2018 Player of the Year

So if Spieth makes the Career Grand Slam next weekend, that wouldn't put him in the running?

No because while it’s a major its his only win this year and 3 wins especially with a wgc trumps 1 win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No because while it’s a major its his only win this year and 3 wins especially with a wgc trumps 1 win

I don't know, man. That would be THE story. Time will tell, but I think someone said Majors mean more. And to make the Career Grand Slam...whoa.

I don't know, man. That would be THE story. Time will tell.

It’s a story about a career achievement. DJ has at least one win every year for 11 or 12 years now so by your thought process as long as he wins once a year every year he should be the lead candidate because nobody currently playing has done that

It’s a story about a career achievement. DJ has at least one win every year for 11 or 12 years now so by your thought process as long as he wins once a year every year he should be the lead candidate because nobody currently playing has done that

Alright. I see what you mean. Point taken.

JT - 17 events

3 wins
4 more top 10s
9 other top 25s
2 cuts
1 top 40 or worse

BW - 18 events

3 wins
3 other top 10s
1 other top 25
4 cuts
6 top 40s or worse

DJ - 14 events

3 wins
6 other top 10s
4 other top 25s
1 cut
1 top 40 or worse

Right now, I’d have JT ahead. Bubba’s wins are better than DJ’s (and perhaps a bit better than JT’s) but he has the missed cuts and poor finishes.

Still up in the air imo. If Bubba, DJ or JT win the PGA, they certainly have a big edge in the race. If Reed, Molinari or Keopka win the PGA, I would have to think 2 major would trump any other accomplishments.

Still up in the air imo. If Bubba, DJ or JT win the PGA, they certainly have a big edge in the race. If Reed, Molinari or Keopka win the PGA, I would have to think 2 major would trump any other accomplishments.

That’s along the lines of my thinking too. It’s about a 5-6 person race depending on how the season wraps up. No one currently has it set yet.

Before JT won this past weekend I'd say it was DJ and now it's closer, especially with a WGC event carrying more weight. I'm still going with DJ for now based on consistency including another top 3 at Firestone.
3 wins, 2 runner-ups, 2 3rds, 10 top 10s and 13 top 25s in 15 events.
He's been more consistent than JT.

Back