2016 Alberta Get Together.

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Okay guys rather than doing this through pm's let have a place to clear everything up. I know a few of you guys don't post often but lets try to get something set up.

So far RenRen and TedFroop are in Wpoz is questionable and I'm in. If anyone else from Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC or anywhere else want to join in I hope you add your name in here. I sent a pm to both pingman222 and Arwin so I hope we get a few new faces.

We need to set this up for July but I'm not sure what date works for you guys. It will have to be on a Saturday or Sunday for me.
The course will be around the Red Deer area. I haven't played any of these courses but personally I like the looks of RiverBend and of course Wolf Creek. I have to play both courses there at some point.

Innisfail http://www.innisfailgolf.ca/
River Bend (Red Deer) http://www.rbgra.ca/
Wolf Creek http://www.wolfcreekgolf.com/

Sunday July 17.
Wolf Creek
The Old Course
11:00 and 11:10
Both times are booked for 3 people if anyone else is coming we can all the course add them to the group.

I'm so excited to play this course and with a bunch of new guys. This is going to be awesome.

Last edited:
Depending on the day. I'd def try to make it out. My vote would be Wolf Creek.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Depending on the day. I'd def try to make it out. My vote would be Wolf Creek.

What dates work for you?

The 3rd, 10th or 17th will work for me. I need to know a couple weeks ahead so I can schedule for the day.

any of those days would work for me as well

I dont know my schedules off by heart but a weekend day should be a fairly safe bet for me at this point. I'll get a better idea tomorrow!

The 3rd, 10th or 17th will work for me. I need to know a couple weeks ahead so I can schedule for the day.

How about we go with the 17th.

What course is everyone favoring.

I can't believe I'm going to say this. It's nice to see a few more guys from the Edmonton area.

How about we go with the 17th.

What course is everyone favoring.

I can't believe I'm going to say this. It's nice to see a few more guys from the Edmonton area.

one of my friends is also on here too, dale4ace, he's not as active these days with his job. His gf is in calgary so he's always making trips down, i'm sure he would be interested in a red deer round though!

one of my friends is also on here too, dale4ace, he's not as active these days with his job. His gf is in calgary so he's always making trips down, i'm sure he would be interested in a red deer round though!

The more the better.

I love seeing Canadian get togethers, this one is a bit far for me, but I hope you guys ahve a great time!

I love seeing Canadian get togethers, this one is a bit far for me, but I hope you guys ahve a great time!

Can I bribe you with poutine? We have some great courses.

Can I bribe you with poutine? We have some great courses.

oh I'm sure you guys do have great courses, and poutine is always a great bribe, but a 37 hour drive is a bit much for a weekend ;)

oh I'm sure you guys do have great courses, and poutine is always a great bribe, but a 37 hour drive is a bit much for a weekend ;)

We have direct flights. I'll be your personal driver and pay for your golf.

I would really love to make it out to tee it up and just to drive through the area, but I don't know if I'd be able to swing the time off work, as I'd need pretty much a full travel day.

Have fun gents, and I'll be following along on the off chance I could make it happen :D

just throwing it out there, but i was just checking my membership area at EPGCC online and it says we could get reciprocals at a few courses, with red deer GCC included, and with the ability to host guests. It would be the guest rate which it looks like is $90. I'm not entirely sure if they'd let me host guests between 2 tee times, but if theres interest, i don't mind inquiring further about details about if that would work or not.

We have direct flights. I'll be your personal driver and pay for your golf.

I' d really like to share a round with his beefness some day, but I can't make it happen this summer. I'll let you know next time I go out west, and be sure to PM me if you ever come to Montreal.

and that goes for the rest of you guys too

if I lived a couple hours closer I would do it but 9-10 hours to drive to red deer for a round is just a tad crazy. I'd seize up

Any of the 3 days will work for me and I will attend for sure. Can't pass up the chance to see Scrap hole out from 100 yards yet again.

What dates work for you?
I was going to say the 16th or 23rd *might* work for me. But I will definitely try to make the 17th work

I was going to say the 16th or 23rd *might* work for me. But I will definitely try to make the 17th work

I hope you can make it.

I also like the idea of Red Deer GCC

OK. I got the green light for July 17th!

OK. I got the green light for July 17th!

Awesome. Love seeing this little group expanding.

11 hours or so on a drive for me eliminates me getting out there.

Have a blast guys, looking forward to seeing how your plans shape up!

just throwing it out there, but i was just checking my membership area at EPGCC online and it says we could get reciprocals at a few courses, with red deer GCC included, and with the ability to host guests. It would be the guest rate which it looks like is $90. I'm not entirely sure if they'd let me host guests between 2 tee times, but if theres interest, i don't mind inquiring further about details about if that would work or not.

I would say that is a little bit above my budget for the round. Wolf Creek is around the max I'd be looking to pay at $75 I'd say

Are carts mandatory at Wolf Creek? I think they also have an Aberta resident deal.

Back