2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

That's one of my favorite pictures from the trip. It's such an unbelievable scene out there.
I'm not used to golfing on anything but courses with just flatness as far as the eye can see. Having mountains and hills like that in the backdrop are going to be a nice change of pace!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For any of you past participants was there anyone that was a super high spin player, and if so how did the fitter dial you in?

Im having big time spin issues, outside of getting the obvious lessons (which is in my GD prep) to help with AoA etc, so hoping to drop some significant spin.

thinking about hyrbrids right now

currently in-line for callaway is the apex and big bertha released last year, and now the epic flash released this year. i guess technically the rogue is still in-line. what more does the line need to round it out? you have the player's hybrid in the apex. the somewhat more distance-focused hybrid in the flash. and the super gi hybrid in the big bertha. i guess what i'm wondering is whether there is a need for another hybrid in the lineup? i don't feel like there is a need.

What's the speculation on irons? You guys thinking they'll roll with what's out there now? Refresh the Rogue? Refresh the X Forged?

Saw a new wedge on insta, so we know MD4 is getting replaced. Fitting that the Jaws picture got posted during shark week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling, the rouge line/spot will be what these guys/yall will be seeing :)

*feeling is just based off of timelines that they typically go on and that is really the only line that hasn't been updated recently

Last edited:
Told the guys who I played with today about grandaddy. (Goal accomplished ) They thought it was crazy that not just 1 or 2 guys get selected but 12!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a run through the site again and I'm not a shaft guru, but I know I play X now for spin/transition reasons and on the trend down probably back to stiff perhaps. There are just so many options to make your head spin, it will make it all the more easier to just run with whatever the fitter/data shows.

Driver
Epic Flash SZ 9 Deg. Diamana D+70 X
Why, because I got fit in this for the original epic but never pulled the trigger.

3w
Epic Flash SZ Diamana D+70 white X

3h
Epix Flash EvenFlow Black 85 x

Irons
Flash Forged 4-PW or Apex Forged - shaft TBD
Honestly. Not sure at all here. I did more research and I'm more confused then when I started. I could use a bit more distance in my irons and these look like they'd be at least a club longer, but not sure if that translates to a better option for me. Should be interesting. Playing dg x100 now.

Wedges
MD4 w grind aw, sw
PM grind. LW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I made a second pass after hitting the apex and epic forged and then also pretty much all the various competitors. Then decided to do some further research on the custom shaft catalog. I may have some(many) delusions of grandeur here, but that’s part of the fun, and to cut as much spin as possible in the process.

Updated:

Driver
Epic Flash 9 Deg Tensei Pro orange

3w
Epic Flash SZ EvenFlow Black 80 x

3h
Epix Flash EvenFlow Black 85 x

Irons
Flash Forged 4-PW or Apex Forged - TT DG X7 shafts. 1 deg up +1/2

Wedges
TBD refresh? aw, sw
PM grind. LW

Grips: Lamkin TS1 Midsize

This “G” never gets old.

f555ce1e2b6428af16af482be6f03425.jpg

2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

This thing we call The Grandaddy is such a hard experience to describe. If you allow it, it can change you for the better and not only improve your game with top notch equipment, but improve your life with great friendships.

The passion I have for this event is no secret and this weekend it was great to see that others recognize it and appreciate it. This team should be very proud of how they have engaged the community thus far. They should be excited that even though this community has so much awesome going on at any given time, this event is being followed closely by a lot of people.

The Lake Tahoe trip was a good way to recharge my batteries so that i can continue to help @McLovin lead this team, engage this community, and try to make this Grandaddy the one to remember for a long time.

Depending on the dates...we’re down to either 118 or 125 days till travel day!

Who’s freaking excited!?

Depending on the dates...we’re down to either 118 or 125 days till travel day!

Who’s freaking excited!?

So I can start packing?

current grandaddy team: do you guys have a shopping list yet?

past grandaddy teams: anything you wish you had bought before making the trip?

grandaddy team hopefuls: what would be on your shopping list if you got that coveted pm?

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear
vineyard vines long sleeve shirts
brooks brothers milano fit chinos
smathers & branson needlepoint belt

yep, i'm a douche. feel free to mock me.

grandaddy team hopefuls: what would be on your shopping list if you got that coveted pm?

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

giphy.gif

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

I plan on rolling with my current underwear line up. But, I will probably pick up a few pairs of shorts and pants. I don't have any black or navy shorts. Don't have any navy pants. Depending on what we decide, I will have to pick something up.

Hard question as a hopeful to answer haha. I guess I would probably buy some new pants (I’ve got plenty of shorts). Possibly new pair of shoes (golf and leisure wise as all I have really are tennis shoes and legit suit/dress shoes). Maybe a few new button ups for the evening wear as my current selection doesn’t fit quite right any more.

I have most of what else I would bring. Portable charger is a biggie.

Hard question as a hopeful to answer haha. I guess I would probably buy some new pants (I’ve got plenty of shorts). Possibly new pair of shoes (golf and leisure wise as all I have really are tennis shoes and legit suit/dress shoes). Maybe a few new button ups for the evening wear as my current selection doesn’t fit quite right any more.

I have most of what else I would bring. Portable charger is a biggie.

There you go. That's on my shopping list for sure. I will probably pick up a couple portable chargers. Forgot about that.

on my list currently is
golf pants
stance socks
2under underwear

Definitely more stance socks for me.

And let’s face it, I will prob buy 6 more pair of shoes before then.

Depending on what our decision on shorts / pants colors are, will snag some bonobos stuff.

1. Chapstick
2. Lip Balm
3. Carmex
4. Blistex
5. Chapstick

1. Chapstick
2. Lip Balm
3. Carmex
4. Blistex
5. Chapstick

Oh ya chapstick with spf is a must for any golf trip

Not that we've been made aware of yet.

It's typically in the first week to ten days of December.

1. Chapstick
2. Lip Balm
3. Carmex
4. Blistex
5. Chapstick

for all the smooching at the nest, i presume. or did you misspell valtrex?

Back