2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Anyone familiar with the Fujikura 85 graphite wedge shaft Callaway offers for this? I have the Recoil 460 shaft in my MD4 but I’m debating getting the PM grind in that shaft to replace my lob wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone familiar with the Fujikura 85 graphite wedge shaft Callaway offers for this? I have the Recoil 460 shaft in my MD4 but I’m debating getting the PM grind in that shaft to replace my lob wedge.

Not familiar with that shaft but why don’t you simply get the recoil in the PM Grind as well?

Damn ebay, just offered on a 64* and won..be here next Friday

Good luck getting a shaft you want -- have no idea why OEMs don't offer Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge in 115 shaft.... I'd pay $30 for an upcharge to replace the stock shaft. Titleist doesn't it offer it either ... What is wrong with these people!! (frustration)

Not familiar with that shaft but why don’t you simply get the recoil in the PM Grind as well?

I could but the Recoil 460 is a pretty light shaft and I might be interested in trying a slightly heavier graphite option.

That is why I was happy to buy cheap off ebay and put the shaft I want in it. Saves about $60 since I have the shaft in hand and do the work myself.

So hit a few green side bunkers today and the 58* is money out of the bunkers. Almost holed one out and it was like the club just scooped it out perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

soooooooft

will be putting one of these into play when available. pre-order today. 58/12, stock kbs high rev 2.0 115 shaft, mcc+4 green to match the accents. should be an interesting experiment.

will be putting one of these into play when available. pre-order today. 58/12, stock kbs high rev 2.0 115 shaft, mcc+4 green to match the accents. should be an interesting experiment.

Hope it treats you well. It’s been a great addition to almost everyone’s bag on Team THP. I know I am not giving up mine anytime soon.

I could but the Recoil 460 is a pretty light shaft and I might be interested in trying a slightly heavier graphite option.
Aerotech Steel Fiber i125cw. Keep this a secret. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anyone compare the to the TM Hi-Toe wedge? The original PM grind and I didn't get along well. The leading edge just didn't look right to me. Any shot that want a green side chip went high and right. I just wanted to align it with an open face all the time.

The Hi Toe seems to have a straighter leading edge. Is the new PM grind similar to the original in that regard?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone compare the to the TM Hi-Toe wedge? The original PM grind and I didn't get along well. The leading edge just didn't look right to me. Any shot that want a green side chip went high and right. I just wanted to align it with an open face all the time.

The Hi Toe seems to have a straighter leading edge. Is the new PM grind similar to the original in that regard?

I'd like to know this also......as well as how it compares to the MD4. I had a PM grind in the bag for a short while a little over a year ago, and I couldn't get used to the square face, full shots. Admittedly, I didn't give it a very long run, before switching to MD4's. And I really like my MD4's, but just reading about the PM 2.0's makes me think they should be even more versatile, and dare I say more forgiving.

The TM HiToe looks like it's somewhere in between the two. Definitely a bigger face, and obviously full face grooves, but it doesn't look quite so.....odd......as the PM grind.

So when I played the other day I hit a few greenside bunkers and the 58° is absolute money around the greens from bunkers. It was like I wasn't really even trying and it was just scooping the ball our just right and almost holed out on one of the shots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ordered a 58° today along with some ERC balls to try out.

I wish I could answer that but I've never hit the TaylorMade or even held one.

I'll tell you what though, hitting flop shots off the mat in the simulator is a whole lot of fun. I've never been able to do that before.

I’m not exactly sure what the grind is on the TM and it may be very close to the C grind on the PM 2.0. The possible advantage I see to the Callaway are the micro grooves that are square to the line when the club face is opened.

of my 2019 bag changes, this one will be the only club i’ve purchased with no testing. deep down i’m not convinced it will work for me, but i need a big shakeup in that spot and this is WAY out there. of the clubs i’m planning on gaming for 2019, this one is the most intriguing but also the biggest question mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

of my 2019 bag changes, this one will be the only club i’ve purchased with no testing. deep down i’m not convinced it will work for me, but i need a big shakeup in that spot and this is WAY out there. of the clubs i’m planning on gaming for 2019, this one is the most intriguing but also the biggest question mark.

Samesies.

My 60* last year wasn't especially bad, but according to Game Golf stats I'm leaving a lot of shots out there around the greens.

Picking up one of these is going to be a fun experiment if nothing else.

Samesies.

My 60* last year wasn't especially bad, but according to Game Golf stats I'm leaving a lot of shots out there around the greens.

Samesies for me as well. Probably pick one up without hitting it.
Just can't decided if I want to play 51* and 56* or 51*,54* and 58* and lose my 6i.

Samesies.

Just can't decided if I want to play 51* and 56* or 51*,54* and 58* and lose my 6i.

I hated the pm grind. Couldn’t hit it worth beans. The 2.0 has a better grind option coupled with the higher bounce that is just perfect for shot making around or near the greens. Think you’ll like it.

I am in the airport heading home and plan to get in a round tomorrow and Sat. I am going to play the 64 as is with the KBS shaft to start then most likely put the Catalyst in it.

last year i did pw-gw-52-56-60 for a little while. then i went pw-gw-56-60 and put another wood in the bag, and hit more partial shots with the gw. that worked out well, so i'll do that again with the apex 19. but to try to close that gap a little, i'm going with 54 md4 and 58 pm grind. i like the idea of using the 54 to cover a pretty big spread of yardages, then the pm as more of a specialty club around the greens.

Got home and opened the box, it is new but stock. It is about 1 1/4" shorter than what I play so I went ahead and pulled it and put my catalyst 100 shaft into it. Ready to roll now, it is big but cool looking.

Last edited:
**Skimmer Alert**
Answer is probably some where here but to those Grandaddy guys that got this wedge in Tour Grey, how is the finish holding up?

Back