2019 Toulon Putter Thread

I was tinkering around on the Toulon Garage tonight and was hoping you could make a center shaft Atlanta. Unfortunately it's not an option but I think that head would make for a great center shaft putter.

I was tinkering around on the Toulon Garage tonight and was hoping you could make a center shaft Atlanta. Unfortunately it's not an option but I think that head would make for a great center shaft putter.

I've been fiddling with my (near) CS bettinardi SS12 and I'd like to see this as an option as well. Don't know how big the market is for that, but I'd certainly entertain a look at one.

Very positive 1st round with the atlanta.
This putter is 3.8 loft and I suspect the lie is a bit upright. It is going to be real nice on fast greens, stayed online but I was short on quite a few on slow greens.

This color in the sun is gorgeous

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Throwing the Vegas in the bag for Men's League next week. Let's see how she does!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had 18 putts for the league 9 on Monday. No 4 putts but didn’t make any either. Granted, distance control was really good, and I still like the feel off the face. It also is easy to align. I just need to sink a couple of the make able 5-8 footers.

Got the Las Vegas out for a solid practice session this evening. The feel off the face is fantastic and shorter putts seem to just drop in. Still working on super long putts getting the distance dialed in but. Will be putting this in the bag for the weekend rounds.

Set-up and alignment to me is different than my SC long neck that I've used. I tried to set it and align it like my old club but I was consistently short on my putts, and when pressed for a firmer roll, I had a tendency to pull it some. My usual stance is kind of upright mainly because of the long neck of my old putter, but with the Columbus, I found out that I needed to be a little flat in my set-up. Once I figured that, my roll, distance control, and accuracy improved a lot. The feel off the face is more consistent, in terms of sound and softness. I really like this Columbus putter.

During my fitting, Scott Felix brought out his gamer putter and I was drooling over it.

ca6c44475a8b5675eeed5e0b70b98253.jpg

eea3546f368a6bd6d93d595facb78945.jpg

36cd3f439344573ef3d3fe27b21d3ba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 11 putts tonight on 9 with my first round out with the garage Toulon. Granted, my approach game was weak, so I had a lot of chips and short pitches up to greens..but I had a few really good 7-10 footers to save par and hold score. Shot +2

During my fitting, Scott Felix brought out his gamer putter and I was drooling over it.

ca6c44475a8b5675eeed5e0b70b98253.jpg

eea3546f368a6bd6d93d595facb78945.jpg

36cd3f439344573ef3d3fe27b21d3ba7.jpg

Hell yes, a mallet with a plumbers neck!!!!!! I want it.

I had 11 putts tonight on 9 with my first round out with the garage Toulon. Granted, my approach game was weak, so I had a lot of chips and short pitches up to greens..but I had a few really good 7-10 footers to save par and hold score. Shot +2

Dude I’m soooooo happy with my Las Vegas. Confidence is sky high and the distance control is silly. I had 31 putts on my round today and it’s been like that two rounds in a row now .

Dude I’m soooooo happy with my Las Vegas. Confidence is sky high and the distance control is silly. I had 31 putts on my round today and it’s been like that two rounds in a row now .

Toulon + stroke lab =

I can't honestly say I can feel any difference with the stroke lab shaft, it feels fine and rolls nice but I just don't feel any difference from any other shaft.

I can't honestly say I can feel any difference with the stroke lab shaft, it feels fine and rolls nice but I just don't feel any difference from any other shaft.

You mean off the Toulon milled face or just off a stroke lab putter period?

have you tried it with the odyssey putters? just seems to be a little more noticeable to me in those than the toulon. doesn’t honestly make sense, though.

fwiw, that atlanta you have may be one of the most beautiful mallet putters i’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the feel off the face, but I am a milled guy as a preference. I guess I expected to feel something different from the shaft and it just feels like any other putter shaft to me so far.

Not sure what I was expecting, but some light bulb moment that I was missing out on. It feels fine, don't get me wrong just normal...

You mean off the Toulon milled face or just off a stroke lab putter period?

I love the feel off the face, but I am a milled guy as a preference. I guess I expected to feel something different from the shaft and it just feels like any other putter shaft to me so far.

Not sure what I was expecting, but some light bulb moment that I was missing out on. It feels fine, don't get me wrong just normal...

I’ll have to go back and check what Toulon you have but what grip and weight do you have in the sole?

atlanta garage with a 20 gr weight and etched grip

Just went out into the club lab and put it on the SW scale, E1.5 @ 35"

Made a few setup changes, and I think I've worked out some of the issues I was having with the Las Vegas. It's a flow neck, and I think I was standing too close - more over the ball like I've tended to with a mallet in the past.

Set up a bit further away and stroke felt way more consistent, and I rolled the ball really well with the Toulon. Felt like the ball was starting on the line I wanted it to, which I'd been struggling with.

I don’t either. But I see results. So that’s all that matters to me

Found a SL Las Vegas for a steal on the bay and couldn't help myself. It should be here in time for this weekend's round. Will likely get put in immediately. Hoping I'll get the best of both of my current two favorites. The alignment of my O-Works Red #7 & the feel/roll I've been seeing with my Atlanta. Didn't feel a ton of difference in the Stroke Lab shaft in the store, but we'll see how it plays out on the course.

Rolled the Las Vegas tonight and she performed fairly well. Going to keep her in the bag for a bit. One of the guys I was paired with asked if he could take a practice swing with it and after he did he stated he could immediately tell a difference in the Strokelab technology.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sending my Columbus back for some needed repairs. Extending the length by 1", changing from a flat to std. lie, and a grip change. She will be back better than ever.

Got the delivery notification for my SL Vegas today... I know what I'll be doing when I get home!

Back