I remember this exact shot from Raspberry in the late Summer. It lead to a tap in birdie I believe....Should have been an eagle if I remember correctly.

You are correct good sir! You have a good memory. I believe it was less than a revolution away from going in the hole. Gotta like those!

For me that is a 9:00 54* wedge with a standard stance. I don't really try to adjust trajectory or use different clubs since it is a pretty stock shot for how my clubs are setup.

Probably one of the few strengths I have in golf. If there is nothing to carry, I like hitting a low spinner with my 54'. If it's a tucked pin over a hazard, bunker etc, I'll hit a 3/4 lob wedge. If the pin is in the back, also not afraid to hit a low punch with a gap wedge and let it roll to the pin. Lots of ways to skin a cat...

75 yards is a laid off sand wedge for me. Normally that 56 degrees carries me to 85 or so, but just a little less clock and I can hit 75 pretty consistently.

Depending on how high I want to hit it or how I need to stop it, I'll hit either a 3/4 swing 60 or a little less than 3/4 swing 56.

Full 60* PM wedge, bump and run with a 50* or a 54* back in my stance, picked clean, 1/2 swing

has to do this exact yardage over a tall willow today

56 wedge, 3/4 swing, full acceleration, dead hands at impact, ball hit and stopped dead 4 feet from the pin

This is one of my favorite distances. It really depends where the flag is. If it's tucked, I will play it high with my 58* sm6. If the pins in the middle, I will use my 54* open it up a bit and have it check hard. If it's windy....I will play my 50*, choke down weight 60/40 on my left, ball back in the stance and play a knock down wedge.

Like I said...so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately it's been a 3/4 gap (50*) wedge. Dropping them in short and letting them roll out a bit. Less precision needed that way. If I'm feeling really on, I'll do more like a 90% effort on a 54 degree. And super confident a full on 58. I've not been Playing the pin seeker game lately though. Just playing for pars mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it is protected I'm the 48 degree wedge guy, even 9 iron. Keep it low, get it too the green and roll it. Otherwise its a 52 or 56 depending on position of the protection, elevation and pin placement.

My 58 is about 80 yards, I would just take a full swing with that watch it fly high and ideally be somewhere near the pin.

Back