2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

That's just down right Mean. :alien:

Got my 58° Tour Grey with the KBS Hi-REV 2.0 Black Shaft and it looks Phenomenal. I can’t photograph in a way to show how good it looks.

Should have bought a 54° the same way. Still might just on looks alone.

Last edited:
Anyone get a 54° or 56° PM Grind 19 that wished they got a MD4 instead?

Mark, I had the MD4 54* in the bag for months when they 1st came out. The PM 54* had potential to really be a lot easier to use and more versatile imo, granted it takes some getting used to looking down at the beast but wow when I do it right it works really well.
I need 4-5 more rounds to trust it fully since I tend to get steep and have layed the sod over a couple and with this sucker that is not exaggerating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm glad I did the 54 in it too. One thing you have to get used to with these is full shots bc if you are not careful they will go right under the ball but once you get used to full shots they are money on those shots as well. This may be me though. Any of the other Grandaddy guys want to chime in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got my 58° Tour Grey with the KBS Hi-REV 2.0 Black Shaft and it looks Phenomenal. I can’t photograph in a way to show how good it looks.

Should have bought a 54° the same way. Still might just on looks alone.

That sounds like a beautiful club!

I have the 56 PM19 but that is my lowest lofted wedge so I am very happy with it compared to having the MD4. I don’t plan on using it for full shots very often. At least not at this time. I would probably use a 56 MD4 for full shots the same amount as I would the PM19.

I haven't been able to swing a club for 3 weeks due to sore ribs, but I hit the range for a bit this morning and worked on wedge shots. First reaction to the PM 58*? Money. Now, it wasn't a ton of swings, and it was off the carpet (so much rain lately that the grass is closed). So it's not a huge sample size. But it was like throwing darts at any flag I wanted to, up to about 85 yards.

Mark, I had the MD4 54* in the bag for months when they 1st came out. The PM 54* had potential to really be a lot easier to use and more versatile imo, granted it takes some getting used to looking down at the beast but wow when I do it right it works really well.
I need 4-5 more rounds to trust it fully since I tend to get steep and have layed the sod over a couple and with this sucker that is not exaggerating.

Well 54* PM ordered! 1 session in the Dome with the 58* made it an easy decision.
They have nets out in the 25-35 yard range and I was banging in to the net or right next to them.
One thing I did notice is that I didn't hit the top of the dome, so that's good - Not to high.

You hit it right on Jim, it takes a little getting used to look down at it however once you get use to it, it does work well.

Got some additional distance out of it vs. the NL
In the 15 min I hit, the Grey finish held up without scratching.

I'm unbelievably excited to use this club this season! I've had some wedges that I really liked but I don't think I've ever had this kind of excitement or anticipation for a wedge.

I can’t wait to get mine in. All the positive feedback has be giddy to have these in the bag.

I have had my for a few weeks. It is a blast to play with and you can create a bunch of fun shots with it. The one thing to note is that if you are prone to digging at all, the leading edge can be very “grabby”. After spending some quality time practicing with it, you will get the hang of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had my for a few weeks. It is a blast to play with and you can create a bunch of fun shots with it. The one thing to note is that if you are prone to digging at all, the leading edge can be very “grabby”. After spending some quality time practicing with it, you will get the hang of it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you'll notice that Phil uses the bounce most of the time, not the leading edge.

Yep, I have been a leading edge chipper for ever and it bites me with this one every now and then, but do it right and it dances.

These wedges just continue to impress. The 56 is my favorite around the green. I actually look like I know what I am doing LOL. The 60 is for the sand only. Even off of some really tight low cut grass I can get the ball up on the green.

My 54 and 58 have shipped. Once again, should have them in hand Friday. If it gets up to 50 I’ll be taking them to the outdoor range to test out.

Took the 54 and 58 to get checked and they were both 1-1.5* flat and the 54 was at 53, 58 was spot on 58*.

So since I play then .75 over standard length I had him put them 1* up and back to standard loft. Looked much better to the eye, going to get a round in tomorrow and check them out. That may have had a bit to do with me digging them in being toe down for my upright swing.

Took the 54 and 58 to get checked and they were both 1-1.5* flat and the 54 was at 53, 58 was spot on 58*.

So since I play then .75 over standard length I had him put them 1* up and back to standard loft. Looked much better to the eye, going to get a round in tomorrow and check them out. That may have had a bit to do with me digging them in being toe down for my upright swing.

This is interesting. I normally go 1* flat on my irons but after getting the 54 and 60, they appear to be OK as is but I'll wait to hit them this weekend on a Sim.

This is interesting. I normally go 1* flat on my irons but after getting the 54 and 60, they appear to be OK as is but I'll wait to hit them this weekend on a Sim.
Don't go by me, I tend to do things a bit odd. I like all my wedges the same length except the 58 which is just a bit shorter 1/8".

58* will be in hand tomorrow night. If the weather holds up I’ll go to the short game area this weekend and test this one out.

58* will be in hand tomorrow night. If the weather holds up I’ll go to the short game area this weekend and test this one out.
Prepare yourself bro. It's addictive.

Yes! My 54 and 58 arrive tomorrow too. Hoping to hit a few chips this weekend as well.

I loved the OG version. If this one improves on it, the hcap might hit sub 10 this year.
I haven't come across anyone who was a fan of the original who hasn't been impressed with the improvements.

Prepare yourself bro. It's addictive.
What he said! Wait till you get practice in green side bunkers. It's like magic!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back