A club that you wish you still had?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
Anyone really miss an old club? Perhaps traded it in, sold it, lost it, gave it away, broke it?

2 for me... A Ping G2 putter I had as a teenager. I'm struggling with putting at the moment and would love to have it back perhaps to rekindle the decent stroke I used to have?!

The other is a Taylormade R580 XD driver I used to have. 8 degrees of loft, tour stiff shaft. My God it was a beast. When you caught it right it produced jaw dropping results. When you didn't catch it right... well... you can guess. I'd love to have another hit of it!

My set of Honma 747V. I still measure so many things with other clubs against them, but it's harder with them no longer being here. Those ticked so many boxes for me. Guy I sold them to loves them, but.. grrr.

My set of Honma 747V. I still measure so many things with other clubs against them, but it's harder with them no longer being here. Those ticked so many boxes for me. Guy I sold them to loves them, but.. grrr.
I'd not heard of that model but just looked them up and they look unreal :oops:😁

Odyssey 2-Ball center shaft putter I used in high school. Ended up buying one on eBay several years later, but it just wasn't the same. They are pretty tough to find in left-handed.

Odyssey 2-Ball center shaft putter I used in high school. Ended up buying one on eBay several years later, but it just wasn't the same. They are pretty tough to find in left-handed.
That is an obscure club, especially left handed!

Titleist PT15 3W. It is still the best 3W I've ever had. Unfortunately, the shaft snapped and, despite 5 or 6 different shafts, I was never able to recapture the performance from that club.

Ping Anser 5 Putter. A long neck Anser. Misplaced it back in 2006 and replaced with a conventional Anser. But it wasn't the same for me.

Titleist PT15 3W. It is still the best 3W I've ever had. Unfortunately, the shaft snapped and, despite 5 or 6 different shafts, I was never able to recapture the performance from that club.
Wow that's an old one :D. I have a Callaway X 5 wood in the bag from 2006 and I dread anything happening to it. I try new fairway woods all the time and just cannot match it. I'd have no fairway wood game without that club!

None for me! Now I’m not someone who upgrades every year, or at least I wasn’t before joining THP... but I typically keep my old clubs until I’ve adjusted to my new ones. I don’t often impulse buy clubs without research, so I’ve been lucky not to regret moving on from old clubs.

None for me! Now I’m not someone who upgrades every year, or at least I wasn’t before joining THP... but I typically keep my old clubs until I’ve adjusted to my new ones. I don’t often impulse buy clubs without research, so I’ve been lucky not to regret moving on from old clubs.

Well that's very sensible :ROFLMAO:. I need to learn from you on this one!

Nike Sasquatch..something about the sound..
Like grinding gears on a manual transmission...:eek:

Well that's very sensible :ROFLMAO:. I need to learn from you on this one!
That was pre-THP me. I think he is truly dead and gone :LOL:. But today’s equipment is so good and so customizable, hopefully I can stay on the no regrets path!

Nope. All of the clubs I had that are gone were crap. :ROFLMAO:

Nike Sasquatch..something about the sound..
Like grinding gears on a manual transmission...:eek:
I've not hit one for a decade. But I can still hear it now :oops:.

Mainly for sentimental value, but I wish I had my old Nike CPR 2s.... Those were the first set of iron's I bought from my own money after getting my first job in high school. I loved those things. Came in drunk from the course my senior year of college, left them on the porch, and then decided to throw a party that night that ended up being a big one. They (along with all the other clubs) were gone the next morning :(. I put a lot of work in with those clubs.

I wish I still had my Wilson Staff Dynapower irons I used in HS.

Two come to mind. I wish I would have kept the Mizuno JPX900 driver and an old Hoganardi putter that I have seemed to misplace.

I should have kept my Great Big Bertha 3 wood, the one from a few years ago. That thing was money for me and I haven't quite been able to replicate that performance in that spot.

Way back when I started getting serious about golf, I had a 9.0 driver, that was absolutely a money club for me. 270+/- yards, and nothing but fairways most of the time. I actually had a few wind aided, firm fairway 300 yard drives with it.

I don't remember the brand/model of the club head other than it was. Maybe 380 cc . I do know it was not one of the major oems at the time.

The shaft was nothing to speak of either.

I purchased it new, at a no name golf discount store, paying around $40 bucks for it. One of those here today, gone tomorrow types of golf stores.

I used this driver for about 2 years, until I caved in the face.

I tried a new club head on the old shaft, that didn't work out very well.

To this day, I still remember the tee box, and course I was at when the face caved in. I put a good swing on the ball, heard a horrible noise, and watched a dying duck ball flight take place.

Taylormade Bubble Shaft Driver. Nothing but high draws, man I could hit that thing. But am probably remembering the 2 good shots I hit with it. Sort of like that old girlfriend that you remember was hot. Hahahahaha

My original big Bertha driver. Wife was pissed at me for something and busted shaft. Put in a new shaft but the magic was gone.

Cobra Baffler Rail F 3 and 5 woods.

Ping's first version of the company's Rapture driver.

Back