I just bought some blades because they pretty. You're crazy in a good way

I've done that and really want to buy a new set because they look so nice. I hit blades so well on the range, but not so much on the course.

I've done that and really want to buy a new set because they look so nice. I hit blades so well on the range, but not so much on the course.

Same, I went and bought some used Mizunos because they look and feel/sound amazing. My game is nowhere near good enough to hit blades though.

First, nice round OG!

I once went 7 under for nine. I’m probably the crappiest golfer to ever shoot a 29. That was the back, the front was a lovely 44. Ended up +1, 73. It wasn’t my best overall score ever but one of my top 10 in the last 5 years since I came back to golf. What’s funny about that is I left some meat on the bone with the 29, it easily could have been a 27. I’m pretty sure I had something different in the bag after a week or two.

So good play has nothing to do with switching things up. I could have used any clubs to shoot that 44/29, save for ones wildly inappropriate for me.

Swap out, keep, they’re all so good anymore that it probably matters very little to your scores. I played the equipment game for a long time. Now I’m trying to stick with what I’ve got, with the obvious exception of swapping to Bridgestone wedges once those come in.

I just bought some blades because they pretty. You're crazy in a good way

That is my exact justification for blades too. They're pretty! lol

I'm gonna put my Wishon 550's back in the bag soon. Not sure why after how I played today, but it's happening. I have 5 and 6 in 550c and 7 to PW (maybe GW, too) in 550m. I just put Nippon Modus3 120 stiffs in them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i was in a similar situation. i stop playing golf for about 15 years. came back using the same clubs...but after about 3 months i starting playing better then i ever did. i knew i would be playing a lot more so i just bit the bullet and replace everything in my bag. i figured at first i might be taking a lil step back but i wanted to improve with a more modern "game improvement" club.

Back