2022/2023 Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadrunner

Okay, just one more Transfusion…
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Preseason matches are starting for European clubs, and PSG just started off with a bang by sacking Mauricio Pochettino. PSG won the league this past season, but that loss in the Champions League semifinals to Real Madrid after leading 2-0 at halftime in the second leg was his downfall.

Some decent names moving around. Man City stocking the shelves with some good players. I am curious to see how the Ronaldo situation plays out bc IMO he is not a central figure for any team. I would like to see Sterling at Chelsea and I think this year I will follow Leeds a lot closer with Marsh and the two young Americans playing for them

While I am sad to see Richy go, Spurs clearly have no clue what money is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Richy ahead of Son & Kane? Bench stacking for CL?

That being said, we need to shore up a whole field of positions.

Arsenal made a couple decent signings, doubt they do anything with it but hey they can make a deep Europa run maybe.

I'd like Leeds to stay up again this year.

Marsh is already looking at poaching from RB Leipzeg, so another American in the league will do so much for the game here.
Arsenal has an American goalkeeper now. Matt Turner

But he won't be starting regular, it's great tho. Need more kiwi's in the league as well.
He should get plenty of burn in Europa and Leno most likely leaving.

Phila Union are having a good run again this year while Sporting KC have slid to near irrelevancy outside of the US Open Cup. Meanwhile things are looking up for Newcastle for no reason whatsoever other than the homegrown talent they’ve managed to develop…

******* legend! DOOOOOOOP

Great run, pass, and finish! I ❤ Bedoya!

Oh we’re gonna need a clip of that second goal. 2-0 Union!!!

Arsenal preseason struggled with a 2nd division bundesliga team 🤦‍♂️

Phila Union are having a good run again this year while Sporting KC have slid to near irrelevancy outside of the US Open Cup. Meanwhile things are looking up for Newcastle for no reason whatsoever other than the homegrown talent they’ve managed to develop…
SKC is really hurting the multi-team season long bet I have with a friend. Although to be fair, FC Cincinnati is overperforming expectations.

That’s a pair of braces in the first 36 for the Union, it’s 4-0! 😁

Oh my goodness it’s 5-0 at the half.

I am curious to see how the Ronaldo situation plays out bc IMO he is not a central figure for any team.
I read a couple of articles on The Athletic the other day about what a bad fit he is for ten Hag’s system and what a bad he was at the time. Of course, without him, does United score enough to even finish top 10 last year. Such a badly managed side.

Bahaha to make it 6-0!!

It’s now 7-0 after Carranza nets his hat trick :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back