2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

i recently started playing the bridgestone e6 for the last 2 weeks (4 rounds total) ... Before then i played Nike NDX or Nike PD LONG or Nike CRUSH.
here are my initial thoughts after playing this ball for the last 2 weeks...

- DRIVER = With the big stick in hand, i have gained about 20 yards from drives. Consistently too. The ball flight is very straight and long. Instead of driving the ball 270, i am hitting 290 and the occasional 300yards.

Long irons (hybrids/5/6i) = Increased in distance and a really penetrating straight ball flight. I love the feel off the ball after striking a 3hyb perfectly. Not much side spin even on slight mishits which i really enjoyed. I would say that my hybrids are actually hitting better then ever with this bridgestone ball.

Wedges = This is the one area where i have lost distance on my wedges. I used to hit an approach wedge 130 and now im hitting the approach wedge 120. My 58deg wedge has dropped in yardage from 105 to 95. The reason being because i think the e6 gives an extremely high ball flight. Such a high ball flight that i am losing yardage. I cant complain about the accuracy because each shot was straight at the pin, but for my first 2 weeks using this ball i am still struggling trying to dial in my yardages with my wedges in hand. Anybody else have this type of feedback when making the switch to the e6?

putter = a very quiet golf ball. Soft feel on the greens. No complaints here. I seemed to have quite a few lip outs during my recent rounds with this ball but that is down to individual performance i believe ...

Thanks For The Great Reviews, Guys!:banana:I took the Bridgestone Ball fitting test last Thursday at my local course & they recommended the E5 or B330RX for my swing speed of 85-89 mph. I tried to play the E5 vs. the B330RX. Both balls felt too hard for me & the RX was significantly shorter by at least 10 yds on driver & irons. Felt like a rock! I tried an older E6 & it was soft & smooth as butter & stopped within 2 feet of its pitch mark in the green from 60 yds. Trying out the new 2013 E6 this morning in my first competitive round. Will let you know how it performs!:act-up:

The E6 Played Great! Hit 7 Fairways & 5 Greens On The Front 9, then lost my swing on the back.:banghead: Ball Was Definitely longer than the Wilson Duo or Callaway Hex Chrome I Usually play. Ball rolled out about 18" average on the greens from a 5 Hybrid to an A Wedge. Putted very well. Made 1 Birdie from 12 feet. Love the New E6! I think it does have a little more spin than the 2012 model & feels softer.:banana:

Thats great Tall guy. Thanks for the feedback.

The E6 Played Great! Hit 7 Fairways & 5 Greens On The Front 9, then lost my swing on the back.:banghead: Ball Was Definitely longer than the Wilson Duo or Callaway Hex Chrome I Usually play. Ball rolled out about 18" average on the greens from a 5 Hybrid to an A Wedge. Putted very well. Made 1 Birdie from 12 feet. Love the New E6! I think it does have a little more spin than the 2012 model & feels softer.:banana:

Sounds like you may have just joined Team E6!
Thanks for your feedback.

I think I will need to do some experimentation with the B330S and the B330RXS. The latter is supposed to be better suited to my swing speed (Between 95-104), but having seen the spin quality of the B330S I'm really torn.........
Mav: I Don't Have Your Swing Speed; Mine Is 87-89, but I still love the B330S. I play it when our greens get hard & fast in the summer. Very Accurate, long, & spins like a top! Nice soft feel, too. The RXS felt like a rock to me & I was 10-20 yards shorter with it on every club.

Great feedback tall guy, my swing speed is also on the slow side and I really enjoyed the E6 till I tried the RX, it just worked better for me round the greens. I couldn't get E6 to stop and couldn't adapt my shots well enough make good use of it so it's interesting that you can get it to stop (it was better earlier in the year but as soon as greens dried and matured, just kept on running.)
I did a mini head to head over a 14 holes and the RX was 6 shots better, I'm happy with the loss of distance and lateral control for the improvement on approaches but it's great the E6 suits you, sounds like the thread really helped (it was the one that prompted me to sign up!)

Keep the feedback coming :)

I played my first round with the e6s yesterday afternoon. I've always been skeptical of the e series because I always thought of it as a cheap Bridgestone ball that would be rock hard and not do much around the greens for me. After reading the reviews here and talking with some of my fellow THPers, I decided to give it a shot because of the price point and my need for less spin off the tee. I've never been one to put much spin on the ball with my irons (except for wedges), so I worried that while I'd love the straight distance, I wouldn't get the response around the greens that I look for. I could not have been more wrong. This ball flat out performs. Here's what I saw:

Driver: I hit my driver really well yesterday and I'd like to attribute it to my swing thoughts, but I didn't see one single snap hook or big slice yesterday. Lots of low, straight and driving tee shots that had plenty of roll out. The one ball that I'd probably consider more of a hook than a draw, still stayed in the first cut on the left hand side of the fairway. Great results off of the tee.

Irons: I really struck the ball well yesterday. One shot in particular was a down hill, 180 yard par-3 over water. The pin was in the middle of the green, but tucked in on the right, so I just wanted to hit a nice shot to the middle of the green and not even fool with the water on the right. I hit a nice, high straight ball that landed pin high, bounced once and stopped dead. Not the kind of action I usually see from my 7-iron. I was very impressed. I was worried the lack of spin would hurt me, but I didn't notice that much of a difference between my normal gamer, the Q-Star.

Wedges: All you need to know about my wedge game, I posted in the 'Best Shot' thread. Very impressed with what I saw.

Short game: I don't spin it much around the greens and I usually play for some roll out, so this ball really fit right in with what I need from chips and pitches. Sometimes more roll out than I'd like, but I'd rather have that than have it stop really quickly.

Overall, this ball won me over in just one round. I've played the B330 series and I honestly believe this might be a better ball for me. The reduced spin off the tee is something I really benefitted from and I even had some great reactions from the ball on the green with my irons. This along with a great price point is why I see myself gaming these for awhile. I might even try a yellow or orange ball, which is something I'd never thought I'd do.

I am back to the e6 after gaming the e7 for a month or so .... The e6 has a straighter/more direct feel off the face and the ball gets a little more airborne from both iron and teeshots when compared to the e7. I like both of these balls very much, but the e6 edges out the e7 slightly. The only negative aspect is ball durability out of the bunkers. After a couple sand shots, my ball will pick up a few nicks/scrapes rather easily. (When combined with the hardpack sand out here in the Midwest as well)

... overall im confident the e6 will be my ball of choice for many rounds to come ...

I played the E6 again last weekend after being exclusive to a different ball for about 3 months. It was like getting to spend time with an old friend again.
It certainly does its job in reducing some of the side spin and that's awesome.

If you're looking for a ball to help add some length and keep you in the fairway this IS 100% the ball for you.

I've got a little further testing to go between this one and my recent gamer but it will be hard to keep Bridgestones out of my bag.

I was in the initial testing and was already using the E6 along with the Q star. I haven't used the Q star in months and have stuck with the E6. It really just suits my game better.

I just picked up a pack yesterday and will be looking to get out for a round tomorrow. Previously been playing the Srixons AD333 which I actually didn't mind. But looking for a ball just to help keep me straight more often than not. Distance - this ball and other posters have mentioned you can gain distance off the tee but lose it with irons and wedges etc. I guess im not too fussed about distance, I just wanna put the ball in good positions on the course. Ive been reading that this ball likes to roll on when on the green, I actually don't mind that, I play a slightly hilly course and heading into summer the course will start to harden up and then you can let the ball just roll up onto the green. im really not fussed if my ball ends up within 10ft of the hole by running along rather than getting high in the air and plonking down, just as long as it gets there!

Going THP crazy.

This ball is different and feels nearly illegal. E6 was very straight off the tee. Felt like it reduced left and right spin by 20%. Had to actually aim for center of the fairway.

Green side side spin was weak but manageable.

If you are a 15-25 and drop shots on errant tee shots try this ball.

By the way I swing kinda hard and hit is 265-290. Did not feel this ball was wrong for that kinda swing.

managed to play 9 holes yesterday at my local club. it was quite busy and the weather wasn't the most pleasant. Of the 9 holes played there were 7 fairways, leaving out the 2 par 3s. I managed to hit 6 out of the 7 fairways and the ball went wham bam straight down the middle. around the greens I felt it was quite receptive and I managed to get the same spin on this ball as I do out of the srixon q stars and AD333, so no drama with that at all. Putting, the quietness off the blade is something im not used too, but I actually liked it, gave the sensation of a nice smooth feel!

I have followed most of this thread from the start and it was mostly due to myself already using the prior e6. A belated sincere thanks to all who offered opinions and all the right ups made about the ball by all.

later part of last year and thus far this whole season I've used the 2011 e6. Not a lot of golf at all by some of your standards but for me has been a lot and about 30 rounds. In fact most ever for me in one season.

I still buy the older version mainly due to price and I do like them a lot since I've used them. They do work at helping the minor misshit stay put better than any other ball I ever tried. even though that has not been a whole bunch they do work better at that than the others. I just now found a good price and ordered bunch new (2013) ones (yellow, but whatever helps the pocket). Anyway since playing with only the 2011's for the past year I should have a good idea if the newer version is any degree much different from the 2011 for me.

When I get them (very soon) I hope to offer some opinion between the two versions. Hopefully I'll get in a round or two soon after receiving them. But when ever it happens I'll be glad to post about it.

Comparing the 2011 e6 to the 2013 e6

To continue my last post and to my surprise I played the new balls today. Got out after work and played solo. Took a lot of shots on a semi empty course. Once past the first 2 holes and got comfy I settled in and tookmultiple shots as I sometimes took 2 or sometimes 3 from the same position before moving on. On one hole even hit 4tee shots and on another hit 4 approaches and on a few would put down the older version while doing all this. I believe I got in probably 27 holes or so worth of golf in the 15 holes I went through before sunset and also being close to the clubhouse after 15. he he.

As said, I played nothing else all year including later half of last year with only the 2011 version e6. The amount of golf is not a whole ton vs how often many you golf. But for me about 40 rounds with the ball its been a lot and has certainly been more than enough to know the only ball I use pretty well relative to my level of play. What I did today (as stated above) imo gave me pretty good idea of this new version vs its 2year older brother.

What I found.
First thing I noticed totally unexpected as it sounded different off the driver face. Thought it was just me at first as I ended up not catching it clean and hit a high draw that did end up thankfully in the fw but higher and shorter than a would be normal good drive. But then the first iron shot (7i approach) sounded just a small tad different too. Then the putter also. Yes on in two and 2putt for par :). Anyway next tee was a 4iron lay-up and hit a great one but also just a hint of a different sound too. Next few holes started hitiing multiple shots at this point and bottom line is after several irons and a few driver shots the newer ball does produce imo a different sound and also feels slightly different. More noticeable to me with the driver and the putter but only just a tad with the irons.

Cant advocate if its a better sound or feel to you as that is just personal preference. But to me I didn't like it quite as much. Although this could be simply because I am more use to the older sound and feel. Sound and feel off the club may be two different things but imo can often go hand in hand when we hit as they both add (for better or worse) to the whole experience of our shots if that makes any sense to you. In the end I preferred the 2011 sound and feel. But not by a huge margin. As said, the driver face and the putter is where it was more noticeable to me. The putter was the one place where I'd say for certain I didn't care for it as much but again I'm just not quite use to it yet so I keep that in mind. I have a few dozen 2013's so I guess and hope that will soon change for me..lol.

Driver distance varies too much even when hit well due to wind, slopes, fw firmness etc...As inconsistent as I can be I can often have good driver days and I have been (past few rounds) just crushing the ball lately with the driver and also hitting fw's bit more consistently than usual. Wish the rest of my game joined the party..lol. One thing gets good, something else goes in the tank as we all know too well...lol But with that I'd say both balls are in the same boat with driver distance. Its just too hard to say for certain (with all the variables) weather one is a few yrds more or less average over the other with driver. If I was at 263 or 276 or 283 or 258 I cant say that if I used the other ball in its place on that same exact swing to same place that it would be any more or less further.

The irons. Talking mainly about approach shots with mid 7,8,9 and pw too. I do believe there was a tad extra yardage with the 2013. It wasn't a lot but I believe I have a good idea of my yardage when I make the good strikes. Not necessarily on the greens but either on or close enough. In all the shots I took today I made enough of them to feel as though I thought I was getting a bit more yards with the mid irons. A number of times even if bit left or right and on or off the green I carried further than expected for my normal well hit ball. Can I say maybe half club with a 7,8,9i? Possibly yes. But I guess much more golf before I can make this a certainty would have to take place.

With those same irons and for those approach shots that made the green I think the average landed ball stays put about the same as its older brother. A 150 8i will land and either ball will be about the same spot from its divot imo. On a relatively flat green it may just be a few feet for me but I come in from pretty high angle.

I am not one to generate stopping power, backspin, or especially any drawback like some of you (blessed ones) might so I cant comment or compare on how good either of the balls are for that kind of game. For me and my drawback-less game they both seem similar lol.

Putting- as touched on earlier I like the older brother better. The sound and feel of the new one I am not quite liking yet of my putter. It feels to me like the ball is somehow lighter. Not a fact but just the way it feels vs the 2011. So I would rather be putting the 2011 though as mentioned could be just some getting use to. Had I never played the 2011 perhaps I would like this 2013 but I am comparing the two and give the 2011 an advantage there for me.

Now for what this ball is all about and that is keeping it straighter. I have been in love with the 2011 version for this very reason. An errant shot is an errant shot but for the slight over faded or over drawn or mishit ball the 2011 has been a blessing for me for keeping the damage minimized as much as a ball can which I didn't even think was that possible. Certainly better at this then any other ball I have ever hit. And that's not a whole big amount of balls but is enough of them. Anyway that's why I used it and stayed with it. The 2013 imo falls short at doing this vs the 2011. Don't get me wrong, It doesn't fall short vs other balls but does vs the 2011.

I hit a lot of shots today and many where of the nature where the e6 helps me. I've become use to the results of the 2011 when I make reasonable mishits one way or the other
and the 2013 is not as good as its older brother for doing this imo. The 2013 seems to break its movement later in flight seeming like its working better at first but then when it breaks, it breaks more rapidly and more overall. I can see this situation more so with the driver and longer 4 and 5irons because obviously the longer flight shows it better than the shorter flights but its there with the other irons too vs the 2011 version.

This was disappointing to me. Perhaps for those of ability who are good at working a ball in and out this ball will be better than the 2011 for doing this. It is one of the things that many didn't like about the 2011 and just maybe they made the 2013 more workable for that reason. Some of you here say the 2013 is not workable enough but I suggest trying it vs the 2011 and i'd be surprised if you didn't find the 2011 even harder to work than the 2013.

The thing is this ball (both of them) are designed with purpose of holding straight so to me they are not balls for one who desires more side spin to work the ball. Everything is a trade off and would disappoint me even further if their intent was to cater to the negative feedback on the workability with the 2011. Kind of goes against the purpose of the ball if that is what they did. I just don't know and just hearsay. But if they just simply redesigned it to be better at what it was originally designed to do then it failed a bit from what ive seen thus far but remember this is only relative to its older 2011 brother. Its still a good ball that i would use imo. I have to use them nowanyway as I have a few dozen lol..

They say it has more dimples and is further but although it may be just a tad further with irons it gave up some ability thus far in my opinion to do its main thing and that is to help keep it straight. And again I have to get use to it for putting feel and sound.

this was long I know but its my thoughts and experience thus far I wanted to offer.

I played twice more (yes alot of golf this past week for me) with the ball and wanted to confirm or change anything in my last post. To be honest i find pretty much similar I described before in every area. Since nothing has changed much in my opinion from my last post I'll just get to the main reason this ball is marketed for and what is most important about it and that is its ability to keep it straight.

Again i find similar to what i described prior. The ball falls short on improvement from the 2011 version when it comes to doing its main thing. In fact i found again that similar mishits do not hold the line as well vs the 2011 version. Again, it breaks later in flight but breaks harder resulting in an overall less ability to hold its line for you imo. To me it reacts a bit more similar to other balls for the "not so bad" miss hit. The 2011 version does a better job at this imo.

But as said in the earlier post, this may prove beneficail for those who want to and can work the ball. It should imo do it better for you vs the 2011. But this imo goes against the whole thought logic of a ball that is supose to help stay straight as the 2011 did very well imo. Also as previously mentioned I do think its a tad better vs some other balls for this but certainly a bit disapointing vs the 2011.

I will still be using them as i have bought a few dozen but i will be looking for deals on the 2011's and save them and play them as long as i can still get them vs these new ones. just better at doing what they are marketed to do imo.

P.S. after these couple more rounds with the ball, all other things i said before I still have pretty much the same opinion.

I had been using the Callaway Diablo ball and liked it. Tried these on a recommendation here and totally love them. I think I have a new golf ball. Soft, good distance. I dont know if it helps straighten things out or not, but I do hit it well.

Bridgestone e6

Bridgestone e6

Came on board too late for the Bridgestone event in Vegas. But enjoy reading all about it and Bridgestone's participation. So, I'm playing Bridgestone e6's in tomorrow club tourney just as a thank you. Hope I'm around for next year's event.

Came on board too late for the Bridgestone event in Vegas. But enjoy reading all about it and Bridgestone's participation. So, I'm playing Bridgestone e6's in tomorrow club tourney just as a thank you. Hope I'm around for next year's event.

MM, how have you done over the last few days of playing? The club tourney is your 3rd in a row, right? I was just curious. Enjoy!

I just received a sleeve in pink, I haven't played the pink yet, I can't wait to see the contrast of it to the grass and sky out on the course!

I'm not ashamed to play pink!!!

Bump. This was 1 of 3 great review threads for the E series last year. THPers are gonna shine again with the B 330s!!

After the Indy Invitational, I have officially switched over to the e6's from the Q Stars. The lack of sidespin on this ball is a perfect compliment to the high launch and spinning nature of my a12 OS clubs. With my SLDR Mini I passed 270y on drives multiple times including rollout, but carried 240-250y on most drives. I am not much of a spin player, and most of my short game irons hit high enough to land with little or no rollout from full swings. For partial swings I am fine with playing for some rollout. All around, this ball is perfect for the game I have.

Back