2023 Titleist U505 and T200 Utility Irons

Thinking this T200 might just kick out the one in my bag from 2018!

Still early but all indications point in this direction.

Played today and used it on some P4's and was just glorious. The distance and control is good with a touch of forgiveness on those not so good swings :ROFLMAO:

Had a long blind approach on the longest P5 at this course. Just took off on a great line and elevated over some trees. Couldn't see it but the guys I was playing had laid up further up and yelled it was on the green! Don't mind the 4putt that followed 😔. The P5 greens are diabolical at this course. Can't really see the madness of the green as it's behind me where the flag was. 3 different crests and they always put it on them. Today it was in the intersection of all three.

Looking back from my ball, you can see the trees I went over just to the left of them.
View attachment 9218734

It felt good all day aside from a couple toe hits that HURT! They still went down the entended line but obviously much shorter, yet fairway playable.

Inside I was joyous and not really letting on how much fun this club is. What really made my day was the guys saying this T200 2I is a weapon in my hands. It really felt good that others were seeing it and not just in my minds eye.

Looking forward to playing the same course again tomorrow and see how things play out.
Have you played a hybrid in the 2i slot prior to this? I am curious to see how the T200 utility stacks up against a hybrid. I like my current 21° hybrid, but since adding the T200 4i utility to my bag and hitting it so well, I am wondering if a 2i would be a better club.

I am hitting the 4i so well I want to add the 2.

Have you played a hybrid in the 2i slot prior to this? I am curious to see how the T200 utility stacks up against a hybrid. I like my current 21° hybrid, but since adding the T200 4i utility to my bag and hitting it so well, I am wondering if a 2i would be a better club.
This club is more of a 3W slot for me.

Hybrids get up too high for me and can get over to the left side too much. I don't think it would be a metal replacement as they probably don't elevate as well off the deck. Tee would be okay, but definitely one of the clubs that is golfer dependent and can vary exponentially at this spot.

I know your getting along with them so see if you can find one at a lower loft at a local shop? Compare it to your hybrid side by side?

They are fun!

Im still thinking of adding one of these in the 2 spot.

I am seriously contemplating a T200U to fit in between my 6 iron and my 21* UW. My 6 iron is super good, but my 5 iron is not gapping quite the way that I want. I have tried a hybrid and it just hasn’t worked out. I am thinking the 23* T200U, one degree weak, may be just the ticket.

Order placed.

So, the T200U arrived today. For those who may not remember my iron setup from the T100/150/200 thread, I have a blended set of T150/200 irons. The T150 cover the pw to 7i. My 6 iron is a T200. My 6 iron is my 185 yard club. I have been struggling to find that 195 yard club. The T200 5 iron did not gap for me. I tried a couple of different hybrids and didn’t love what I was getting. I finally decided to order the T200U in 23*, with the same graphite shaft that my irons have except that my iron shafts weigh just under 90 grams and I thought I would order the utility iron in the 75 gram offering. I thought that with a slightly stronger loft than the 5 iron, a bit more length and a little lighter shaft, the utility iron my gap for me.

It worked like a charm. The gapping is perfect, at least according to TrackMan this evening. The T200U felt great. I was able to repeat solid delivery to the ball. I was seeing around 195 yard carry, with good stopping power. I am pretty excited because this has been a difficult spot in the bag to fill. I think that I now have my distances all the way of to 210 yards gapping quite well.

IMG_6380.jpegIMG_6381.jpeg

I was looking at my TrackMan data with this club more closely. 95’ peak height. 44* descent angle. These are perfect numbers for me for this spot in the bag. I couldn’t be more elated.

Really enjoy my T200 4 and 3 iron utility builds. The speed and peak heights are fun for me, a guy that struggles with peak height and spin.

Really enjoy my T200 4 and 3 iron utility builds. The speed and peak heights are fun for me, a guy that struggles with peak height and spin.
I was struggling to find something that really worked for me in that spot in the bag. I tried multiple hybrids and I could never zero them in. I was skeptical regarding whether I could elevate a utility iron high enough, but this one is amazing. Spin of 4000, smash factor of 1.48 and the dispersion was fantastic. It is going to be really fun to have more confidence on those 195-ish yard shots.

Last edited:
I was struggling to find something that really worked for me in that spot in the bag. I tried multiple hybrids and I could never zero them in. I was skeptical regarding whether I could elevate a utility iron high enough, but this one is amazing. Spin of 4000, smash factor of 1.48 and the dispersion was fantastic. It is going to be really fun to have more confidence on those 195-ish yard shots.
I loved hitting them at the Titleist event. The 3 iron was fun off the short par 4 tees. I have not hit a 3 iron in years.

Love hearing about the success of the long irons for people. The options for builds and adding graphite shafts for utility builds really puts these long irons back into players hands.

Gapping at the top of the bag is tough and getting extra out of your 5, 4, and 3 to line up with your mid irons makes these clubs a great fit.

I need to try a 3i utility build at some point. Playing into the wind puts the long irons into play more and they have become favorite clubs to hit.

I honestly did not think that I would be hitting a utility iron at this stage of my golf life. This T200U is a revelation. I was playing a sim round today and had about 200 into the green for my second shot on a par 5. I hit the T200U and it felt very comfortable making that 200 yard shot with it. I was fortunate enough to hit the green and two putt for a par.

IMG_6386.png

After searching for a year for a club to fit that 195 yard spot in the bag, I think that I may have found it. This 200U did exactly what I wanted today. It was plenty easy to hit off of the turf, although the ball flight is very penetrating. Off the tee, I can elevated it very nicely, so it is fantastic for long par 3s. To me, it feels as easy to hit as my 6 iron. I am really pleased with it and am glad to have finally found something that works and inspires confidence.

The T200 U is such a pretty club. I remember demoing the previous offering and really loving the feel and flight it was giving me. I really need to get out and give this one a try, as well as its gorgeous iron siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 200U might even be a little longer than I thought outside on a real course. I was hitting what I thought was a safe layup yesterday, only to find myself in the bunker because the club went 15 yards further than expected.

IMG_6430.png

I’ve got the U505 in a 2 iron and it is a beast. I honestly didn’t like past generations of the titleist driving irons but this one is so easy to hit. The fitter the second he saw me said that I was done playing a hybrid. This was an easy add to bag decision. 245 yard rockets with a ton of forgiveness.

There's nothing better than pulling a 3 Iron after everyone else has hit Driver 😉. The Ball flights on U's are always fun to watch, not to mention being 4th to hit after Tee shot.

The T200U has been almost transformative in allowing me to play a couple of the long par 3s on my local courses with more confidence. The par 3 pictured below is a hole that I bogey well more than 50% of the time. It plays about 195 to 200 yards uphill a little bit. It is near the end of a course that I walk and it has a lot of elevation change, so I am usually feeling a bit stiff and tired by the time I get to this hole (number 16). Today, it was a tap in par for me. I am so pleased with this club and how it fits into my bag.

IMG_6607.png

Last edited:
Granted, 195 would be my U85 5 Iron but I have no business even trying a Par 3 at that distance with my skill level. Kudos on that Par on such a long Hole.

I have not updated in this thread since getting the T200 U 2i in the bag. I have used in for 5 rounds and love what it does for my game. It provides a more constant flight than a hybrid and does not balloon or pop up. The 2i flies lower than my old hybrid, by about a third. I am more confident hitting less than driver on windy rounds when fairways are tight. Even on miss hits, I am not penalized by much, where as a hybrid could travel half or less of my desired distance. I am only losing 20 yards on bad shots with the 2i.

The biggest help is that I am always hitting an iron rather than hitting a wood, or a hybrid, or an iron for different shots. The consistent club type has helped and the forgiveness of these long irons is incredible.

The only con? All of my head covers for hybrids are sitting idle :p

Back