2020 Bettinardi BB Series and Inovai Putters

Picked up the Innovai 6.0 in heel shafted with hosel - very nice. But my Bett BB39 still worked better in comparison.

Queen B 10 looks good to me in current lineup.

I take that back - I like the Stock Studio 38.

To me, the Inovai 6.0 CTR is a unique, but remarkably feeling putter. I can’t remember a softer feeling non-insert putter. I have putted the very best in my life with center shafted putters, but have not gamed one for a long time. I have a stable of awesome putters, but this has become a hard ponder.

At PGASS today fondling clubs and this grabbed my eye.
IMG_20200311_120207483.jpg
IMG_20200311_120148303.jpg
IMG_20200311_120219061.jpg
Rolled really nice.

Also was glad to see the return of the BB1f.

At PGASS today fondling clubs and this grabbed my eye.
View attachment 8931302
View attachment 8931303
View attachment 8931304
Rolled really nice.

Also was glad to see the return of the BB1f.

For me, this putter may be like the woman you dated, but never expected to fall in love with and marry, but when you do, you wonder why you didn’t see the match sooner. This putter feels exceptional, so soft for a non-insert putter. Maybe it is because I find the sweet spot over and over, but I just love the feel. I really seem to hit my lines with it, too, but I always have when I find a center shafted putter that works for me.

Does the blue look better in person? I think black would have looked better

Does the blue look better in person? I think black would have looked better

Obviously, color preferences are subjective, but I think the blue looks amazing. To me, it’s a gorgeous line of putters.

The Inovai, center shafted putter has officially taken first position in my bag. I used it on some very challenging greens at Sand Hollow, after using another putter for a couple of rounds. The difference for me is significant. Most people would contend that a center shafted putter is less stable on misses, but I am hitting my lines over and over and the distance control has been superb. For some reason, center shafted putters and I have always gotten along well. I had 5 one putts today.

The putter feels great and I really like how it looks. I was not a fan of prior Inovai releases, but this one gets five stars from me.

Last edited:
I think if you took 100 people, who normally all putt with a heel shafted putter,
and had them putt with a center shafted putter for 18 holes, you would be surprised
by how many people would switch to that center shaft. I don't think most people
go into their golf shop and look to try a center shaft, but you get one into their hands
on a green, lts a whole different story.

I think if you took 100 people, who normally all putt with a heel shafted putter,
and had them putt with a center shafted putter for 18 holes, you would be surprised
go into their golf shop and look to try a center shaft, but you get one into their hands

Totally agree. (y)

I am hunkered down, but I called my local golf shop that carries Scotty's.
They have 12 for sale. 1 center shaft. So if the head doesn't appeal to your eye,
you're not even going to pick it up.

Does anyone know when Bettinardi will release their 2020 Hive Limited Edition putters?

What is the benefit of a center shaft putter? I have never tried one and really like the short slant toe hang mallets. What style of putting stroke do you think a center shaft helps the most?

Also, I currently use a spider x that I love but tempted to try one of these mainly out of boredom. I noticed their standard loft is 2* vs the 3* on the spider. What difference would that make? I know you can order these with different lofts but there must be a reason they picked 2* as standard. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Also, I currently use a spider x that I love but tempted to try one of these mainly out of boredom. I noticed their standard loft is 2* vs the 3* on the spider. What difference would that make? I know you can order these with different lofts but there must be a reason they picked 2* as standard. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Their are several factors here. Im sure thier will be additional responses. Loft is important, but their are other parts that are equally important.
If you have too little loft, you will drive the ball into the green. Too much loft and the ball will hop and skip. The right amount of loft will help
you get that smooth end over end roll. I think that a center shafted putter gives a person a better chance of achieving a center strike. If you are
familiar with "toe hang" that will factor into what may match up with your stroke also. Generally speaking, IMO, if you have a putter with a lot
of toe hang, i.e. if you balance your putter (down toward the neck) on a couple fingers and the toe hangs down toward 4~5 or 6 o'clock, a putter
with that toe hang would be better suited to a stroke that would resemble a swinging gate. Opens on the back stroke and then closes on your
forward swing. If you have a face balance putter, when you balance your putter, the face points horizontal/straight to the sky. IMO, that type of
putter works well if you have a straight back, straight thru stroke.

What is the benefit of a center shaft putter? I have never tried one and really like the short slant toe hang mallets. What style of putting stroke do you think a center shaft helps the most?

A center-shafted putter favors a straight back and straight forward kind of stroke. Ever since I picked up a Ping cs shafted putter over a year ago my putting has improved. My own believe is that it helps me get a good alignment with the hole.

Thanks for the reply, I definitely have found since using a toe hang mallet about 4 years ago my putting has improved. Every time I have tried a center shafted putter in a store I seem to pull them a bit? Regarding the loft, do you think it’s putter dependant?

Thanks for the reply, I definitely have found since using a toe hang mallet about 4 years ago my putting has improved. Every time I have tried a center shafted putter in a store I seem to pull them a bit? Regarding the loft, do you think it’s putter dependant?

It's a possibility. If these were normal times I would suggest you go and a putter fitting. It's the best way to get tuned in our your putting. (y)

It's a possibility. If these were normal times I would suggest you go and a putter fitting. It's the best way to get tuned in our your putting. (y)
Totally agree on the fitting but unfortunately where I live that is next to impossible. Regarding loft TM and Callaway are both 3* vs these being 2*

Went to Golf Headquarters in Louisville today to buy a putter for my birthday. Ended up with a BB8-W at 34". I tried several different putters including the Fastback and Squareback of the new Cameron solid milled line, but this putter was much heavier feeling than either of them. I really enjoyed that heavy feeling in a nearly blade looking putter. I got it out yesterday for a round in the afternoon and putted pretty well with it. I have never owned a Bettinardi, but I am very pleased with the construction and quality of the line.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I play out of Dallas TX and have the Inovai 6.0 at 72* lie angle and 4 degrees of loft. I hit this thing as hard as I can and it will barley go 40 feet. How far can you guys get yours to go? I am wondering if I need a heavier putter like a TM spider. I hope this is the best thread for this question. Thanks

The only thing I can say is that the FIT face is the culprit here, not the weight. My Studio Stock #2 has that face and on slowish green it needs a good whack to get to the hole. I think the FIT face is for fast greens.

Just switched from the INOVAI 6.0 back to the smaller, blade BB01 from 2019. For some reason I just couldn't get used to the INOVAI, although it is a monster from 5 feet.

(Yes, I went back to traditional from the Arm Lock I've been experimenting with. It's a process.)

Glad to know I’m not the only one. I wonder if I lower the loft to 2 degrees if that would help. My club champion fitting said I should use 4 so I don’t know

Has anybody played the spud neck version? Keep coming back to trying it out but can’t pull the trigger.

Back