2018 Srixon AD333 Tour ball

thommo.sx

Frosty treacherous wretch
Reaction score
Handicap
The previous version of the AD333 Tour was essentially the same as the current (according to the Srixon US website) US Q-Star Tour. 75 compression, 324 dimples.

The 2018 version of the AD333 Tour over here was released a couple of months ago and now boasts a compression of 72 and 338 dimples. I played one this morning for the first time.

Same good spin and soft feel off the wedges, but a slightly louder click when putting than I recall from the old version of the ball. The only incongruity was that it was an audible click, but a soft feel through the hands. Previously I thought the AD333T felt closest all round to the 2017 Chromesoft for feel through the clubs. The slighty clickier feel off the putter of the new version was different from my recollection but not jarringly so, distance control was on a par with the 2017 CS which I played alongside for reference.

The 2018 AD333T performance was immediately familiar, a high and spinny launch without too much effort, and decent spin on landing, enough to check up both a 100 yard pitch and a lower 30 yard fizzy chip even on the hard and burnt conditions we've currently got over here.

If Srixon release this version next over there, I think QST aficionados will be very happy that it wasn't broken, and Srixon haven't fixed it.

Anyone else played the 2018 version yet?

Last edited:
Does it come in yellow?

Not so far, unfort. :sad:

The balls either side of it in the range (Z-Star above, AD333 Non-Tour below) are both available in Tour Yellow, and no sign of it on the UK Srixon website.

It doesn't necessarily follow that the US will get identical specs to what we have over here, though. Never say never.

Any sightings on a 2018 Q-star tour yet, chaps?

I'm curious as to whether you see the same specs as our 2018 AD333 Tour.

Any sightings on a 2018 Q-star tour yet, chaps?

I'm curious as to whether you see the same specs as our 2018 AD333 Tour.

Next month. I have them here but can’t discuss pre release equipment specs. We will have a full preview done though.

Next month. I have them here but can’t discuss pre release equipment specs. We will have a full preview done though.

Understood. Thanks, JB :good:

Yellow version this time ?

Back