Alternating Putters

• 1 - through thick and thin

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • 2 - switch it up when one of them goes south

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • 3+ - I'm a putter junkie

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
I have putters because I like putters but always come back to the putter that was fit to my putting stroke. Anything else may have a hot week or two but noting long term

Just one, pretty boring. I know it's a good putter so long as I do my part correctly. I'd like to do a real good professional putter fitting someday to find 'THE ONE' though.

There's a lot of things I don't want to think while I'm on the golf course, and one of them is, "If I had been gaming my other putter, I would have made that putt." So I do my best to stick to one putter until I'm confident it doesn't suit my needs and another putter does.

I use just one, I really like the look and feel of the Method 001 plus it gets the ball rolling great for me. Ive been tempted to switch in the past but don't want to change something that works.

Ill rotate between two flatsticks if one starts to go awry. Always nice to have another putter I know I like to switch to. Since the second half of last season, Ive only used my modified Odyssey Works 1w. We go together like peas and carrots.

Mostly stuck to my current putter,but thinking of adding one in the mix if it performs well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played 3 putters this year before finding the one that just makes putts for whatever joke of a stroke I'm using right now.

It stays in until it starts costing me league/tournament wins.

I have been a stick with one until the last couple years where I have tested out quite a few. After doing a fitting though, I don't plan to make any changes anytime soon.

My former SeeMore SB2c had cooties. I got fitted. Special ordered it. $300. And used it a half dozen times. My putts per round went up from 34 to 40. Last summer, I traded it for a Bobby Grace mallet and a refurbished Ping Echo (not the patent pending model). The Ping is like the one I learned with.

I've gamed the same putter for 5 years now.
Before that, it was a 4 year love affair and before that it was somewhere around 10 years.

Sticking with one makes sense. The problem is that some shiny new putter, like a pretty girl, will catch your eye, and you will think its OK to flirt with her.

...but its not.

Revisiting this, almost 2 years later.

My ER2 has been great since it went into the bag about a year ago. But I still think about adding another putter, just to rotate from time to time and give myself a fresh look. Currently in hard ponder mode between a Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow, and a Spider X in navy and white.

The Spider X is the same head weight as my ER2, has the same grip as the stock option, and only has like 8 or 9 degrees more toe hang. But it's obviously a very different shape than my gamer.

The Double Wide is heavier, is balanced differently, and has like 20 degrees more toe hang than mine. But it's essentially the same head shape.

And on indoor carpet putting greens, I make a bunch of putts with both....haha.

Somehow I missed this thread until today. I guess the saying above my avatar explains my vote. :D

I don’t think I play enough rounds of golf in a year (35) to alternate putters. That being said I can certainly see the draw it would have.

Stroke Lab tech is pretty legit btw.

I always think of putting one of my many in play. After yesterday's round, that might become a reality next week. We shall see.

I've usually kept two styles of putters around since the 90's.

An Anser style blade and a flat bottomed mallet. I know, that probably covers 90% of the putters out there... Anyways, I normally have one option from both sides of the spectrum.

I'm really interested in trying out a longer putter though. Armlock setup without the added loft and forward press (you know NOT armlocking, :rolleyes: ). I'll probably talk myself into trying a 3rd option before summer's end.

Swap putters? I usually swap our 3-5 clubs every round not including putter!

With very rare exception, I've gamed the same putter for almost 20 years. I've tried a few others here or there but none stuck more than a round or two.

That said, I've convinced myself I need a new putter.

I'm a headcase golf-wise, so sometimes I just need to change it up to get my groove back. My Edel is my gamer and probably use it for 75% of rounds, but I will also work in a Ping Anser 2 or O-Works V-line Fang.

I used to swap them out often. Then I forgot how to putt. Figured it out again last year. Not planning on switching for a while now.

I often remove a long club and carry two putters within the bag.

Have been doing it for about 7 years but no more. Putting better than I have probably ever so the old Harris English mFGP that I paid $35 for has a permanent place in my bag

This will be my 6th season playing golf, and although I've really enjoyed playing with the O-Works Tank 1W, I feel like I've really found my stroke with my Odyssey ProType #2 which I bought in September. I've only gamed if for 4 rounds, but feel although this will be my last flatstick...

-Bishop

Back