A week in Palm Springs...

Titleistforlife

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
Just spent the week in Palm Springs on a "work" outing. Below is a short summary/review of what we played:

Tuesday: Indian Wells Celebrity Course...This is one of the most astheticly pleasing courses I've played. Nice water features, rocks and manicured very nicely. Greens were awesome and rumored to be rolling at a 10.5. I played we'll on the front but ran out of gas on the back. Shot 39/44 for an 83.

Wednesday: We went over and played Desert Willow Mountain View. To me this was definitely more of a desert course. Greens were a bit slower but still very good. Views are great, course is beautifully manicured in great shape. Shot 34/42 for a 76.

Thursday: We played Desert Willow Firecliff. I made the mistake of drinking too much on Tuesday night, so I played poorly and the round was a blur. The course was defiantly tougher than the previous day, and again manicured beautifully with fantastic views. Shot 41/44 for an 85. Putted terrible here.

Friday: For our final day we were back to Indian Wells to play the Players Course. Though not as "asthetic" as the Celebrity course, it is a true Championship Track. Greens were great, views are first rate and the course is awesome. I lit this course up with a career round. Had a birdie put on the 18th for a 69 go just left, finishing with a 70. 5 birdies and 3 bogies and 10 pars.

I preferred the Indian Wells courses to theDesert Willow courses but all 4 are worth playing. We stayed at the Mirmonte Hotel and it too was fantastic. Palm Springs is a great golf destination with 122 courses in the valley. I can see myself returning.

You lucky boy.

I just got back from Palm Desert last week. I miss it so much. Thanks for the mini reviews, Ill have to look into those courses the next time out.

For as close I live to Palm Springs/Palm Desert/La Quinta/etc., we definitely do not get out there enough, because everytime we do go, we have a great time.

My mother in law lives on The Nicklaus Tournament course at PGA West. I snuck on for about 5 holes over Christmas. Fantastic course.

Yeah, I can't imagine there are any "bad" courses out there. The whole area is just an oasis in the desert.

Back