4 Club Tournament

4 clubs is interesting as it makes it a close call to use a putter where 3 clubs is no brainer not to use, and 5 is probably use. I can putt fine with a wedge so I wouldn't use one and on long putts a hybrid will be fine.

I go 3w, 4h, 8i, gw I think

Putter.
Lowest lofted wedge I am comfortable using out of a bunker.
My iron which lets me reach the longest par 3.
The lowest lofted wood I'm confident hitting off the deck.

3h (19*) 7i PW Putter

I could be tempted to drop the putter for a 58* wedge - I'm fine with putting with either my 3h or the 58

Driver, 7 iron, SW, putter: have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 clubs is interesting as it makes it a close call to use a putter where 3 clubs is no brainer not to use, and 5 is probably use. I can putt fine with a wedge so I wouldn't use one and on long putts a hybrid will be fine.

I go 3w, 4h, 8i, gw I think

That's interesting. I thought about not using a putter. But the greens we play on are fast and there's not a flat surface on them. I don't know what would be more of a hit... having one less full swing club in the bag and having a few extra chip shots, or having an extra swinging club and having a few (hopefully just a few) extra putts. :D

That's interesting. I thought about not using a putter. But the greens we play on are fast and there's not a flat surface on them. I don't know what would be more of a hit... having one less full swing club in the bag and having a few extra chip shots, or having an extra swinging club and having a few (hopefully just a few) extra putts. :D

Honestly the faster the better using a bladed wedge to putt. Spend 15 minutes on it and you might find it is easy. Either way you can make a case for a 4 club event using or not using a putter.

putter, sw, 7i, hybo

5W - 5h - 9i - 54*

I can putt with 5h

I would take 3h (215), 7i (165), PW (135), and putter.

3 wood, 7 iron, 50* wedge, and putter

Back