alistaird

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Larger...
I'm returning to the game after a 20 year lull hence the bag is in a bit of transition. Also I've never been able to hit Driver/Woods consistently enough and the advances in technology are really interesting.

So...

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.5 Driver with Tensei CK Pro Blue Tx
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood with Tensei CK Pro Blue Tx

Callaway Big Bertha Gold - Graphite Stiff RCH 96 - 3-SW

Callaway Big Bertha Tour Series AW/LW - UST Competition Pro Stiff (not yet built)

Odyssey - Exo 2 Ball Limited Edition

Callaway Supersoft

Callaway Light Bag

This will be in transition for the next 12 months I expect. So planned changes:

Callaway Heavenwood (Rogue Stiff probably) instead of 3i
Callaway GBB Gold Tour Series PW and SW replacing the standard PW and SW - new shafts UST Competition Pro Stiff.

All the GBB Gold Irons - extend by 1/2 inch and replace with Medium Grips.

A

That’s a really fun setup! (y)

Welcome back to the game & like the sounds of that bag.

Fun bag. One thing the Heavenwood will likely go much farther than your 3i. Given the longer shaft it will fly close to the same distance as a 5wood but with a higher trajectory. It is an awesome club but I don't see it as a 3i replacement.

Fun bag. One thing the Heavenwood will likely go much farther than your 3i. Given the longer shaft it will fly close to the same distance as a 5wood but with a higher trajectory. It is an awesome club but I don't see it as a 3i replacement.

Thanks for the input - the 3i rarely comes out the bag so the best club to make room for the Heavenwood but we will see. It's all experimenting at the moment as so much has changed in the 20 years being away o_O

A

I'm returning to the game after a 20 year lull hence the bag is in a bit of transition. Also I've never been able to hit Driver/Woods consistently enough and the advances in technology are really interesting.

So...

Callaway Big Bertha Gold - Graphite Stiff RCH 96 - 3-SW

Callaway Big Bertha Tour Series AW/LW - UST Competition Pro Stiff (not yet built)

Callaway Supersoft

Callaway Light Bag

This will be in transition for the next 12 months I expect. So planned changes:

Callaway Heavenwood (Rogue Stiff probably) instead of 3i
Callaway GBB Gold Tour Series PW and SW replacing the standard PW and SW - new shafts UST Competition Pro Stiff.

All the GBB Gold Irons - extend by 1/2 inch and replace with Medium Grips.

A
Nice set up! Love my Mavrik SZ!

Good looking set up man! Pictures of said setups are always welcome too ;)

Thanks for the input - the 3i rarely comes out the bag so the best club to make room for the Heavenwood but we will see. It's all experimenting at the moment as so much has changed in the 20 years being away o_O

A

You might want to look at a hybrid of some sort instead of the Heavenwood or a more traditional 7 wood without the longer shaft that comes with the Heavenwood.

Major change in the bag.... We've been working on the swing and tried extending the 8 iron by 1/2 inch to improve the lie but then tried a couple of shafts in an Apex with Up 2 lie. Made a big difference and then I found a set (5-PAS) of Epic Forged with Stiff Steelfiber FC90s at an Up 2 discounted 30% in the CPO sale.

No brainer - ordered, tried them and they are in the bag...

So it's likely to look like this now:

Callaway Epic Forged (up2) - Steelfiber FC90 Stiff 5-PAS

Callaway Big Bertha Tour Series AW (52) and LW (60) - TT Steel Regular shafts but I have the UST Competition Pro Stiffs but may not bother now... (note the Epic Forges AW is 46 and SW is 56 so this setup gives me Wedges at 41, 46, 52, 56 and 60.

Callaway Supersoft

Callaway Light Bag

And after discussion with my Pro today - likely to still try the Heaven Wood to fill the gap between 5i and 3W. In my lesson today - 5i was just over 200 off the deck and 3W was around 250 on a good strike. So looking for something around 225 to fill the gap for Par 5s. I'd rather have a good choice of club I can hit with a full swing from 60-130 yards than an extra club over 200.... Just my current feeling and we all know that might change ;)

A

Wow I’m impressed with the upgrade…. Congrats!

Back