2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

I wanted to revisit this thread and post with some verfy interesting info.

. Even though I posted last year that the newer version wasn't quite as good at holding its line as the older version (not my reason for this post) but I wanted to first clear up that the difference is not night and day and there is still no other ball I have ever played or know of that does this any better at all. I also did say that I think a tad of that is due to it being a tad better around the greens and since I have become a bit better ball striker than last year I appreciate the newer version for all of this as well as its main purpose as being the very best at keeping it straight imo.

I wanted to post about a very recent unintentional experiment that speaks wonders about the e6 over all for its intended purpose.

Playing the other day as a single. One of the players (nice guy). His tee shots and long approach shots were all tailing significantly at the end. They would simply tail away moderate to sometimes hard the last 1/5 of the flight. He was pretty consistent with it all because he wasn't a long hitter and he also played his ball to compensate for the tail so with both those factors he was still very much in play most of the time.

Over half way through the round we started talking about balls (I don't remember why) but I then thought of something on hole 13 and I asked if his shots usually tailed away very often or was it just happening today. He said his long clubs usually do this. Now of course its something he should and probably could fix. But anyway I then told him about the e6 of which he had no idea about. He was very interested and said he has been giving a lot of thought to balls lately so I ended up offering him one and he was glad to try it.

Well, let me tell you that the difference in his ball tailing away was so very noticeably different from previously. He played the rest of the round with the ball and it really was amazing just how much his normal tail was minimized. This wasn't just a couple shots but was very many shots. It was like two different ball flights from 2/3 the round to the last 1/3. He actually had to recalculate his compensation for his desired shot direction and his expected landing area.

There was just something just right about his distance, ball speed, and shot shape that simply allowed one to truly see the "big" difference this ball made. Of course he was also longer too because it stayed straighter. I've always known and experienced how it does what its suppose to do as I posted but the way it shined for his specific swing was like nothing else I ever seen before. He was amazed with the ball and after playing it for a couple seasons now I too was just as impressed as I was when I first started using them.

Lately I have been thinking of a ball change. I figure my ball striking over all has improved past couple seasons and maybe I should change balls. But then I think (especially after this) why? The ball is long, holds its line better than anything, checks up just fine enough for me even with my short game improvement, can be had for a good price and even better when on sale. After this latest unexpected experience I just had to revisit this thread and tell all and say again how this ball really does what it is made to do. Just may be anyone (new or old here) who has given this ball some thought but never tried it should indeed give it a try.

Nice story!

I put the ball in play and saw really last weekend and saw similarly good results. The vall was superb in the wind and long off the tee.

finally settled on a ball and the E6 is the one i loved, great all around ball. Really love the reduction of side to side spin. It really helps my tee game and long irons. Cant say enough good things about it. Just order a lot of 100. Wont be needing balls fo rquite some time.

Back