2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

The XV may be firmer, but the little added launch off longer clubs and a bit of extra spin off wedges puts me in the XV camp over the regular Z star. If you can compress the XV, I really think it's in that A+ tier with proV1, prov1x, and the tour B series.

Nice to see this thread bumped. I switched to the Z-Star last year and it’s comforting knowing what to expect from the ball on approaches and greenside. I don’t generate a lot of spin, pretty much stick N’ stop on approach shots but I’m more than happy with that.

I bought a used Z-star mix (Z-star and Z-star XV) and have been liking them so far. Slight preference to the Z-star XV as I think it goes a little further.

I recently bought 110 new Z-star XV balls on eBay and they instantly reminded me of why I loved them in the first place. #1 tee shot was a push fade, but instead of getting into the trees right of the fairway, the ball straightened up and fell in the right rough. #8 par-3, I over-cut my 4-iron and was thinking I'd miss the green right - nope, the ball fell straight and stayed on the green.

I've played 2 rounds now with the same 2 balls and they still look pretty good too.

Highly debating this or the Bridgestone for my next gamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found 2 boxes of the Z-Stars at Walmart on clearance Friday for $22 a dozen.

Still in the Z Star camp. I’ve been playing a couple other balls lately. When my swing is good those other balls perform well. When I’m off a bit not so much. The Z Star is just great every day for me.

I gave away my last dozen XV balls I bought during the BOGO. I love a lot of Srixon stuff, but couldn't find a golf ball of theirs that worked well for me.

For those with 100mph swing speeds. Which one are your typically gaming

Talking to them I think it's preference of ball flight and spin. Could be wrong but thats my recollection... You could play either, the reccomendation is z star but make sure you try both. I like xv better and I'm right around that.

Talking to them I think it's preference of ball flight and spin. Could be wrong but thats my recollection... You could play either, the reccomendation is z star but make sure you try both. I like xv better and I'm right around that.

See I always played regular whether it was ProV1, CS, etc. oddly I did a titleist fitting and they fit me to an X which shocked me. Never played an X before

See I always played regular whether it was ProV1, CS, etc. oddly I did a titleist fitting and they fit me to an X which shocked me. Never played an X before

Titleist switched the target market for each ball a few years ago. Originally the X was the slightly harder, lower trajectory/spin ball built for faster swing speeds. Now that is the ProV1 and the X launches higher, spins more and fits more regular golfers.

It threw me off because I wasn't really a ProV1 user and assumed their X model was similar to other lines. But the ProV1x ball performed better for me than anything else I tried.

Titleist switched the target market for each ball a few years ago. Originally the X was the slightly harder, lower trajectory/spin ball built for faster swing speeds. Now that is the ProV1 and the X launches higher, spins more and fits more regular golfers.

It threw me off because I wasn't really a ProV1 user and assumed their X model was similar to other lines. But the ProV1x ball performed better for me than anything else I tried.

I may wind up calling Srixon today. The price point of these along with the performance reviews really interests me

I play both at different times. Overall I really prefer the Z Star for my over all game. For me it just feels better and I prefer the flight I get.

Finally found the thread LOL!!!

Picked these up for the MC and beyond. Best balls for my game and the Cobra equipment I have in the bag right now.

E42AEB8E-4AED-4B2C-BA36-A85246E19124.jpeg
I think some of my MC teammates have some cool personalization on theres as well

@baylrballa
@e1iterate

Finally found the thread LOL!!!

Picked these up for the MC and beyond. Best balls for my game and the Cobra equipment I have in the bag right now.

View attachment 8966921
I think some of my MC teammates have some cool personalization on theres as well

@baylrballa
@e1iterate

Those look great, love the dice. I play more rounds with XV than just about anything... solid choice.

Might have to pickup a dozen each of Yellow Z-Star and XV for upcoming winter golf :unsure:

Back