Am I the only one who notices differences in shoe spike height?

greg19

Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
Now this may sound crazy to some (ok, maybe to all) but I recently bought a new pair of golf shoes, switching from spikeless to spikes) and while standing over the ball I feel like i'm farther away due to the length of the spikes. For most of the round I was hitting shots thin and topping them from what I feel is being taller and the bottom of my swing arc finishing at a higher point. So am I crazy for thinking I can feel the small difference in height and will need a round or 2 to adjust to the difference? I can't be the only one!!

It's even stranger when put on a par of Ecco's. They have low-rider spikes on them. Feel like you're wearing metal spikes.

Other than the dents I leave in soft greens, no I really haven't thought about the issue.

I know the differences exist, but I don't really notice a difference, only between spiked and not.

I do notice a slight difference when I wear my spiked shoes vs spikeless (Adipure Z vs Truelinks, & Ecco spikeless) the spiked are slightly taller.

I don't notice any difference. I wonder if sole thickness is radically different between shoes and brands.

I do notice it, but not so much while swinging the club.

The main time I notice it is while walking, when all of a sudden with new shoes I am scuffing my feet.

I don't feel any difference. I think a big reason why is a lot of the ranges are mats and I wear sneakers on those. Then I go out on the course with golf shoes. I guess I just got used to wearing different types of shoes and can't tell the difference.

I've never tried spikes, but can certainly tell the difference between my two spikeless shoes. I tend to choose my FJs over my others, primarily because they put me at a more comfortable height from the ball.

Never noticed spike height but I can say that my Callaway shoes are leaf magnets. I mean, after a while they make me look like I'm wearing leafy snow shoes!

I've never really thought about it so I guess my answer is no.

Never noticed spike height but I can say that my Callaway shoes are leaf magnets. I mean, after a while they make me look like I'm wearing leafy snow shoes!

I found that to be true with both pair Boost 360's i have, like walking around with a tree limb under your foot.

Now this may sound crazy to some (ok, maybe to all) but I recently bought a new pair of golf shoes, switching from spikeless to spikes) and while standing over the ball I feel like i'm farther away due to the length of the spikes. For most of the round I was hitting shots thin and topping them from what I feel is being taller and the bottom of my swing arc finishing at a higher point. So am I crazy for thinking I can feel the small difference in height and will need a round or 2 to adjust to the difference? I can't be the only one!!

Why moved to spikes if I may ask? I made a move the other way around.

I lost a couple of spikes 2 weeks ago and asked the locker guy to replace them and he did. However, he only replaced the ones I lost with new and the others were pretty worn down. I felt lopsided all day.

Not even something I pay attention too

I am not sure I recognize a distance away from the ball, but I definitely feel the spikes after switching from level spikeless.

Not even something I pay attention too

I wouldn't normally pay attention to it but it felt like I went from Chuck Taylor basketball shoes to Gene Simmons platform boots.

I wouldn't normally pay attention to it but it felt like I went from Chuck Taylor basketball shoes to Gene Simmons platform boots.

Haha...that's a big difference. I have several different brands of shoes and I'm going to pay attention to see if I feel any difference in them

I notice the difference. When I only go to range, I wear new balance minimus sport and play with Ecco biom or world class (both have same spikes). What is difficult for me though, is to determine whether a bad shot is related to the shoes I'm wearing or just the fact that I just suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely notice. I seem to play better in a lower height shoe. Ecco Street is my sweet spot as to height.

Loved the look of Asics golf shoes years ago but that height scared me away.

I play better in spikeless shoes than I do in spikes but I have both

Back