Alberta Get Together

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
Anybody interested in getting together (for some of us) again this summer for a round?

Renren has been bugging me to get this thread started so we can get more Alberta THP'ers together this year.

We were thinking August again.

I'm in for sure. We need to find more of us. What course were you thinking? Are you coming down south again or do you want to try something like Wolf Creek a little closer to Red Deer?

Hopefully we can get something worked out

I'm probably going to be away July 27th to August 12th though

I'm in for sure. We need to find more of us. What course were you thinking? Are you coming down south again or do you want to try something like Wolf Creek a little closer to Red Deer?

I like that idea. The Wolf is pretty challenging for some people. I have no problem though, went there last year on my way home and shot a personal best. I am coming south in August again too so I guess it depends on if we get some others involved and where they are from.

I would be in for that. I haven't played the Wolf in years. Too long in fact that I need to play it again. :)

Personally I wouldn't mind playing somewhere that doesn't penalize wayward tee shots too badly. My drives can be all over the place sometimes so playing somewhere that doesn't kill you for that would be nice.

Plus I think a course on the slightly easier side would be good as it would allow for players of all skill levels to come by and have fun

Any thoughts on a course Ren?

The Wolf is great, you just need to play from the right tees.

What about a date for this guys? Maybe the 17th or 18th of August?

I could to the 17th

That weekend should work for me.

Sounds good. I don't think we need to book yet or anything but lets pm and invite everyone you see from Alberta.

We need to confirm a course I'm good for anything from Waterton to Barhead

We need to confirm a course I'm good for anything from Waterton to Barhead

I think something close to Calgary would be ideal probably although personally I'd prefer a little bit South of Calgary

What about Nanton or Vulcan? Ren if we end up else where we could share a ride. I think Wintergreen or Speargrass would be great. Has anyone contacted RatFink?

I can d that. If we are all good with Wolf Creek on the 17th at about 11 am I can start with booking one foursome.

What about Nanton or Vulcan? Ren if we end up else where we could share a ride. I think Wintergreen or Speargrass would be great. Has anyone contacted RatFink?

Where ever you guys want is good with me. No I have not got a hold of Ratfink as yet. I did look up the last thread and pm all the locals that replied though.

Honestly I'm pretty open on courses. I wouldn't mind something a bit more open though.

17th shouldn't be a problem for me. I do have to put in a time off request but my manager is pretty cool so there shouldn't be a problem with it even though I just took 2.5 weeks off just before that

wow didn't know there were quite a few albertans on here. i'm new here but would definitely love to get out and play!

wow didn't know there were quite a few albertans on here. i'm new here but would definitely love to get out and play!

Cool, glad you want to join us aznives!

Sorry I have been away from this for a bit. Did the level 3 rules course in Calgary and had a really busy month besides that. My schedule is freeing up a bit now and I am booking vacation rounds now so it would be a good time to get this set up.

Have we found a place?

How about Innisfail? Or Olds? Maybe somewhere in or around Red Deer? If aznives is agreeable we could share a ride?

What about sundre?

Give me a time and a course and I will be there.

I would somewhat prefer to stay on the south end of Calgary if possible. Olds and Red Deer are starting to get a bit farther away than I'd really prefer being as far south as I am

Back