2023 NCAA Wrestling Championships Viral Moment

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
3x NCAA National Champion Spencer Lee of Iowa got caught during the semifinal and his mother’s reaction was recorded. One interesting note, Lee’s mother went to the Olympics in Judo as an alternate.

Wrestling moms are built different. My grandson wrestler for a year at the age of 8 and the moms were way more intense than the dads.

Kids these days… interesting note, there were two wrestlers attempting to become 4x NCAA champions and while Spencer Lee was upset, Yianni Diakomihalis was successful in his bid to become the 5th wrestler to clinch his fourth NCAA title.

@Jman word out of Chapel Hill is Coleman Scott is leaving to go back to Oklahoma State as Associate Head Coach. I'm guessing he's the next guy after John Smith.

@Jman word out of Chapel Hill is Coleman Scott is leaving to go back to Oklahoma State as Associate Head Coach. I'm guessing he's the next guy after John Smith.
I figured it would end up him or Esposito

Esposito took a job as a coach with USA Wrestling.
Doesn't mean he wouldn't take that job though.

They need to do SOMETHING planning wise. I think the biggest thing is even though he is one of the best to ever do it, as a competitor and coach, he may not connect as much with HS kids recruiting wise now. They should be better than they have been.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't take that job though.

They need to do SOMETHING planning wise. I think the biggest thing is even though he is one of the best to ever do it, as a competitor and coach, he may not connect as much with HS kids recruiting wise now. They should be better than they have been.

Penn State and Iowa have a stranglehold on recruiting.

Back