56 Degree
Putter

5w
5i
7i
9i
Pw
Putter

I think I'd rather be a little club heavy down low. 5w is plenty off the tees for me in a limited club situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver
4 Hybrid
7 iron
9 iron
50 degree wedge
58 degree wedge
Putter

My 7 I could take to any course would be:

5w
6i
7i
8i
PW
Putter

Out of my current bag...

Driver
5w
6i
8i
PW
putter

3W
5-7-9-A
Putter

If I'm playing my home course it would be
Driver
4 iron
7 iron
9 iron
50*
54*
Putter

That might seem a little unbalanced for just any course but for my home course it would be just about perfect (assuming the driver was working for me that day).

If the par 5 plays into the wind, I'd take:

Driver
5wd
6i
8i
PW
SW
Putter

If the par 5 does not play into the wind, I'd take:

3wd
6i
8i
PW
GW
SW
Putter

I would likely swap the LW in for the GW or SW if the bunkers are hard packed.

5 wood
4h
8h
9i
56*
Putter

I also play the same course all the time and enjoy walking with just 7 clubs in a Sunday bag to mix it up a little, its actually really fun. My choices are Driver, 4 hybrid, 6i, 8i, Pw, Sw, putter. I basically shoot the same scores with my full set as i do with the half set.

I also play the same course all the time and enjoy walking with just 7 clubs in a Sunday bag to mix it up a little, its actually really fun. My choices are Driver, 4 hybrid, 6i, 8i, Pw, Sw, putter. I basically shoot the same scores with my full set as i do with the half set.

I think it's very common that you would find yourself shooting about the same score. I played one nine hole round this year with just 5 clubs (Driver, 4h, 7i, PW and putter). I shot two stokes higher than I did the week before when I had 14 clubs. I faced two shots where the hybrid was too much club and the 7 was not enough. But other than that I relied on half to 3/4 shots and I fortunately avoided hitting into sand traps.

It can not only be fun to carry significantly fewer clubs, it can also force you to learn how to hit half and 3/4 shots.

I play on the same course quite a bit so to mix it up lately I’m going out with only 7 clubs. I have to hit different shots that way, which is fun, plus the bag is lighter.

Course is 9 holes. 2 par 3s, 4 par 4s under 325y, one 480y par 5.

I chose:

Driver
5i
7i
9i
50 degree
54 degree
Putter

3-wood
4i
6i
8i
PW 44*
SW54*
Putter

On just about any course, I'd go with something like:

Dr
3W
5h
7i
9i
56*
P

I play on the same course quite a bit so to mix it up lately I’m going out with only 7 clubs. I have to hit different shots that way, which is fun, plus the bag is lighter.

Course is 9 holes. 2 par 3s, 4 par 4s under 325y, one 480y par 5.

I chose:

Driver
5i
7i
9i
50 degree
54 degree
Putter
5W
5H
7I
9I
PW
58*
Putter

5 Wood
5 Iron
7 Iron
9 Iron
Set Gap Wedge
56° Wedge
Double Wide

3w
4h
6i
8i
Pw
Putter

Hybrid, 6, 7, 8, 9, sand wedge, putter.

Playing my "home course", I'd look at the bottom of my bag and work my way up ...

1. Putter
2. 56
3. 52
4. PW
5. 9i
6. 7i
7. 5h

I can get away with higher lofted clubs as this course plays relatively short, and the 5h is a very accurate club for me. I'd rather play further away from the pin, but solidly in the fairway.

My choices would be

Driver
5 hybrid
7 iron
9 iron
PW
54 wedge
putter

3-wood
4 iron
6 iron
8 iron