2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Wife said nothing was delivered. No biggie....patience and a lot of other awesome to pay attention to from Bridgestone today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do the participants rate the areas of your game? Driver - Irons - Wedges - Putter

As of today; I'd say my game (strongest to weakest) is Putter - Wedges - Driver - Irons.

The new Bridgestone wedges look great. Excited to start hitting balls with them in ~57 days. As mentioned earlier, I have a thing for irons and hope we get a chance to try them on the range. Tour B X-CB or JGR HF2??? Ponder continues...

1. Driver-my greatest strength can become my biggest weakness if it’s a bad day though. My best chance for success in this area is being teamed up with someone that hits it straight, especially in a Shamble format. If I’m on, I can get it out there and give us good scoring chances, and can just let it rip if we’re already safe.

3a. Putter-I’m a decent putter if I know the general lines. I won’t at Firestone since I’ve never played there, and I’m not very good at reading greens. Since we’ll be playing our own ball presumably on the greens there’s no one that can complement me well, lol. Well maybe if I can get a partner that is consistently a foot behind me, ha.

3b. Irons-again length is my strength in this area. I also hit the ball very high, which isn’t so great if it’s windy but I have very little trouble holding a green with any iron. My 4i Epic iron is a howitzer, it’s easily 15 yards longer than my Vapor Speed that I hillbillied up a combo set out of. As such it’s my secondary tee option. If a hole isn’t suitable for me to hit driver, it’s not suitable for 3+w, and my 4i goes further than the 4h I carry.

4. Wedges. I’m just not very good here, but like the rest of my game I’m liable to look very good in this area.... if.... I play like I can. I just don’t do that with any consistency.

Most rounds I’ll hit a few shots where I’ll look like a plus, a few shots that I look like a 30, and a bunch in the middle.

But I can promise that I’m going to try and I’ll be a good teammate (by that I mean a fun guy to play a round with, we’ll see how the golf goes:)), and that I’ll represent THP to the best of my abilities, both during and after the event.

1. Driver-my greatest strength can become my biggest weakness if it’s a bad day though. My best chance for success in this area is being teamed up with someone that hits it straight, especially in a Shamble format. If I’m on, I can get it out there and give us good scoring chances, and can just let it rip if we’re already safe.

3a. Putter-I’m a decent putter if I know the general lines. I won’t at Firestone since I’ve never played there, and I’m not very good at reading greens. Since we’ll be playing our own ball presumably on the greens there’s no one that can complement me well, lol. Well maybe if I can get a partner that is consistently a foot behind me, ha.

3b. Irons-again length is my strength in this area. I also hit the ball very high, which isn’t so great if it’s windy but I have very little trouble holding a green with any iron. My 4i Epic iron is a howitzer, it’s easily 15 yards longer than my Vapor Speed that I hillbillied up a combo set out of. As such it’s my secondary tee option. If a hole isn’t suitable for me to hit driver, it’s not suitable for 3+w, and my 4i goes further than the 4h I carry.

4. Wedges. I’m just not very good here, but like the rest of my game I’m liable to look very good in this area.... if.... I play like I can. I just don’t do that with any consistency.

Most rounds I’ll hit a few shots where I’ll look like a plus, a few shots that I look like a 30, and a bunch in the middle.

But I can promise that I’m going to try and I’ll be a good teammate (by that I mean a fun guy to play a round with, we’ll see how the golf goes:)), and that I’ll represent THP to the best of my abilities, both during and after the event.

I hope we're paired together either as teammates or in the same foursome. I'd seriously like to see your game. A safe hunch says you can hit your 4i higher than my 7i. #HealthyEnvy!

Wife said nothing was delivered. No biggie....patience and a lot of other awesome to pay attention to from Bridgestone today!

Ditto for me and I may have checked twice. :D

I like Kev's club selection, but since we are dreaming maybe a couple of MB's at the bottom just for fun. Maybe PW-8 MB then 7-5 CB all adjusted strong a couple of deg.

Ah to dream

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Oh man you guys are going to love this event. Bridgestone is top notch and their people are extremely excited to get this event kicked off. Good luck though, they are all super good golfers! I’ll have some reviews coming of the equipment and golf balls coming soon!

Oh man you guys are going to love this event. Bridgestone is top notch and their people are extremely excited to get this event kicked off. Good luck though, they are all super good golfers! I’ll have some reviews coming of the equipment and golf balls coming soon!

I was already pretty excited but then yesterday happened. Really can’t wait. It’s going to be a blast

You're fitting was a great read and much like Nerdy_81 somehow I'm even more excited for July to roll around. Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience. That must have been amazing.

You're fitting was a great read and much like Nerdy_81 somehow I'm even more excited for July to roll around. Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience. That must have been amazing.

Just wait til the stuff arrives! You’ll get all kinds of pictures and reviews. Soo much swag I couldn’t bring it home on the plane with me!

Just wait til the stuff arrives! You’ll get all kinds of pictures and reviews. Soo much swag I couldn’t bring it home on the plane with me!

Awesome news. Trmpt98 stops by to blow the minds of 8 lucky THPers heading to the Bridgestone Champion at Firestone in July! Well done. I hope you realize I still need to get some work done today! :D

I was already pretty excited but then yesterday happened. Really can’t wait. It’s going to be a blast

You could have been gaming a set of awesome HF2 all this time yourself. Just sayin' :alien:

You could have been gaming a set of awesome HF2 all this time yourself. Just sayin' :alien:

This is true, but now I get to play an awesome course, hang out with more great people and then go out and earn them :victory:

Can't wait to see what THP and Bridgestone has in store for us. Whatever it is I am sure will be epic.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This has been amazing watching the B-Stone Fitting and getting notification for a BIG surprise box today! + as a new member intently following these guys that will surely make this even loads of fun!

I hope we're paired together either as teammates or in the same foursome. I'd seriously like to see your game. A safe hunch says you can hit your 4i higher than my 7i. #HealthyEnvy!

Works for me sir! I can also make my driver look like a lob wedge ?, lol. For appearance sake I’ll be bringing the only one I haven’t crowned, lol. Yet...

The game ain’t that great, the swing, well.... it’s unique.

Top position, I have flexibility for a for a fat dude:)

If you are in this event and have not read the Fit Like a Pro thread, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Followed it start to finish. Worked all day so I was behind so I don’t think I posted but maybe once? But from late plane that worked itself out to surprise ball, I was there. Just might have been behind a hair. Stupid work. :)

I have my guess too! I might have to race home when i get a delivery notification!

I'm not sure about you but my guess was wrong, and I'm totally ok with that. Very cool.

This has been amazing watching the B-Stone Fitting and getting notification for a BIG surprise box today! + as a new member intently following these guys that will surely make this even loads of fun!

I can’t remember if I had I set shipping to work or home??!? So I get two chances for surprises today:) But since I’ll be at work until 10p, home just before 11, it’s going to kill me if it doesn’t show up there. Whatever it might be...

I'm not sure about you but my guess was wrong, and I'm totally ok with that. Very cool.

Pretty neat surprise to just show up at my door. Can't wait for the others to get theirs so we can remind the forum, yet again, how awesome Bridgestone is.

Last edited:

That....annnnd getting the opportunity to earn a full bag of gear and give your honest feedback on it afterwards is basically priceless.

@smiter - that's an impressive yoga pose! LOL. I couldn’t get there.

This is the closest, at the top, picture I could find (mid iron).

83b71fb1e1c1f99d355e5525a5a1cdae.jpg

@smiter - that's an impressive yoga pose! LOL. I couldn’t get there.

This is the closest, at the top, picture I could find (mid iron).

83b71fb1e1c1f99d355e5525a5a1cdae.jpg

Lol! I swing all of em like that, Woods, irons, wedges, (and unfortunately) putter. Never knew how far back I went until someone took a video of me last season.

What I always though was my half swing with wedge is actually a normal full swing.

Benefits of a former long drive swing. You get the whole body involved, lol. For better or worse.

I just got my delivery. Thanks THP and Bridgestone!!!

Won’t spoil it but it was something that I didn’t have prior and IT IS AWESOME!!!!

It's a great day to be working from my home office because the UPS truck just dropped off a package! Thank you THP and Bridgestone Golf. I'm looking forward to using this amazing SWAG in 49 days!

Would anybody like to take a guess at the gift from THP and Bridgestone Golf? Great hint from Nerdy_81 in post #368.

Back