2023 Three goals thread

Pharaoh

🌹Grandaddy X 🌹 #TeamLegacy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s all make three goals this year related to our love of golf 🙂

1. Bring my wedge play closer to my other game. Way too many strokes left out there

2. Top 3 in an amateur tour event for my division

3. Play tougher courses. I want to add some real tough courses. Can’t travel excessively this year due to new job but maybe 2-3 real tough ones

HM: Play with lots more THPers. This one comes down to schedules and availability so something possible or not possible.

We can track throughout the year how people are doing on their goals!

1. Enjoy golf. It's meant to be fun.
2. Practice little bits.
3. Don't buy any more clubs.

Hope everyone has a great golfing 2023!

2. Practice little bits.

I love 1 and 2 here. Very much.
But I’m going to try to actually set I goal I can keep
So….
3: get a driver. Maybe get fit. And learn how to hit it. The 14th spot should be filled with a driver this year.

Last edited:
I'll add a cheeky 4th - get the driver more consistent.

1) Improve my swing dynamics at impact to lower my launch angle by 2-3 degrees at impact with my irons ( hit the ball to high of a flight window )
2) Figure out my soft ground/mud pitching/chipping issues ( lose 2-4 strokes a round on wet/soft conditions )
3) Play consistently and well enough to hit a new personal low handicap.

Bonus:
- Win at least 3 tournaments this year

1. Improve focus on course.
2. Improve fitness and health.
3. Increase accuracy off the tee.

1. Avoid the blowup holes
2. chipping proximity
3. 2 or less lost balls per round

2. Practice little bits.

3 is a horrible goal to set 😉🤣

Oh @odom730 just made me think of one more which probably should have been #1. Stop breaking myself. 🤪🤪

1) keep handicap under 10
2) try not miss greens inside 125
3) play more than last year - 55 rounds

I have one simple goal. Get to a single digit handicap. I was a 13.0 and it's crept up to a 14.8 as of late. I am going through some swing changes so there is some serious consistency issues but I feel confident.

1. Fix my swing length. The John Daly look is getting old and it’s inconsistent and shorter.
2. Play with THPers. It’s fun.
3. Drop my cap. I want to be in the 12s this year, but I’ll be satisfied with a 2 point drop to a 15.4.

1. Practice more.
2. Maybe take some lessons (see #1 and also how/if play improves.
2a. Work on swing to increase distance on drives.
3. Play more

1. Win my club championship
2. Get to scratch
3. Hit 1 drive with 172 ball speed (2022 PGA Tour average)

1. Improve my wedge game
2. Improve my driver accuracy
3. Have fun with my son at the range/course

1. Buy lots of cool, expensive, unnecessary putter covers.
2. Buy lots of cool, expensive, unnecessary golf clothes.
3. Have lots of cool, unnecessary stuff to take to Ballyhack in May. And buy cool stuff there.

In all seriousness (although that list is serious), I want to get my swing speed up with the driver. I think the Paradym can get me some different numbers. I also want to walk more. I did yesterday and really enjoyed it.

1. Continue to enjoy time on course with my son
2. Find out my actual handicap
3. Play a more control game, attack the hole when warranted, but not try to out-drive others in my group by swinging out of my shoes when 240-250 would be smarter play for my game! This one will be a work in progress! 😁👍

Improve putting
Play at least 50 rounds
Handicap to 5

Let’s all make three goals this year related to our love of golf 🙂

1. Bring my wedge play closer to my other game. Way too many strokes left out there

2. Top 3 in an amateur tour event for my division

3. Play tougher courses. I want to add some real tough courses. Can’t travel excessively this year due to new job but maybe 2-3 real tough ones

HM: Play with lots more THPers. This one comes down to schedules and availability so something possible or not possible.

We can track throughout the year how people are doing on their goals!

I love #2 in your list. Never expected I would love competitive golf so much. It's a completely different game. I very much want to improve how I play in those events. This year I am entering one or both of the state's mid-amateur and senior amateur tournaments. I would be thrilled beyond measure to place top 25 in either.

1. Improve health and fitness
  2. Regain some swing speed
  3. Dramatic short game improvement. Inside 100 yards.

Back