduled game? Pass. Special event, special course (eg, Bandon)? Play.
  15. tequila4kapp

Taco Bell Menu in 1974

Enchirito and burrito
  16. tequila4kapp

2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

8th in 2028 team payroll, 80M less than the Mets.
  17. tequila4kapp

2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Gotta disagree with you on this one. He has been atrocious most of his playoff career, especially relative to his regular season performance. Regular season career ERA: 2.48. Playoff career ERA: 4.5.
  18. tequila4kapp

Good on you guys! It is a long term endeavor, so being on track is a definite positive. I decided to in for a 2nd opinion (we have a relationship with 2nd bank and they offer the same service). Two objectives: 1) confirmation (or not) of the big picture narrative; 2) different voice about...
Back