2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Whew. After today you’re the only one, lol. It was ugly and then it got worse.

But we’ll have fun! That much I have faith in!:)

PM me, we need to talk strategy (as in please, please!! save us, lol!).

All kidding aside, let’s have faith in each other and hopefully we’ll each bail each other out some. I played about as bad as I could today. But other than a chunk or two with new wedges I really wasn’t striking it bad. I flew a couple greens that left me dead for up and down due to redicluous pin positions. I know better than to go long on that course, but I also know better than to trust their yardage markers. They were just dead wrong a couple times. I lost interest (and stamina in a 5hr plus round) around the turn and hit several OOB-7 overall I think? To sum it up I played as bad as I possibly could. I didn’t make a putt over 10ft and I lipped about 4 out. Had 7 penalties (not all from the tee, 8i came apart-literally the head is loose-that cost me 2 before I realized it). It was ugly with a capital Fugly.

A cart with GPS. Boom!, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some days you just don't have it... Today was just over of those days...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Don’t sweat it man. You’ll be fine. Have fun and your game will show up when it needs to

A cart with GPS. Boom!, problem solved.

Ha! It is definitely helpful. I think the yardage markers on that course are designed to make most folks feel good about themselves.

I know how far I hit each club and even wind adjusted today wasn’t even close. It the local course that it’s the absolute worst to miss long on. I’d love to blame it on something other than bad marking but I can’t. I didn’t suddenly gain 15 yards of carry with short irons. I need to get a rangefinder.

I feel your pain or if directed towards me I humbly accept your sympathy. Mostly stayed in it mentally on the front, totally checked out on the back when I realized it just wasn’t happening.

I just lost so much distance through the bag between this year and last and I cannot figure it out...

Looking at the course layout, 7-11 could cause some heartburn.

Whew. After today you’re the only one, lol. It was ugly and then it got worse.

But we’ll have fun! That much I have faith in!:)

PM me, we need to talk strategy (as in please, please!! save us, lol!).

All kidding aside, let’s have faith in each other and hopefully we’ll each bail each other out some. I played about as bad as I could today. But other than a chunk or two with new wedges I really wasn’t striking it bad. I flew a couple greens that left me dead for up and down due to redicluous pin positions. I know better than to go long on that course, but I also know better than to trust their yardage markers. They were just dead wrong a couple times. I lost interest (and stamina in a 5hr plus round) around the turn and hit several OOB-7 overall I think? To sum it up I played as bad as I possibly could. I didn’t make a putt over 10ft and I lipped about 4 out. Had 7 penalties (not all from the tee, 8i came apart-literally the head is loose-that cost me 2 before I realized it). It was ugly with a capital Fugly.

No worries, we all have those days, my last round was a s*** show as well but the one before that descent. That could all change just picked up my new fitted irons today (i am sure that will solve all problems :wink:) and went to the range and hit them ok. Will need to put in some work and get the distances down with them. Going to be hot here in MN this weekend but am definitely going to get out and play. No doubt we will have fun no matter what. Don't think i will be able to save us but going to try my best play as well as i can, but that course looks like it will be real tough if not somewhat consistent.

I feel your pain or if directed towards me I humbly accept your sympathy. Mostly stayed in it mentally on the front, totally checked out on the back when I realized it just wasn’t happening.

I think we all know the feeling on both sides of the coin on this. I had both good and bad today, I think I’m going to switch back to my old irons to get through the event. The new shafts are harder to adjust to than I was expecting. Good news is I’m off next week so I’ll get a lot of practice in.

Looking at the course layout, 7-11 could cause some heartburn.

No freaking doubt. 8/9 are.....well they’re hard. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two weeks from today some of you degenerates will be arriving in #TheLand.......

Geez, 2-weeks.... gawd wasn’t this just announced... this will be awesome to follow!

My man! I hope to meet you at one someday.

I’m the meantime, let me know if you have a free Thursday sometime. We’re not that far apart if we meet middleish. Seen you were supposed to get on Oakmont a couple weeks ago, did that happen? Have you played there? That place scares me, lol. 7 penalty strokes today on an easy course. I’d have probably walked off by hole 8 there, ha. (Kidding, I’d see it through to the bitter end there en route to a 120+).

Be careful what you wish for with this guy...

Be careful what you wish for with this guy...

A little birdie ? told me that he’s a little bit ornery and that he got it from his uncle? It’s not been confirmed though. :)

First day giving these wedges a spin....
57e1563ac5e57b142abd09a8ba10f3cc.jpg

Very nice! It'll be interesting to hear what you think of them. I hope they treat you well, good shooting today!

Jealous... Was hoping to have these this weekend to practoce., Delivery scheduled today...is now delayed until July 1

Working on some preview stuff after a twitter conversation last night. Can the participants DM their current Caps?

Working on some preview stuff after a twitter conversation last night. Can the participants DM their current Caps?

Sent

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

A little birdie told me that he’s a little bit ornery and that he got it from his uncle? It’s not been confirmed though. :)

Okay you got me.... ornery is not a word I’d use for him... not a better dude around!

Also sent.

Done! I'm looking forward to learning how the Sport's Book interprets the data and sizes up the field.

Sent.

And who doesn't enjoy some friendly banter? :banana:

Got some practice in today but sheesh am I spraying the ball right. Blocks, pushes, slices just generally lousy swings lol. That being said I’m still pounding it and today was a bit of an anomaly over the last few weeks.

Short game was better than it has been of late which is a good sign as I used the new wedges for the first time. More to come on those in that thread. Overall a decent day of practice but I’ve got some work to do for certain.

Jealous... Was hoping to have these this weekend to practoce., Delivery scheduled today...is now delayed until July 1

Yikes! Your UPS guy must not like you. I tip mine every time he shows up with gear, lol. He’s got to the point where he just says “no, you didn’t get anything from Bridgestone today” when I first see him if he doesn’t come bearing gifts, lol.

He’s my favorite guy in the world when he’s bringing stuff, and I’m sure he sees the disappointment on my face when he isn’t bearing gifts, ha.

Back