9-9:30am is the best tee time

I'll vote for 10:00-10:30 am.... Gives you a better chance of hitting Happy Hour after the round.

Teeing off that late cuts into my afternoon nap. :LOL:

I hate getting up early, but I love teeing off at first light, especially during the summer. Give me the zero-dark thirty tee time, I'll have a ball in the air as soon as it's light enough for me to be able to see it!

From a morning timing and weather point, I completely agree. But the round is probably going to take close to 5 hours unfortunately.

6am because the temps are still below 100 now. No pace issues and back in time for work.

On the weekends maybe 7ish so I can grab an early lunch at the course.

My body wakes up ready for action still so no need for an extra time frame to loosen up.
those calves can step out of bed at 3 am and carry 290 :cool:

Dawn:30.

I’m pretty close to there with you. I think 10ish is just about right.

I don’t care the time just as long as I’m first!!!! I’ll tee off in the dark if I have to

I'd love to agree with you, but when I'm up at 6:00 anyways having to kill two-plus hours seems wasteful. Plus other people would be ahead of me on the course and they could be slow. On the flip side the grass wouldn't be as wet, but good shoes and a towel take care of that. It cuts into my afternoon napping time though.

8:00-9:00 is my ideal window. Most of the dew is clearing out or has already. Still get out in front of the weekend warriors who are still in bed. Can grab a bit to eat after the round

Anytime I can get out is my ideal time.

However, the earlier the better for me.

I like that 830 to 9 time frame. Puts me done around noon

9:30, or better earlier, is fine in warm weather but in the fall when dew gets a drop bag wet a little later in morning, about 11 and still getting done under 3 hours.

When I was younger the earlier the better. Now that I'm in my 60s the Asthma as a Child is kicking me in the Lungs. Even ignoring that, Old people want heat to keep everything loose so a 1pm Tee time works for me. That leaves early Tee times for you young Wippersnappers. 😀

Nope. Best time is 3pm. Courses are usually mostly empty. It's after the hottest part of the day. And it's early enough to be out ahead of leagues and finish before dark except at the extreme beginning and end of the season. Caveats being that I usually only play 9 holes, and I get out of work at 2:30.

Nope. Best time is 3pm. Courses are usually mostly empty. It's after the hottest part of the day. And it's early enough to be out ahead of leagues and finish before dark except at the extreme beginning and end of the season. Caveats being that I usually only play 9 holes, and I get out of work at 2:30.
3pm is a VERY SOLID tee time. I've been able to snag that a few times when I'm off work or my boss encourages me to leave the office and decompress for a couple of hours.

Late afternoon……after all you guys are done with your all day traffic jam. Course is cleared out…. It’s quiet……no zillions of people scurrying around. Just me and the course. I hear the birds, one with nature…..so peaceful.

I’m right there with you. 9-9:30 is perfect for breakfast, warmup, and out of there early enough to enjoy the rest of the day

If I’m picking and it’s a “special round” it’s 10:00AM, stop for a dog at the turn, home for something on the grill and mass quantities of alcohol.

Back