NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

I'm sorry to hear this, as someone who suffers from anxiety on the daily I know how much it can have an impact on everything. I hope you're able to manage it or even conquer it.
I appreciate you. I think it was a consequence of how much it meant to me and this entire community. Fortunately, I don't experience anything similar to what I had then very often (only a couple times a year when my customer or the sales team I work with gets unreasonable at work during an outage type event).

Yes, I would change some things.

The big thing for me would be related to mental prep: I never considered myself as someone who could have anxiety, but I experienced some new-to-me type of overwhelm during the Grandaddy in 2018. Looking back, I now call it anxiety to have a label for it, and it impacted my energy, my appetite, and my health. I hope I hid it well since I didn't want to impact anyone else's experience. Anyway, I would work on that big time, so I could be more relaxed and more myself. It meant (and means) the world to me, but I would have to find a way to be more present in the moment and not worried about what's next, am I doing enough, etc.

The other part of mental prep I'd focus on is attitude. Positivity, optimism, encouragement, resilience -- not just in words but in actions and non-verbals (tone, facial expressions, etc).

There may be other things, but these are biggies that always come up for me.
FWIW, you were one of the rock stars of that team. You absolutely took it all in, looked like you were enjoying yourself and honestly I had no idea you were dealing with that and I feel like that’s a miss on my part. We had a mission to laugh way more than we stayed silent and I feel like you were THE driver of that.

FWIW, you were one of the rock stars of that team. You absolutely took it all in, looked like you were enjoying yourself and honestly I had no idea you were dealing with that and I feel like that’s a miss on my part. We had a mission to laugh way more than we stayed silent and I feel like you were THE driver of that.
That means a lot, Phil. Thank you. 👊 Definitely not a miss on your part. It was way worse in the morning and in between activities when you wouldn't have been around me. It sounds silly but not having a proper appetite for sliders still pisses me off. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Overall, I’m truly quite honored to be the last one. Unless it’s leaving because of something I did 😅

It's probably because you rocked the hell out of being the AssCap and no one would ever come close to doing what you did. They are probably doing everyone a favor by taking this position away so that no one has to worry about doing good enough. I know I've thought many times that if I were to of been selected that I don't know if could have done it. I would honestly be too concerned that I would let the team down and not do a good job like you did. The position ended at the right time with the best to have done it.

I don't take this change as meaning the AssCap is permanently gone. All we know so far is the role is gone this year. They could always bring it back. Hell, no one guessed this change so good luck with your assumptions! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Overall, I’m truly quite honored to be the last one. Unless it’s leaving because of something I did 😅

Honestly you took every iteration of the position and elevated it. I could tell you saw what was done right and you saw what could be improved and improved it. We all feel like we did well but watching you I had a lot of “ah hah” moments that I wish would have hit me during my time. Maybe it could have helped me message better and have different outcomes.

You being the last one is fitting on so many levels and a positive thing in my book.
#LLTG #IYKYK

The first announcement:
It’s coming back for year 11

The second:
A returning player as Captain

Some absolute bangers to start out and I cannot wait to see the next announcements
Crazy to the there are what? 110-120 people that could be thinking they have a shot at returning.

Crazy to the there are what? 110-120 people that could be thinking they have a shot at returning.
Much smaller subset that meet the criteria. Unfortunately there are some alums who are no longer around so the total dwindles pretty quickly when you look at the criteria JB and Finley have put in place.

Much smaller subset that meet the criteria. Unfortunately there are some alums who are no longer around so the total dwindles pretty quickly when you look at the criteria JB and Finley have put in place.
my mind went racing so I went to go do an unscientific rundown of who could be picked. Like you said, sadly the number is lower than I thought given who is active and still present on THP.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four
I’m here for it.

Yeah I know there are many of those but man. Think that there are potentially even that many to have a second chance!! Who doesn’t get jazzed!!

Last edited:
I love the change! Always looking to make this event bigger and better. This will be extra responsibility for the captain as our asscap was fantastic but bringing back a veteran will give the best of both worlds. I am looking forward to rooting team THP on again!! Let's go!!!

It was awesome when we won in 2016. It felt like there was a wave of excitement up until the end. A competitive Granddaddy is great for everyone.

Some of the more recent teams though did a much better job than we did with the post event engagement and that is a bummer. I know life gets in the way and all. I wish more of the team stuck around.

It was awesome when we won in 2016. It felt like there was a wave of excitement up until the end. A competitive Granddaddy is great for everyone.

Some of the more recent teams though did a much better job than we did with the post event engagement and that is a bummer. I know life gets in the way and all. I wish more of the team stuck around.
The same can be said for every team bro. This is year 11. I’m happy to still be able to talk to those still here and I try never to judge because there were times I was absent as well.

That’s a big announcement, and I like the change. A captain with Grandaddy experience is going to be very valuable!

Always a good follow!

The same can be said for every team bro. This is year 11. I’m happy to still be able to talk to those still here and I try never to judge because there were times I was absent as well.
I think there is some nuance to that discussion as there is a difference between life happening and disappearing as soon as the event is over.

I think there is some nuance to that discussion as there is a difference between life happening and disappearing as soon as the event is over.
That I can agree with

Back