2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid

It’s been awhile since I have been able to play but I was able to get out today. I only hit my Hybrids twice but each time I did the results were excellent. I am finding the Apex hybrids to be fade biased so I was setting up for the fade and hitting these nice penetrating 5 to 10 yard fades. These are not distance monsters for me but gap perfectly with the rest of my set.

Baby fades seem to be most common for me. Hit 4h off #1 last weekend since you flirt with a left FW bunker if you can't bomb a drive over it and water on the right...aimed at right edge of the FW bunker and faded nicely to the right a few yards. And then watched a couple playing partners push drivers into the pond on the right. #itsnotadriverhole Hahaha

I’ve had my og apex hybrid in the bag the last couple rounds and have hit it really well. Naturally that means I should probably give this one a try soon.

I’ve had my og apex hybrid in the bag the last couple rounds and have hit it really well. Naturally that means I should probably give this one a try soon.

Your math checks out with me

If you don't mind the slightly larger footprint - it's still fairly compact - I would say you'll like the performance of this one. Definitely more forgiving on mishits while still keeping that iron-like profile.

After struggling with mine early in the season it's really been performing well lately. It consistently produces a much more neutral shot shape than the og Apex for me. This one just wants to go straight where the previous model was a draw regardless what I tried to do.

It's still filling that long iron gap really well also. I've probably gained 5 yards over the previous model on well struck shots but the forgiveness has been impressive compared to the og.

The more I use these hybrids, the more I'm digging them. I've started playing for a slight fade and it's working out really well.

I need to get the Apex back in the bag. It went into timeout when my swing left me for a little bit but I’m ready to see it back on the course.

I need to get the Apex back in the bag. It went into timeout when my swing left me for a little bit but I’m ready to see it back on the course.

How does this gap into your F9 irons?

How does this gap into your F9 irons?

Decently well although I have to check if it is the 5 or 4 that it replaces. Realistically it doubles up in my bag in normal rounds on my home course (the 5 wood isn’t needed)

Hit 2H off the tee 3 times today. 219 onto the fairway, 221 to 10 yards left of the green on a par 3, and 189 (big uphill and a slight to the fairway. Very happy with those results. They course I played today was on the shorter side and next time I play it the 2H is going to be seeing more action off the tee.

Hit 2H off the tee 3 times today. 219 onto the fairway, 221 to 10 yards left of the green on a par 3, and 189 (big uphill and a slight to the fairway. Very happy with those results. They course I played today was on the shorter side and next time I play it the 2H is going to be seeing more action off the tee.

I remember your distance and power so I’m not surprised to hear the 2h is really good for you.

Range yesterday and put 8-10 balls in the air with the 4H. No problem moving the ball to the right and really just enjoyed the sound of a well struck shot. Had some toe hits that stayed right but were only maybe 15-20 yards shorter than my normal shot. Never been a big hybrid user off the tee, but want to incorporate this club more and think it can benefit me on the shorter holes where a good shot leaves me 100-120 to go. Really really love that this club doesn't hook for me as much as my old hybrid.

So I have ordered a flash 11 wood to replace the 4 H since I have just not been good with it at all, pulled it once today for a 200 yd shot on 18 to a front pin, absolutely smoked it of course to the back of the green in the air and stopped it.

Easily 215 carry, maybe it was not the club after all....

So I have ordered a flash 11 wood to replace the 4 H since I have just not been good with it at all, pulled it once today for a 200 yd shot on 18 to a front pin, absolutely smoked it of course to the back of the green in the air and stopped it.

Easily 215 carry, maybe it was not the club after all....

what shaft do you have in the 4h? i’d like to hit it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fuji tour spec Atmos blue 8S

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fuji tour spec Atmos blue 8S

ooooo that sounds nice

I wish it was more consistent for me, just never figured out how to use a hybrid correctly.

I wish it was more consistent for me, just never figured out how to use a hybrid correctly.

i heart hybrids. perfect par 5 layup clubs. and a little extra help for a tie par 4 where you should hit long iron, but can’t sacrifice too much distance on a mishit.

These clubs have been working well for me, both off the tee and from the fairway/rough. I had a shot in to a par 5 that I needed to get the ball through a pretty tight window, and I was able to trust they’d give me the flight I wanted. For a club as forgiving as these are, I love the feel as well. Just a nice, solid feeling.

I am certain it is my technique or lack of that is making me so bad with any hybrid not just this one and I been buying them since the TM rescue came out.

The only thing I did different on my shot yesterday was put the ball back a bit in my stance more than my normal position, so about right in the middle.

I am certain it is my technique or lack of that is making me so bad with any hybrid not just this one and I been buying them since the TM rescue came out.

The only thing I did different on my shot yesterday was put the ball back a bit in my stance more than my normal position, so about right in the middle.

That was a thing that changed hybrids for me - making sure I play them like irons, further back in my stance and make sure I hit down on the ball. I think that's also one of the reasons I strongly prefer the smaller headed hybrid shapes. They feel more like irons to me than the larger ones and reinforce that thought.

I've been playing these as slight fade clubs but today I hit a nice 4h with a slight draw, which was nice to see.

I've been playing these as slight fade clubs but today I hit a nice 4h with a slight draw, which was nice to see.

I just cannot tolerate hitting a fade, especially a "push-fade". I like the smaller head size of the '19 Apex hybrid but I am much preferring the results I get from the Big Bertha.

I just cannot tolerate hitting a fade, especially a "push-fade". I like the smaller head size of the '19 Apex hybrid but I am much preferring the results I get from the Big Bertha.

I've seen the push fade at times also which is a big adjustment for me. It actually put me in the drink during my last round. I was so used to a draw and missing left with the old model that it's taking time to adjust.

i took a handful of swings with jim54’s apex with fuji atmos blue 8s (don’t recall the loft). i really liked it. dispersion side to side was great, just a little fall off fade which is a flight i like in a hybrid. i still wish the size was just a little smaller, but i know it’s something i could get used to quickly. great club here!

Back