2024 Driver Market: Which One Do You Want?

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's pretend money is no object and you can get any manufacturer's current newest model driver. Now that we've seen what most everyone has to offer, which would you choose and why? Also get specific don't just give the manufacturer, give the specific make and model you want and how it will match your game.

Heart says AI Smoke Triple Diamond. Second is the Cobra Darkspeed LS Third is AI Smoke Max (this is the smartest and most likely choice for my bag this season)

:cobra:Darkspeed X 10.5, paired with an AD-DI. @OldandStiff would have to just keep the zesty trajectory music on repeat.

just added a triple d to the cart, pondering

going to get fitted for QI tomorrow

I want to try the Callaway AI Smoke MAX and the Darkspeed Max either 10.5 or 12 turned down to 11, I sometimes miss a few fairways so i need something i can rely on

Based on reading all of the information released thus far, I want to try the Darkspeed X 10.5 first and foremost.

Let's pretend money is no object and you can get any manufacturer's current newest model driver. Now that we've seen what most everyone has to offer, which would you choose and why? Also get specific don't just give the manufacturer, give the specific make and model you want and how it will match your game.
You and I started essentially the same thread, LOL.

I am still torn, partly because I love what I have so much and none of the OEMs is offering the precise shaft that is my current favorite. I also do not see one that is grabbing my attention the most. I would love to try all of the new ones.

That being said, I think I might choose the Qi10 LS, 10.5, with a Ventus TR 5s.

Yeah maybe a mod can merge? @jdtox??
You and I started essentially the same thread, LOL.

I am still torn, partly because I love what I have so much and none of the OEMs is offering the precise shaft that is my current favorite. I also do not see one that is grabbing my attention the most. I would love to try all of the new ones.

That being said, I think I might choose the Qi10 LS, 10.5, with a Ventus TR 5s.

the 2 that are calling out for me to go hit them are the AI Smoke 3D and the Darkspeed LS I doubt either is the right driver for my game but they are getting the first right of refusal.

This morning I ordered the AI Smoke MAX, 10.5* with the HZRDUS RDX Red 60g 6.0. It's going to the be perfect combo for me. I've been using this shaft the past couple of years and it works. With that said, if money wasn't an issue I would have ordered it with the Ventus Red shaft. If I was buying just the driver I would have done that but I also bought the Smoke MAX 3wd and a Paradym 3SH, all with the HZRDUS RDX Red shafts.

Darkspeed - it's sexy and I've pretty much always had Cobra drivers because they simply work for me. I've had the OG ZL, ZLE, F7, F9, and LTDx (current). Darkspeed is likely next.

Second choice would be Paradym Smoke. The rest of the bag is Paradym and the tech is pretty damn interesting.

Third would be the Qi10. First TM driver I've seen in a long time that really catches my eye.

I’m putting Darkspeed and AI Smoke in a head to head fight and the winner is in the bag.

i don’t see myself changing this year. i’ll be keeping a close eye on what titleist does, though.

I have a couple thoughts.

i don’t see myself changing this year. i’ll be keeping a close eye on what titleist does, though.
This is me, in reality. I know my swing well enough by now. I can’t imagine anything being any better than my TSR3 with how I have it set up.

Cobra Darkspeed Max 10.5 degree with Lin-Q Red in regular flex.

Aerojet Max has been great for me this year, Cobra making improvements on it with Darkspeed is something I want to try out.

Qi10 or AI Smoke.

I’m super jacked to test the Mizuno ST Max 230 in 10.5° lofted down one dash. As a guy needing spin, the Max line-up has my attention from driver right thru to hybrids.

I'd go TD+ or TDS, both will probably never see retail. I just love the smaller head shape compared to retail version.

Want? Ai Smoke TD heavy weight back with a LinQ Black, Lamkin ST Hybrid +2 midsize grip, extra weight in the head split to give me a safe spin number. I need the extra weight so I can feel the head. I feel like around an extra 2 points from stock is a good starting point. The Paradym TD has given me my PB longest drive 3 times on the number last year. Ball go far. It’s also increased FIR by about 7%. I like the shape, I like the deep face, I like the accuracy, I love the distance. If money’s no object, give me the best fitting to absolutely dial everything in on an Ai Smoke TD.

In reality it’ll probably be the Ai Smoke Max. Comfort and safety and hopefully no more low spin hooks.

Back