What are you bouncing between for that slot

Update: I just got a new 4 wood that I am trying to fill that slot with. So I decided to experiment with a 4 hybrid that I gave up on last year. Those two will replace the 2 and 3 ironwoods for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goals for 2020:

Use Arccos Tracking for all rounds
Find gaps in the game
Break par
Compete in a CT state tournament

I had a two year plan and I am now at the beginning of year two. Long Story Short, I took up golf in 1999 with a passion and became a decent player Relatively quickly. I would compete locally in the years 2003-2015 in State Mid Ams, NYC Am, and various MGA tourns. Won a Long Island Golf Association tourn in 2015 (George Sands Invitational) despite fighting an ongoing illness. but the illness took its toll and I had to have Colon Re-section, and my weight ballooned (not entirely from the illness but I got lazy). I didn’t play golf for almost 3 years I sucked and didn’t have fun or the energy to get better so it wasn’t fun. I Still coached and worked with my juniors, but didn’t play. In mid 2018 I decided to get my act together and take care of my body. I dropped about 90-95 lbs by the middle of 2019. I also started playing golf again Last April. I played a few tournaments last season and was mostly unsuccessful (my first tee shot of my first tourn back last April went 2 feet)o_Oo_O. I ended up qualifying for the Bergen County Am In August and put a few other tournament scores up with. 7 in front. But not a succesful year at all. So end of last year I have carefully Looked at the areas I struggle and decided to address those both through equipment and aggressive refining of my swing (building a new swing for a body that was all arms because of my large mass).

So my goals are to improve my swing, and so far the changes I have made are beginning to show. (Thank you planemate),I want to improve driving accuracy and long irons (More greens). If I an achieve those two things it will be a successful 2020

Get under 20.

Heal my herniated discs in my back and get back to full swings.

Well getting a single digit handicap was my goal for this year. I can officially say I’m there! As of this morning according to Grint I have a 9.8 handicap!!!
The hard work and equipment tweaks are paying off. Now to stay there and have fun doing it! Who knows, maybe next year I’ll buy blades😂

1. Participate in a THP event/experience
2. Shoot par (18-holes)
3. Get to a single digit handicap
4. Play at least 5 new courses
5. Play in course championship
6. Play in state seniors championship
7. Learn how/when to trash talk (I really suck at this)

How is everyone doing with their goals this year? I achieved 3,4, and 5. I still have a shot at 2 — game feels close. 6 was COVID canceled. Gave up on 7. I’ll just stick with being an easy going nice guy. ;)

My goals for 2020:

Stay healthy
Play More
Enjoy every moment
Make more Birdies
Would like to possibly travel and enjoy a special experience

I’ve stayed healthy. I’m playing more - I joined a club this year. I’m enjoying it. I’m making my share of birdies. The last one is the only disappointment. My first THP Experience will not happen this year. I made, the difficult, but correct for me, decision to withdraw from my first THP Experience.

Thought I posted in here but doesn’t look like it.. definitely been accomplishing some goals though! Broke 100 and have played more golf than I have in my entire life!

well, no improvement on my handicap. So I’ll roll that goal over to 2021.

How is everyone doing with their goals this year? I achieved 3,4, and 5. I still have a shot at 2 — game feels close. 6 was COVID canceled. Gave up on 7. I’ll just stick with being an easy going nice guy. ;)

I have only achieved one. I had 25 putts in my round of 79. The others are a long shot, but the game is showing short bursts of good at times.

Figured I'd add to this a bit. I'm feeling good about my season coming up. I've already put up a 9 hole score of 38. That round ended up at 86, but I was only +3 for 14 of the holes. Just gotta eliminate those blow up holes.

So, for added goals, I'd like:

Penalties - Season average <1/round. (2019 average was 2/round)

Fairways - Season average of 55% (2019 average was 36%, I fought a two sided miss in 2019)

GIR - Season average of 8.5 (2019 average was 5.3)
What're your goals for you're golf game in 2020?

Mine?

Score - par for 18 holes (current best +4) and -3 for 9 holes (current best -2)

Fairways - 100% (current best 9/13)

GIR - 14 (current best 9/18)

Putts - 26 (current best 28, I think)

Handicap -> -5 (current best -8.3)

"My 2020 goals constantly change based on mood. Like right now I'm at the gym and it's reminding me that the only real goal should be to stay healthy. It starts and will stop there otherwise.

- Intermediate wedge improvement is always on the list. Wow - That's a big ole mission accomplished, but I still work on it a lot

- Find more people to golf with! I'm on a Midwestern island here. It's lonely! Lol - Have done, always looking for more though. There aren't THP'ers near me still.

- I'm hooked again, so I want to finish (tricky word) updating the rest of my gear. Tried not to go crazy with that my first year back playing. New set of irons and a custom fit putter are high on that sublist. - :unsure: I think my gear is pretty up to date :LOL::LOL:

- PRUDENCE. Start the year slow. Aside from getting hurt, it worked how I envisioned this year. Let it build, don't get ahead of myself, and play for the pinnacle. Playing again after all those years I went with the swing that worked for my body as it is now. Pushed it a little bit and had a setback. Didn't put me back in the hospital for a month and a half (thanks for that ^), but it wasn't awesome and I'm not back to where I was prior to it. I couldn't really push through the ball or finish my rotation and follow through before, and it's worse now. So I'm going to break it down a bit to start the year and try to gain some of that back. Strive for more, but know when to quit if it's going to make anything worse, physically. I really feel like I'm limited by my current swing, but if it's all I can ultimately do, I need to try remember that it's still pretty darn good. So quit dreaming and fix that wedge game!

wrote that last part just for me" Dude, I need to talk like that to myself more often!

Later post:
"Stay healthy - mostly, encourage others to play more heck yes, HIO No 😢, dominate play the club tournaments weird year for that stuff, but mostly did where I could, mix it up with different courses check, see my wife break 50 for 9 holes double check, stick with changes even if the scores aren't as good yeah, did that to start the year and things came together - always value the experience over the results" try to .

Dang. I think I've had a real good year. :love:

1. drive straight (or at least stay on the fairway) for 70% of my tee shots. Check('ish)...not quite 70% ;)

2. stop drawing my irons :/ I had stopped this for a bit...was it really ever a draw? :ROFLMAO::banghead:

3. stay under 100 consistently. Check

4. as said above, keep it fun. for the most part, check. seeking constant improvement sometimes takes the joy out of just playing

1. Take a few more lessons
2. Get together with a few more THPers (either an event or just on a weekend trip)
3. Stay in single digits for HC and work to get it lower.
4. Have fun and enjoy the game and THP.

I didn't get to do the lessons scheduled, instructor cancelled because of covid and refunded fees.
I have managed to get together with a couple THPers from Witchita. They aren't active on forum but nice guys. Played a lot of rounds with @shanewu and his dad this year. Was also able to get together with @JMB3 and @radiman for some fun golf.
I have managed to stay in single digits and it was able to travel better this year. Had some rounds that where nowhere close though. :oops:

I think #4 is the biggest one though. I have had some of the best times on the course this year playing and telling the Grandaddy story and something I will continue to do. Can't thank THP and Callaway enough for what was given to me. Blessed. (y)

Hopefully is next year works out, I will be making a trip north to Montana to golf with @GoldenBuff

I had a two year plan and I am now at the beginning of year two. Long Story Short, I took up golf in 1999 with a passion and became a decent player Relatively quickly. I would compete locally in the years 2003-2015 in State Mid Ams, NYC Am, and various MGA tourns. Won a Long Island Golf Association tourn in 2015 (George Sands Invitational) despite fighting an ongoing illness. but the illness took its toll and I had to have Colon Re-section, and my weight ballooned (not entirely from the illness but I got lazy). I didn’t play golf for almost 3 years I sucked and didn’t have fun or the energy to get better so it wasn’t fun. I Still coached and worked with my juniors, but didn’t play. In mid 2018 I decided to get my act together and take care of my body. I dropped about 90-95 lbs by the middle of 2019. I also started playing golf again Last April. I played a few tournaments last season and was mostly unsuccessful (my first tee shot of my first tourn back last April went 2 feet)o_Oo_O. I ended up qualifying for the Bergen County Am In August and put a few other tournament scores up with. 7 in front. But not a succesful year at all. So end of last year I have carefully Looked at the areas I struggle and decided to address those both through equipment and aggressive refining of my swing (building a new swing for a body that was all arms because of my large mass).

So my goals are to improve my swing, and so far the changes I have made are beginning to show. (Thank you planemate),I want to improve driving accuracy and long irons (More greens). If I an achieve those two things it will be a successful 2020
Someone liked this post today and it appeared on my alerts. I forgot I wrote this 6 months ago. Very happy to report that I achieved the goals I set for myself this season. I improved my driving accuracy greatly (thanks SIM..lol, and I recently dialed in my SIM 3 wood so that its been a straight low/mid trajectory machine). I also improved long irons, to the best I have hit them in my career. Still not as good as I would like, but big improvement. Overall I dropped my index by close to 75% (mid 4 to Sub 1.5), and my stroke average for the season became much more consistent (stroke average dropped to 76 for the season, and the majority of my rounds 40/75 have been at Bethpage, mostly the red course, but Black and Green mixed in). Many of the tournamentsI would of played in were cancelled, but I had a good showing in the tourns and qualifiers I was able to play in. I Still have two left, Long Island Golf Assoc MId-AM and George Sands Invitational.

My goals for 2020 would be

1. Stay healthy
2. Shoot under par (best this year was a 73)
2. Get my cap to sub 3.
3. HIO
4. Play more courses other than my home course.
5. Start tracking my game to see areas for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this didn’t go as planned

1. Pulled another rib muscle missed 3 weeks
2. Shot my best ever 1 under 71.
2. Got it down to 3.3 before it ticked back up to 4.
3. Nope
4. Played some but not nearly enough.
5. Tried Arccos but hated it.

Sat down with a coach in May and June and established that this year I would gain distance, hit more greens and break 80.... 1 and 3 are there, would like to be a bit more accurate on approaches through the fall golf season.

Pondering where I can take my game... obviously breaking 80s more often

So, other than the rounds I'll play in SC and/or GA between the 23rd and 2021, my season is over. I had earlier listed my 2020 goals (shown below).

Penalties - Season average <1/round. (2019 average was 2/round)

Fairways - Season average of 55% (2019 average was 36%, I fought a two sided miss in 2019)

GIR - Season average of 8.5 (2019 average was 5.3)

Score - par for 18 holes (current best +4) and -3 for 9 holes (current best -2)

Fairways - 100% (current best 9/13)

GIR - 14 (current best 9/18)

Putts - 26 (current best 28, I think)

Handicap -> -5 (current best -8.3)
The only thing I accomplished was the putts. I had 25 putts in my round of 79. It was my only sub-80 round this year, but the differential was my best ever.

Back