Aftermarket Grips?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
For those of you that have changed out the factory grip on your putter, what aftermarket grip did you go with?

I always keep Lamkin UTx and Z5 grips on hand to change out stock grips if needed. Cord is a must for me.

I went with the P2 Reflex, it has some different ideas on design. Mainly the fact that it houses the shaft in the bottom portion versus the traditional grips that house it along the top of the grip, or through the middle of the grip like Super Stroke. They say that it promotes a better wrist angle that minimizes the wrist break down that can impact consistency in the stroke.

So far it’s always a SuperStroke.

One of theses days I might try a Tour Snsr if they make them in normal colors.

I went with the P2 Reflex, it has some different ideas on design.

I haven’t seen that one before, but TXG and Shawn Clement have recommended one called the Forward Golf Grip that is identical in design.

Currently using a lamkin deep etch cord.

Wanted to try cord putter grip and it felt wrong putting a ping grip on a taylormade spider. The lamkin felt nice so it was done.

Have put super stroke grips on in the past and tour snsr. There are a lot of good grips out there.

I went with SuperStroke on my Odyssey. The grip on my Cleveland is awesome so not changing that one.

I've got a Winn on my putter. Totally changed it for the better

I went with the P2 Reflex, it has some different ideas on design. Mainly the fact that it houses the shaft in the bottom portion versus the traditional grips that house it along the top of the grip, or through the middle of the grip like Super Stroke. They say that it promotes a better wrist angle that minimizes the wrist break down that can impact consistency in the stroke.
I haven’t seen that one before, but TXG and Shawn Clement have recommended one called the Forward Golf Grip that is identical in design.

I have the P2 React Tour and its a game change for sure!!! ive definitely made more of an effort to practice putting this year, but I firmly believe this grip has a lot to do with it...
And yes the Forward Golf Grip and P2 are basically the same concept. This is an innovation I dont believe is a gimmick or placebo effect. I am confident my hands are in the ideal position and I can visually see the putter face has less rotation and more control

Golf Pride SNSR Contour Pro or Golf Pride Pro Only Red

Mostly ping pp58 midsize cord. Or standard pingman grip. Few superstrokes in there. But my current putter has a gripmaster roo tour grip. Phenomenal so far.

I've had success with Lamkin and Golf Pride.

I am a bit more partial to Lamkin than GP, just me though.

I just put a super stroke claw grip on my putter and really like it. I do not putt claw style. I putt left hand low and the flat portion on the bottom feels great!! plus it has a bit of a pistol shape to the top. The best of both worlds.

I have historically used Super Stroke 2.0 on my putters but this year I tried a P2 React Tour on my Evenroll and I feel that it was an improvement. Very stable and durability was excellent. Liked it so much I picked one up at half price for next time I need another grip.

I've put Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 on one of my Odyssey Pro Types, and on my SC. I absolutely love them. The Pistol GT 1.0 has a great contour and fit in the hand, the Traxion is a great grip, and having the versatility of changing out the counter weight in the grip is sensational. I actually have a 50g in my Odyssey, and 25g in the Scotty.

-Bishop

Back