2024 NCAA Wrestling National Championships

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
The wrestling national championships just started. Not many big stories this year compared to the past. Who’s watching?

I live and work amongst Penn Staters so i hear about it whether or not i want to. WVU has a handful so I will follow them.

I hope Trent Hidlay from NC State can finally break through and win a national championship.

Carter Starocci, a 3x national champion, is a 9th seed?! Three national champions in the top half of the bracket! 😳

Let's go Lehigh!

1711045595114.png

Half Baked Boo GIF

Tomorrow morning is gonna be nuts!

IMG_2073.png

I hope Trent Hidlay from NC State can finally break through and win a national championship.
Not gonna happen. Best wrestler in country is same weight. Huge year for Penn State.

Carter Starocci, a 3x national champion, is a 9th seed?! Three national champions in the top half of the bracket! 😳
Carter got injured last match of year so took two inj losses in Big 10 Champ. So he got one of the passes into Nationals because he didn't earn it in Big 10. If you go to Flowresting he was #1 PFP in country. And 5 of top 15 PFP are Penn Staters

Just reviewed latest and Hidlay is #3 PFP in NCAA But Aaron Brooks also at 197 is #1 PFP. Pound for pound rates all wrestlers. Note Brooks/Hidlay will be best match for sure. Brooks also wrestles extensuvely is the worlds and was world champ at weight class this year. Just bad luck having one of best ever as Brooks going for 4th NCAA championsship.

Just reviewed latest and Hidlay is #3 PFP in NCAA But Aaron Brooks also at 197 is #1 PFP. Pound for pound rates all wrestlers. Note Brooks/Hidlay will be best match for sure. Brooks also wrestles extensuvely is the worlds and was world champ at weight class this year. Just bad luck having one of best ever as Brooks going for 4th NCAA championsship.
Hidlay was a world champ last year too.

Dang! Starocci vs Lewis was a snooze fest. Lewis froze.

Hidlay was a world champ last year too.
April 13th I'll slide thru Wilmywood and we can play. Hidlay beats Brooks I'll pick it up. Brooks wins You got it. If either doesn't make final other wins.

Finals will start at Heavyweights, so Brooks vs Hidlay will be last!

One down 5 to go. We are.

Hidlay just bad luck Brooks moved up to 197.

Penn State breaks the National Championship scoring record with 172.5 points! The 1997 Iowa team held the record with 170 points.

Back